cure-real
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

Just curious. How many of ya'll have concealed carry permits?

What do ya'll think of it?

Do you live in areas that can get them?

My dad is getting his. One of my brothers and I both have ours.
    We have about nine that I know of in our church that can legally carry.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Once I finish my application and after the 6-8 month wait, I'll have a concealed permit. I live in NY.

Do I need it, no but I had to turn over my pistol when I moved back to NY and until this paperwork is done I can't possess the pistol so I have to do all this to legally exercise my right to bear arms.
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

~Three minutes is a lifetime, if you only have two, too live~

I live in Chicago, so no guns for me.

Just this past weekend gang violence went crazy. We had something like 4 deaths and 28 injuries (all gun related) in a two day period. The first sunny weekend of the year is notorious for this. Now the people are marching with these big placcards "Stop the violence". They're demanding the government do something about it.

The sad thing is, people view this as a single source problem that the government should make "go away". Nobody will look at the broad spectrum of variables including schooling, opportunities, segregation, poverty, and a failing justice system. Nobody will look at solutions that everyone works towards. They want somebody to do it for them. That somebody (Mayor Daley) is going to do what LOOKS to be the most decisive action: get tougher on gun laws.

... which already take guns out of the hands of law abiding and upright citizens. And the wheel goes round...

I didn't think it would happen, but my stance on gun control has completely switched from "what do we need 'em for anyway" to ...

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    Getting my concealed carry is something I want to do this year. North Carolina happens to be one of the most gun-friendly and self-defense friendly states in the union. I'm not flashy, a simple Beretta 92-series is in my future. I also want to teach my fiance how to shoot, something I've been promising for over a year.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Quote Originally Posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
    Getting my concealed carry is something I want to do this year. North Carolina happens to be one of the most gun-friendly and self-defense friendly states in the union. I'm not flashy, a simple Beretta 92-series is in my future. I also want to teach my fiance how to shoot, something I've been promising for over a year.
    My wife and I are planning a little vacation so she can unwind some. I thought I'd take her to Vegas where we can go to the gun range. A few seconds behind an M60 should do the trick, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Buck shot View Post
    completely in favor of concealed carry.......I currently have a nice Ruger P-89

as long as there are dangerous people walking the earth I am all for the right to defend your own life and that of your family

JESUS SON OF GOD IS MY LORD

All Things Are Possible

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    My wife and I are planning a little vacation so she can unwind some. I thought I'd take her to Vegas where we can go to the gun range. A few seconds behind an M60 should do the trick, don't you think?
    No, not until the barrel is smokin'... then that should do the trick
    Slug1--out

~Limitations in a Christianís life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Once I finish my application and after the 6-8 month wait, I'll have a concealed permit. I live in NY.

Do I need it, no but I had to turn over my pistol when I moved back to NY and until this paperwork is done I can't possess the pistol so I have to do all this to legally exercise my right to bear arms.
    It's amazing how differant the gun laws are between states. Here you can still buy them at garage sales with no paperwork.

I live in Chicago, so no guns for me.

Just this past weekend gang violence went crazy. We had something like 4 deaths and 28 injuries (all gun related) in a two day period. The first sunny weekend of the year is notorious for this. Now the people are marching with these big placcards "Stop the violence". They're demanding the government do something about it.

The sad thing is, people view this as a single source problem that the government should make "go away". Nobody will look at the broad spectrum of variables including schooling, opportunities, segregation, poverty, and a failing justice system. Nobody will look at solutions that everyone works towards. They want somebody to do it for them. That somebody (Mayor Daley) is going to do what LOOKS to be the most decisive action: get tougher on gun laws.

... which already take guns out of the hands of law abiding and upright citizens. And the wheel goes round...

I didn't think it would happen, but my stance on gun control has completely switched from "what do we need 'em for anyway" to ...

FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!
    Now that's a big gun.

Can you own a gun in Chicago?

Blog Entries
    It's amazing how differant the gun laws are between states. Here you can still buy them at garage sales with no paperwork.
    My dad gave me his off-duty auto when he retired after 35 years as a NJ Policeman. He moved to SC and this was when he gave me the pistol. I owned it and declaired it while living on Ft. Benning, GA and then on Ft. Riley, KS. Never needed paperwork, just supply the serial number and nomenclature.

Then I move back to my home after I retire from the Army and it's been 2 years since I've seen the pistol. I have to get off my butt and get this paperwork turned in. Plus fork over the $180 or so bucks to get that all done.
    Slug1--out

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    My dad gave me his off-duty auto when he retired after 35 years as a NJ Policeman. He moved to SC and this was when he gave me the pistol. I owned it and declaired it while living on Ft. Benning, GA and then on Ft. Riley, KS. Never needed paperwork, just supply the serial number and nomenclature.

Then I move back to my home after I retire from the Army and it's been 2 years since I've seen the pistol. I have to get off my butt and get this paperwork turned in. Plus fork over the $180 or so bucks to get that all done.
    WOW, I don't know what to say.

I am just glad it has not came to that here, YET.

Blog Entries
    Just curious. How many of ya'll have concealed carry permits?

Do you live in areas that can get them?

My dad is getting his. One of my brothers and I both have ours.
    We have about nine that I know of in our church that can legally carry.
    Having served in the army and seen how concealed weapons work in foreign countries and how abused they are, I am not sure that I would be in favour of this given the nature of sinful man!

Now that's a big gun.
    Can you own a gun in Chicago?
    I need to do a bit more research, but practically speaking the answer is no. I think its legal to own a lucked up, unloaded weapon which can only be unlocked and loaded at a firing range. Or I could be mistaken and its an outright ban on ownership... I can't quite remember but practically it was "no" and many Chicagoans were watching the Washington DC proceedings with great interest.

I imagine if they did legalize fire-arms there would be a huge spike in shooting related death and injury while the gang-bangers arm up and kill each other off.

I need to do a bit more research, but practically speaking the answer is no. I think its legal to own a lucked up, unloaded weapon which can only be unlocked and loaded at a firing range. Or I could be mistaken and its an outright ban on ownership... I can't quite remember but practically it was "no" and many Chicagoans were watching the Washington DC proceedings with great interest.

I imagine if they did legalize fire-arms there would be a huge spike in shooting related death and injury while the gang-bangers arm up and kill each other off.
    I don't think laws affect gangs, I mean they still get their weapons illegally. But i never understood people who were complaining that if students could carry guns on campus those school shootings wouldn't be so bad because the infiltrator would be shot down by the students. I mean instead of a little drunken fight on campus every weekend there would be a nice shootout.

Oh and I don't think guns are legal in Chicago, in fact my bb gun is illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by JIML View Post
    I don't think laws affect gangs, I mean they still get their weapons illegally. But i never understood people who were complaining that if students could carry guns on campus those school shootings wouldn't be so bad because the infiltrator would be shot down by the students. I mean instead of a little drunken fight on campus every weekend there would be a nice shootout.

Oh and I don't think guns are legal in Chicago, in fact my bb gun is illegal!
    I agree, I thing gun bans are like locks. They only keep honest people out!

It has been proven that crime rates drop when honest citizens carry. I will look for some stats when I get the time.

Thread Information