cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We all deserve hell?

We all deserve hell?

If we as Christians believe that all people deserve hell why do we believe that we should be the first to speak up when people go through hell on earth?
    My King of Hearts beats your jack of clubs!

"Both read the Bible day and night;
    but you read black where I read white."
    ~William Blake

The Greasiest of the Greasiest of the Greasy Grace Folks

"The Law actually broke itself when it killed an innocent man"
    Seth Dahl

That's kind of like asking, Why do we preach the gospel? If everyone deserves Hell, why not just keep quiet and let them go where they deserve.

Our role is to make known the grace of God, whether by preaching or by defending the oppressed and showing kindness to those who suffer.
    Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will

Jesus died for us so that people don't deserve hell. That is why we try to save people by passing on the word of God and encourage them to accept Jesus as their saviour. They are just lost sheep and we must try to return them to the flock.

Blog Entries
    I'm just dumb founded that the question was asked by a Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by th1bill View Post
    I fully Agree, this is basic thology.

Quote Originally Posted by th1bill View Post
    .................................?

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by mikebr View Post
    If we as Christians believe that all people deserve hell why do we believe that we should be the first to speak up when people go through hell on earth?
    Hi Mikebr - are you saying you don't understand why we share the gospel or are you saying that we, as Christians, should be the last to say, "Well, they got what they deserve"? - Which is not loving OR helpful in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    That's kind of like asking, Why do we preach the gospel? If everyone deserves Hell, why not just keep quiet and let them go where they deserve.

Our role is to make known the grace of God, whether by preaching or by defending the oppressed and showing kindness to those who suffer.
    It honestly sounds like a contradiction to me. I believe that we should do everything possible to keep people out of hell. The reason I believe it is that I don't believe people deserve it.

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    I fully Agree, this is basic thology.
    Which is basic theology; that people deserve hell or that we should preach the gospel?

~William Blake

Seth Dahl

Which is basic theology; that people deserve hell or that we should preach the gospel?
    Both would fit the category of basic theology.

i'm not sure i understand the question. someone goes through a rough period in their lives here on earth so that means we shouldn't say anything to them about their spiritual lives? Isn't during the hardest times of life that people need their Saviour the most?

It honestly sounds like a contradiction to me. I believe that we should do everything possible to keep people out of hell. The reason I believe it is that I don't believe people deserve it.
    I will readily admit that I deserve Hell, so I will use you as an example in this situation. Have you ever sinned? God set the standard to make heaven as perfection. One must live a perfect life to enter into heaven based on his own works. There is no point in even discussing original sin since no person has ever lived life without sin. God set the standard. God is God and He has the authority to define who deserves hell and who does not. God plainly tells us that if we break one of His laws, we have broken the entire law. If you have ever committed one sin, you have committed every sin. You deserve Hell. God, in His grace made provision for us all not to get what we deserve.

Then we may have to understand the deeper meanings of why we "deserve hell".

1. We sin, continue to sin, have sinned, and have sinned alot.
    2. We refuse the New Covenant, we dismiss His crucifixon for sinners salvation

In front of Law, we are the dead already. But in front of His Grace from the covenant, we may still be saved. That's why the Gospel shall be made known, such that more will be saved by His Grace.

Blog Entries
    The concept of "deserving hell" can be compared with being afflicted with a fatal disease. If I have the same disease, and yet have found a cure for that disease, is it not my responsibility to share it with others who have the same malady?

Yes, we have all sinned. It is grace that brings us into God's arms. That grace does not diminish as we share it with others, but deepens and embraces all people.

Don't worry about having asked a question that many others regard to be ... unnecessary. Take the next step and reach out to those around you who need to know God's love and mercy in their lives.
    <(((><

Blog Entries
    So God is unjust?
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Thread Information