cure-real
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe Non Christians can go to Heaven?

Do you believe Non Christians can go to Heaven?

I believe Non Christians can go to heaven. Why do I believe this? Well first some people have never heard of God as we know him they may know him in a different name but still believe there is only one God. Some people in the world never heard of the bible or Jesus or God and they do good things as people. I believe these people will go to Heaven. How can you expect someone to be a Christian if they have never heard of God and the Bible? I also believe that Jewish people and Muslims can go to heaven and other religions that I do not really no about.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by FASE View Post

I believe Non Christians can go to heaven. Why do I believe this? Well first some people have never heard of God as we know him they may know him in a different name but still believe there is only one God. Some people in the world never heard of the bible or Jesus or God and they do good things as people. I believe these people will go to Heaven. How can you expect someone to be a Christian if they have never heard of God and the Bible? I also believe that Jewish people and Muslims can go to heaven and other religions that I do not really no about.

What do you think?
    Being a monotheist does not get one into heaven. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me." Jesus is the only way to heaven.

Blog Entries

What do you think?
    I think you're teaching something very dangerous.
    Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims... They aren't going to Heaven if they haven't accepted Christ. Now where 'haven't heard' the Gospel message of Christ, I present the following...

Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

But how can you expect someone being brought up by birth as a Jew convert into a Christian? Also do you not think that God should be the one to Judge weather they go to heaven. Also I will try and find this very interesting artical I found about how Jewish people and people of other religions can still get into Heaven. I really hope I can find it, it is a real eye opener. But Xel'Naga you are right they do not go into heaven without excepting Christ. But if they die on earth as a Jew or Muslim it does not mean that they don't go to heaven. I no this is not making very much sense but I will explain better later.

But how can you expect someone being brought up by birth as a Jew convert into a Christian? Also do you not think that God should be the one to Judge weather they go to heaven. Also I will try and find this very interesting artical I found about how Jewish people and people of other religions can still get into Heaven. I really hope I can find it, it is a real eye opener. But Xel'Naga you are right they do not go into heaven without excepting Christ. But if they die on earth as a Jew or Muslim it does not mean that they don't go to heaven. I no this is not making very much sense but I will explain better later.

What did Jesus say? NO MAN cometh unto the Father but by me! It is pretty simple. When Jesus spoke, God spoke.

Yes, Jesus is God. Did you read everything you quoted?

Yes, Jesus is God. Did you read everything you quoted?
    Yeah I read it. You could get a stack of articles a mile high that say whatever. The Bible, the only relavent book on who does and does not enter heaven, says they will not enter Heaven except through the Son.

What do you think?
    I believe those who reject Christ will go to hell. Whosoever is written in the book of life will go to heaven. If this includes those who have'nt heard the gospel but believed what God HAS given them they will likely be found in the book of life I would be guessing. The only thing we can be certain of is God is judge of all.
    Last edited by calidog; Jun 11th 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.
    C. S. Lewis

I do not believe non Christians go to heaven. I trust our LORD's judgement. Many people have been lead astray, but he knows the heart. I just hope as many people as possible enjoy heaven, myself first and foremost.

I find this question a hard one!! Well the bible says we enter heaven through Jesus. I believe God is a gracious God and those, for
    whatever reason who do not hear the gospel are saved by the grace of God. I often question my own salvation. There are times I would not doubt my salvation but then again there are times I am not so sure... This whole subject frightens me a little.. I trust in God that all my loved ones will be saved. I do find it difficult to get my head around heaven and hell. I have had 2 dreams and its as if I am being told that heaven and hell are the real deal, this is what it is all about. God wants no one to perish, it is our duty as christians to let others see the love of Jesus shine out of us and spread to Good News. Jesus is risen and lives in us......... amen We all have freewill, we all have a choice, scary eh!!!...

What about the billions who lived in the Americas while Mesopotamia was being settled?

Did God really sentence trillions of people across the millenia to eternal torment because the Christian world didn't know they existed yet?

Or could God (as the Holy Spirit) speak to the hearts of men, inspiring them to teach His truth and His law and the message of His Son WITHOUT the spiritual descendants of the 12 apostles?

Such inspiration WOULD use different names than our Christian traditions, because those inspired would not have a physical, historical man as reference.

Native American tribes have many stories of a "Great Spirit," a creator deity who speaks through animals, or physically takes the form of an animal (which represents a person's ancestor in many tribes' beliefs) to share a truism or a message about how to live.

I believe there will be many in Heaven who DO refer to our Creator and Savior and Comforter by different names than we have come to use for them.

I also believe it does not reflect the character of God to banish from His presence those who have heard and obeyed His voice, even without a tidy "come to Jesus" meeting.

Blog Entries
    We can only get to heaven through Christ

Whom Christ allows to go through Him is His choice, not mine

Personally, I think there is a very good chance that people we wouldn't label as 'Christian' will get to heaven through Jesus. If I'm right it'll be b/c they honestly pursued truth as best they could (remember, Jesus is the Way and the Truth) and will be rewarded with the Life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzword View Post
    What about the billions who lived in the Americas while Mesopotamia was being settled?
    There was Yahwaic religion before Abraham... We at least know this much because of Melchizedek. Now, even ignoring him we know that all people started out in one concentrated area and then moved outward (assuming you take the Bible literally at the beginning). So... At least in the beginning they weren't completely left in the dark. The 'billions in America' (really, where did you come across this number?) are, either way, without excuse as per Romans 1:20.

Did God really sentence trillions of people across the millenia to eternal torment because the Christian world didn't know they existed yet?
    No, of course not. Do you think God works only through Christian means? Big phenomena going on right now: Muslims are meeting Jesus in their dreams and are being led to Christ, Christianity. This is outside the work of any human, Christian, means.

Allow me to assume some what... And assert that God's been doing this sort of thing for a very long time. After all; how do you think He revealed Himself to Abraham?

Or could God (as the Holy Spirit) speak to the hearts of men, inspiring them to teach His truth and His law and the message of His Son WITHOUT the spiritual descendants of the 12 apostles?

Such inspiration WOULD use different names than our Christian traditions, because those inspired would not have a physical, historical man as reference.
    Oh, they would most definitely be focused around the person of Jesus, even if by a different name (which is quite arbitrary, to be honest). The religion whose God died for His people... It's central to Christianity. Any teaching the Holy Spirit does revolves around the work of Christ.

Their beliefs would line up with the Word, by the way.

Native American tribes have many stories of a "Great Spirit," a creator deity who speaks through animals, or physically takes the form of an animal (which represents a person's ancestor in many tribes' beliefs) to share a truism or a message about how to live.
    'Great Spirit', and... What? Superficial similarities do little to nothing. You have to dig into their deeper theological teachings to see what exactly they believe. In the case of native America tribes... There's a lot gone awry.

I believe there will be many in Heaven who DO refer to our Creator and Savior and Comforter by different names than we have come to use for them.
    The Bible says that if we search, God will come.
    That includes everyone, even if they don't know that little bit of information. And in such cases God is the judge... Unless one were able to enter into a conversation with such a person, in which case theology would be a pertinent discussion

But with that said I absolutely think it possible for people to come to a knowing of Christ through revelation, say, where Christian missionaries haven't been.

I also believe it does not reflect the character of God to banish from His presence those who have heard and obeyed His voice, even without a tidy "come to Jesus" meeting.
    No one's saying you have to have a tidy "come to Jesus" meeting to be saved, God can reveal Himself to people many ways. But keeping in mind that this revelation would absolutely not contradict with scripture, it would agree with scripture.

You either come to God because of the work of men, or you come to God because He came knocking (whether or not you were searching). Now with that said, accepting Christ means rejecting all else. There are no Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists etc. in Heaven.

But isn't this the message Jesus shows ? People who are good will be accepted. Do lots of good in your life and you will be known as good and will be invited in. But if you follow after to much crime or hate or whatever you know the things you get into you might get caught as bad which is bad so be good. Hey if you are thankful for good people then you can be thankful for Jesus because that is what he teaches us to be.

About the Native American's there history is really cool and many of them did have great insight into the spiritual things. But what about the written history of them? From what I have read for the most part Native Americans used pictures to show basic ideas but never came up with any written languages until a Cherokee named Sequoyah did around 1800. They called our writings "talking leaves" but never produced any themselves unless I am mistaken.
    So many of them lived in harmony just as they thought without needing to know how to write guidelines but still lived right and did good and even great things (and if they did good in there life then they deserve heaven). I have heard people say that Native Americans had no religion but I consider they were very religious even tho they had no ancient text. There were probably many Native Americans that are more worth of heaven than many of us today. I have a great grandmother who was a Native American Cherokee who lived in North Carolina but I never got to meet her.

I believe Non Christians can go to heaven.
    I also believe that Jewish people and Muslims can go to heaven and other religions that I do not really no about.

What do you think?
    Fase

Sorry, but this is New Age.

This is the ONLY way to get into Heaven:

Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. (Rom 10:9)

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Thread Information