The "Florida Healing Outpouring"

We understand that the "Revival" in Lakeland Florida is a growing excitement to some and also a growing concern to many others. As a rule of this board... we promote mainstream Protestant views and even though that covers a wide swath of doctrinal beliefs, the Administrators of Bibleforums CMB do not see this movement as fitting within the Protestant views that we intend for discussion at Bible Forums. In truth we wouldn't even give it credit for being anything other than a movement... it is certainly not a Revival. We want to STRESS THIS POINT because there are legitimate Revival's taking place all over the world and we would NEVER DISCOURAGE anyone from speaking of those. This is not something that we are deciding on because we are anti-Pentecostal/Charismatic... I can assure you that we are not. Most all of the Admin in this Forum would be labeled Pentecostal and or Charismatic... and rightly so. We have spent countless hours watching, studying, researching and praying about this for weeks now since we first heard about the meeting. It is this reason that we do not want to see this board being a billboard for such an event as this... nor do we want to see this board to start whipping up on everything Charismatic and Pentecostal simply because of the antics and parading of certain movements. The movement in Florida is tied in deep with the Latter Rain movement and that goes beyond what we would consider Protestantism. We try hard to not throw out the baby with the bathwater here but our problem is that there are times when we have to do just that. There are other issues naturally but that is enough for us to make the decision that we have made.

That being the case, we will not be allowing the discussion of this movement (and ones like it) on the open board and we urge our members to exercise discernment regarding the doctrines underpinning the Lakeland Healing Outpouring.

There is a Social Group (there will be no more... any other will be deleted) on this matter run by one of the Admin (ProjectPeter) and it can be discussed in that group once you are qualified to join. That happens after 7 days and 10 post. All other threads or post on this movement will be deleted as soon as a Moderator sees the thread appear.

All other questions regarding our policy regarding this issue should be addressed in the Chat to the Moderators forum. Be patient and I will get with you just as soon as I can possibly can. In private, I will address any concern that you have both pro and con.