cure-real
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is today's Churches what the 1st century church had in mind?

Question Is today's Churches what the 1st century church had in mind?

Are our Churches in the 21st century and their services what Peter and Paul had in mind when they started their 1st century Churches in your opinion?

Everybody says you need to go to Church if you are a born from above Christian, but is today's style of Church services even something we should be attending? Most of it is watered down scriptural preaching at best, with a get what you can get from God attitude, instead of a what can I do for God attitude. what's your opinion on the 21st century Church services, and are they something we should be a part of?

No where near close kind sir. The church has been through several changes since the 1st century.

1.All Israelite Apostles with a few gentiles
    2.2nd Century to 3rd century (mostly gentiles and few Isralites)
    3.4th century (beginning of the Catholics and scatter pockest of independent gentile bodies)
    4.14 Century (the beginning of the Protestant movements out of the Catholics)
    5.19th Century (Pentecostals begin to spring out of the Protestant movements)
    6.20th Century (Charismatics begin to spring out of the Protestant movements)
    7.21st Century (TBD) LOL My guest is the Spiritual Jews spring out of the Protestant, Pentecostal, and Charismatic movements.

This is just a quick general view of the changes. I think it has something to do with the book of Revelation.
    Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Quote Originally Posted by manichunter View Post
    No where near close kind sir. The church has been through several changes since the 1st century.

1.All Israelite Apostles with a few gentiles
    2.2nd Century to 3rd century (mostly gentiles and few Isralites)
    3.4th century (beginning of the Catholics and scatter pockest of independent gentile bodies)
    4.14 Century (the beginning of the Protestant movements out of the Catholics)
    5.19th Century (Pentecostals begin to spring out of the Protestant movements)
    6.20th Century (Charismatics begin to spring out of the Protestant movements)
    7.21st Century (TBD) LOL My guest is the Spiritual Jews spring out of the Protestant, Pentecostal, and Charismatic movements.

This is just a quick general view of the changes. I think it has something to do with the book of Revelation.
    So, do you feel comfortable attending 21st century Church services?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brown View Post
    I attend home churches in the fashion of similiar to most mainstream protestants with a mixture of Jewish flavor.

On Sabbath at 7 pm Friday night at our central location:
    We start with praise and worship (nothing new)
    Then alter call and intercessory prayer
    Offering
    Congregational Reading
    ten minute break for sound set up and fellowship to greet new people
    Sabbath Message/Children Church
    Close and go home

Sunday at 10:30 Worship at various home sites that rotate:
    We start with praise and worship (nothing new)
    Then alter call and intercessory prayer
    ten minute break for sound set up and fellowship to greet new people
    Scripture Study
    Offering
    Close
    Then my favorite part (LOL) we all bring dishes every Sunday and potluck fellowship after service.
    Edify the brethren, love the brethren, and forgive the brethren until I have nothing left.

www.woc-church.org

Emanate Guest
    I don't feel comfortable, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanate View Post
    I don't feel comfortable, but I do.
    Is it because you don't like being around large groups of people, or is it because of what's going on in the services that makes you uncomfortable?

Well I forgot something, to answer your question.

Yes I feel comfortable as long as they do not ask me to speak. I can sit in any Scripture Preaching church that is not teaching false doctrine. They do not necessarily have to agree with everything I have learned, but we have to have the same Jesus. Most do, but some might have small errors in their worship. I do not criticize or point out these errors. I simply praise God and keep fellowshipping.

www.woc-church.org

Well I forgot something, to answer your question.

Yes I feel comfortable as long as they do not ask me to speak. I can sit in any Scripture Preaching church that is not teaching false doctrine. They do not necessarily have to agree with everything I have learned, but we have to have the same Jesus. Most do, but some might have small errors in their worship. I do not criticize or point out these errors. I simply praise God and keep fellowshipping.
    Remember in Paul's pastoral epistles to Tomothy and Titus, one of the requirements for any pastor is to teach, and I have seen very few pastors in my life who teach. Most just spout out the same old watered down one Bible verse per sermon messages, promoting their man made doctrines, over reading the word of God after everything they say. Reading one verse of scripture in Church, and then preaching a message, is not teaching. I am not anti-pastor, I'm pro the word of God being taught in church in the original manuscript languages. This is rarely going on in the Church today.

Remember in Paul's pastoral epistles to Tomothy and Titus, one of the requirements for any pastor is to teach, and I have seen very few pastors in my life who teach. Most just spout out the same old watered down one Bible verse per sermon messages, promoting their man made doctrines, over reading the word of God after everything they say. Reading one verse of scripture in Church, and then preaching a message, is not teaching. I am not anti-pastor, I'm pro the word of God being taught in church in the original manuscript languages. This is rarely going on in the Church today.
    With this being true, most of the pew sitters are clueless as to your point that they are not being fed properly. They do not know that they are getting similac milk instead of strong meat. It is up to you and people like you to distribute the meat in the love and decent order. First find where you should be planted yourself (I think you are already planted right), then grow from there. It is not our responsibility to shepherd other flocks but our own flocks. I undergoing a transition of the same sort brother, so I understand what you mean. I have learned some strong meat, but the biggest obstacle has been the milk of religiousity in others. Patience is the only means for both of us to continue to grow (by this I mean you and those still in need of milk, referring to pastors who can only distribute milk).

www.woc-church.org

With this being true, most of the pew sitters are clueless as to your point that they are not being fed properly. They do not know that they are getting similac milk instead of strong meat. It is up to you and people like you to distribute the meat in the love and decent order. First find where you should be planted yourself (I think you are already planted right), then grow from there. It is not our responsibility to shepherd other flocks but our own flocks. I undergoing a transition of the same sort brother, so I understand what you mean. I have learned some strong meat, but the biggest obstacle has been the milk of religiousity in others. Patience is the only means for both of us to continue to grow (by this I mean you and those still in need of milk, referring to pastors who can only distribute milk).
    I understand where you are coming from brother. It's frustrating trying to find a Church that teaches scripture instead of man made doctrine and reads more then one Bible verse every sermon. I have not had the good fortune to find a Church that has good leadership, and it makes me want to pastor the Church instead, even though I am not called to do so. I know I shouldn't not want to be a part of today's 21st century Church, but I honestly have no use for it. In my opinion, they are way out of Biblical order.

Blog Entries
    And that's the problem.
    Everyone's got an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    And that's the problem.
    Everyone's got an opinion
    So, you like the state of the 21st century Church? If so, why?

I understand where you are coming from brother. It's frustrating trying to find a Church that teaches scripture instead of man made doctrine and reads more then one Bible verse every sermon. I have not had the good fortune to find a Church that has good leadership, and it makes me want to pastor the Church instead, even though I am not called to do so. I know I shouldn't not want to be a part of today's 21st century Church, but I honestly have no use for it. In my opinion, they are way out of Biblical order.
    There a few that have fallen prey to religiousity in your local area. The key has something to do with are they building a christian community or just having church (going through the motions but no true brotherhood that leaves the church by taking it into one another's home).

Some Pastors are hirelings (it is an occupation), some are wolves (they do it for an agenda), and some are heritiary (they are born into it). Few are shepherds.

The return of the Apostolic will fix a little of this.

www.woc-church.org

Most of what I see myself is religion (grace abuse), no true holiness, and factionalism. So, I am not to impressed either. However, like Elijah I had to discover that I am not alone. God has others on the same course of preparing His body for the end.

I believe we should love regardless, and no be controlled or let our personal fustrations influence our felllowshipping and sharing. Do our thing and let others do their thing unless God says something different. I tend to cause a lot of controversy, but it is done in love. I believe in challenging like minded people to take the course or path of self investigation, then I try to stop there. To mental believe something is not enough. Everything must be established as a spiritual truth based on trust, hence self discovery is the only means.

www.woc-church.org

Blog Entries
    Because the church is people and Christ died for them.
    21st century or not.

Thread Information