cure-real

Thread: Whispers of Love

Blog Entries

Whispers of Love

Whispers of Love

“And all bore him (Jesus) witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth (Luke 4:22 KJV).

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth” (John 1:14 KJV).

It is noteworthy that Luke relates the public ministry of Jesus beginning with a description of the Lord’s speech. After Jesus quoted from the Book of Isaiah, how He had come to fulfill His Messianic mission, He stated that the prophecy of Isaiah was fulfilled in Himself. And what was the mission of Messiah, the Christ? It was that He would heal the brokenhearted, preach the gospel to those desperate in their need, He would set free those that are held captive in sin and by Satan, He would give the blind their sight and that He would set at liberty those that are bruised.

His ministry, while on earth was a gracious ministry and it was no more apparent than in the graciousness of His speech. His were kind words that flowed from his lips. His were gentle, loving and compassionate words. His were words that built people up, strengthened them and gave them hope.

How kind were the words that He spoke to the woman caught in adultery when He told her that He did not condemn her. How He brought joy to Zachaeous, the chief of the tax-collectors when He told him that He wanted to spend the day with him. Zachaeous was probably one of the most hated men of his time but Jesus poured words of grace upon him even before Zachaeous had repented of his sin. How He always saw the best in people and instead of pointing out their faults He spoke to them of the good He saw in each individual.

And so it is today. Jesus has not changed and one way that we can recognize the way that He is speaking to us is the way He whispers His love and encouragement to us. He wants to build us up. He wants us to hear His gentle “fear not”. He wants us to recognize His kind and gracious ways with us. He wants us to hear His gentle voice.

Sometimes it can be difficult for us to believe that God is gracious. His words of love and encouragement can be so different from what many of us have experienced during our painful life. But He is there and He desires us to recognize His wonderful whispers of love to us. Beloved, are we still enough to hear Him?

~Come and worship~ "With all I Am" on youtube

Thank you for your words today. If you have a moment, I wondered if you could tell me how you know when it is Him speaking to you, rather than your own mind or thoughts. I have been struggling with this lately and was just wondering how it is with someone else.

Thank you,
    Mandi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    Thank you for your words today. If you have a moment, I wondered if you could tell me how you know when it is Him speaking to you, rather than your own mind or thoughts. I have been struggling with this lately and was just wondering how it is with someone else.

Thank you,
    Mandi
    Sure, I would love to! Would you like to start a thread, perhaps in the "Maturing in Christ" folder? That way we could get others input, also and it would probably be more appropriate there than here

Thanks. I will do that.

On the Olympic Peninsula in NW Washington. A 10 min. walk to the Puget Sound.

reading this...

about the graciousness and kindness of Jesus touches my heart. Oh how much we need words of such grace in our daily lives. We live and work so often in environments that spew out negativity and criticism. Some of us have been so badly beaten and wounded in this shame-based world. The love and grace of Jesus - through whispered words or any other means - is like healing balm, water in the desert, and very life to the soul. We should seek always to hear it, feel it, know it - and thus impart it to others who so desperately need a touch from God.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherJanis View Post
    about the graciousness and kindness of Jesus touches my heart. Oh how much we need words of such grace in our daily lives. We live and work so often in environments that spew out negativity and criticism. Some of us have been so badly beaten and wounded in this shame-based world. The love and grace of Jesus - through whispered words or any other means - is like healing balm, water in the desert, and very life to the soul. We should seek always to hear it, feel it, know it - and thus impart it to others who so desperately need a touch from God.
    Thank you, so much, Jan.

I know....that you know....where I am coming from I see it all over your post.

Welcome to the boards, dear heart!

Thread Information