cure-real
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97

Thread: sins, past, present and future

  1. #1
    Partaker of Christ Guest

    sins, past, present and future

    Did Jesus Christ die for ALL our sins, past, present and future, or just our past sins?

    Some say that only our past sins are forgiven, and that If (as Christians) we sin, we are separated from God.

    We know from scripture that the Law demands, the wages for sin is death. So, if Jesus paid that wage through His death, how can we then be separated?

    According to the Law, an eye for an eye, tooth for tooth is justice. Two eyes for an eye, is unjust.
    If the price has been paid, then justice has been done. Can the Law demand the payment twice for the same wrong?

  2. #2
    He died for ALL sins but we are only forgiven of our past sins. At the very moment you believe all of the sins commited up to that point are forgiven...past sins. I say past because when you are saved past and present sins are forgiven thus becoming past sins. Future sins can be forgiven with repentance but it is not possible to pre-repent for sins that we haven't committed yet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Taking a Vacation for While
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post
    Did Jesus Christ die for ALL our sins, past, present and future, or just our past sins?
    Keep in mind that, at the time of the crucifixion, all of our sins were yet future.
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post
    Some say that only our past sins are forgiven, and that If (as Christians) we sin, we are separated from God.
    What does "separated from God" mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post
    We know from scripture that the Law demands, the wages for sin is death. So, if Jesus paid that wage through His death, how can we then be separated?
    That's my thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post
    According to the Law, an eye for an eye, tooth for tooth is justice. Two eyes for an eye, is unjust.
    If the price has been paid, then justice has been done. Can the Law demand the payment twice for the same wrong?
    See, the whole thing about what you're discussing here is so subjective as to defy any objectivity. If we are "separated from God", then how are we supposed to know we are, considering that some of our sins are committed unintentionally, how many times are we allowed to "come back", and what if we just happen to be unlucky enough to die when we're in between periods of having "come back"? The whole thing is just chaos.

    If we're truly saved, all of our sins were paid for - past, present, and future. If we allow some area of sin to control our life, then we need to get it dealt with, because it will hamper our ability to live as effective Christians, but it will not cost us our destination in Heaven. End of story.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Taking a Vacation for While
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Peter 2:20 View Post
    He died for ALL sins but we are only forgiven of our past sins. At the very moment you believe all of the sins commited up to that point are forgiven...past sins. I say past because when you are saved past and present sins are forgiven thus becoming past sins. Future sins can be forgiven with repentance but it is not possible to pre-repent for sins that we haven't committed yet.
    So every time I commit a new sin I'm unforgiven and am re-routed to hell until I "repent"? That's hogwash.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Peter 2:20 View Post
    He died for ALL sins but we are only forgiven of our past sins. At the very moment you believe all of the sins commited up to that point are forgiven...past sins. I say past because when you are saved past and present sins are forgiven thus becoming past sins. Future sins can be forgiven with repentance but it is not possible to pre-repent for sins that we haven't committed yet.
    You are making repentance a qualification for salvation, but Scripture does not.

    Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

    1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

    1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

    2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

    Da 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

    Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God

    1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

    Blessings,
    RW

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
    So every time I commit a new sin I'm unforgiven and am re-routed to hell until I "repent"? That's hogwash.
    Thanks for the beautiful way you put it

    The Bible tells us of sins one could commit and not be able to inherit the kingdom...Galatians 5.

    I'll use one in your scenario. Let's say the sin you committed was adultery. If you didn't repent where would you spend eternity based on Galatians 5?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerW View Post
    You are making repentance a qualification for salvation, but Scripture does not.

    Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

    1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

    1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

    2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

    Da 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

    Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God

    1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

    Blessings,
    RW
    How can you say that repentance is not part of salvation when that is exactly what John the Baptist and Jesus preached?

  8. #8
    Partaker of Christ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Peter 2:20 View Post
    He died for ALL sins but we are only forgiven of our past sins. At the very moment you believe all of the sins commited up to that point are forgiven...past sins. I say past because when you are saved past and present sins are forgiven thus becoming past sins. Future sins can be forgiven with repentance but it is not possible to pre-repent for sins that we haven't committed yet.
    And what if one does not repent of that paid for sin?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post
    And what if one does not repent of that paid for sin?
    Did you see the scenario I have asked Literalist-Luke? I'll wait for his response and maybe answer both of you in one post.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Peter 2:20 View Post
    He died for ALL sins but we are only forgiven of our past sins. At the very moment you believe all of the sins commited up to that point are forgiven...past sins. I say past because when you are saved past and present sins are forgiven thus becoming past sins. Future sins can be forgiven with repentance but it is not possible to pre-repent for sins that we haven't committed yet.
    The blood of Christ covers "ALL" sin, past, present and future.

    If only past sin was forgiven, then we in the 21st century would all be going to Hell. Christ shed his blood on the cross almost 2000 years ago, so I would say 2000 years ago was in the past for sure.

    No man's sin is more powerful then the blood of Christ, and Satan is not more powerful then the blood of Christ either, and to say otherwise is to trample all over the blood of Christ. Christ didn't just die for past sin, he died for "ALL" sin.

    Lets look at repent in the Greek manuscript language. The Greek manuscript word used in Acts for repent is "metanoeo." It means to change one's mind for the better over their past sins.

    So as you can see, "repent" is not asking for forgiveness of your sins, it's changing your mind about past sins. Most people confuse repenting for asking for forgiveness, because they dont even know what repent means.

    Repenting is not asking for forgiveness of sin, it's changing your mind over your past sin. Big difference.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in house
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post
    Did Jesus Christ die for ALL our sins, past, present and future, or just our past sins?

    Some say that only our past sins are forgiven, and that If (as Christians) we sin, we are separated from God.

    We know from scripture that the Law demands, the wages for sin is death. So, if Jesus paid that wage through His death, how can we then be separated?

    According to the Law, an eye for an eye, tooth for tooth is justice. Two eyes for an eye, is unjust.
    If the price has been paid, then justice has been done. Can the Law demand the payment twice for the same wrong?

    This is my take on it, Christ died for Original Sin and when Christ calls us and we respond that debt is wiped clean the bridge to God is in place. After we are saved and we sin then we can seek repentance and know that God will forgive us because of Christ death because all sin stems from Original Sin.

    I believe though if we don't repentant then the sin is not forgiven, it won't keep us out of Heaven because we are already believers. The only sin that won't be forgiven is the unforgivable sin

  12. #12
    Partaker of Christ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Peter 2:20 View Post
    Thanks for the beautiful way you put it

    The Bible tells us of sins one could commit and not be able to inherit the kingdom...Galatians 5.

    I'll use one in your scenario. Let's say the sin you committed was adultery. If you didn't repent where would you spend eternity based on Galatians 5?
    You say 'committed' and the word 'prasso', means to 'practice'

    Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

    Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

    Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
    Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

    Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

    Are those who are led by the Spirit of God, the same who 'practice' sin?

  13. #13
    I believe that we are saved by grace (Eph. 2:8,9) but we can fall from grace (Gal. 5:2-4). We are justified by faith (Rom. 5:1) but our faith can become shipwrecked (1 Tim. 1:19,20) and cease to exist (Lk. 8:13; Rom. 11:19-23). We are not under the law (Rom. 6:14,15) but if you live according to the sinful nature you will die (Rom. 8:13). Paul taught against legalism (Gal. 5:3,4) but he also taught that no immoral, impure or greedy person has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God (Eph. 5:5-7). We are not saved by works (Eph. 2:8,9) but to reap eternal life and not destruction you must sow to please the Spirit and not the sinful nature (Gal. 6:8,9). God is faithful to us (1 Jn. 1:9; 1 Cor. 10:13) but we must be faithful to him to the very end of our lives to escape the lake of fire or second death (Rev. 2:10,11). God surely loves us (Jn. 3:16; Mk. 10:21; Rom. 8:35-39) but those who inherit the kingdom of God love God (Jam 2:5; 1 Cor. 2:9) and to love God means to obey his commands (Jn. 14:15; 1 Jn. 5:3). We have freedom in Christ (Gal. 5:1) but this freedom is not to indulge the sinful nature (Gal. 5:13; 1 Pet 2:16).

  14. #14
    Partaker of Christ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brown View Post
    The blood of Christ covers "ALL" sin, past, present and future.

    If only past sin was forgiven, then we in the 21st century would all be going to Hell. Christ shed his blood on the cross almost 2000 years ago, so I would say 2000 years ago was in the past for sure.

    No man's sin is more powerful then the blood of Christ, and Satan is not more powerful then the blood of Christ either, and to say otherwise is to trample all over the blood of Christ. Christ didn't just die for past sin, he died for "ALL" sin.

    Lets look at repent in the Greek manuscript language. The Greek manuscript word used in Acts for repent is "metanoeo." It means to change one's mind for the better over their past sins.

    So as you can see, "repent" is not asking for forgiveness of your sins, it's changing your mind about past sins. Most people confuse repenting for asking for forgiveness, because they dont even know what repent means.

    Repenting is not asking for forgiveness of sin, it's changing your mind over your past sin. Big difference.


    Amen Ron!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Brown View Post
    The blood of Christ covers "ALL" sin, past, present and future.

    If only past sin was forgiven, then we in the 21st century would all be going to Hell. Christ shed his blood on the cross almost 2000 years ago, so I would say 2000 years ago was in the past for sure.

    No man's sin is more powerful then the blood of Christ, and Satan is not more powerful then the blood of Christ either, and to say otherwise is to trample all over the blood of Christ. Christ didn't just die for past sin, he died for "ALL" sin.

    Lets look at repent in the Greek manuscript language. The Greek manuscript word used in Acts for repent is "metanoeo." It means to change one's mind for the better over their past sins.

    So as you can see, "repent" is not asking for forgiveness of your sins, it's changing your mind about past sins. Most people confuse repenting for asking for forgiveness, because they dont even know what repent means.

    Repenting is not asking for forgiveness of sin, it's changing your mind over your past sin. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by partaker of Christ View Post


    Amen Ron!
    Ditto - Amen Ron!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •