cure-real

Thread: Stretch Forth Thy Hand

Stretch Forth Thy Hand

Luke Chapter 6, verse 10 "And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man,
    Stretch forth thy hand.
    And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other."

Here was a man whose right hand was withered, and of not much use to him. He came into the presence of Jesus, who was teaching in the synagogue. Jesus saw the man, told him to stand up among the people, and then then told him to
    "stretch forth thy hand". When the man obeyed, Jesus healed him and restored his hand like the other one. I just imagine that this man's left hand was strong, calloused, and well used because he was deprived of the use of the right hand. When his right hand was restored, it was also strong, calloused and well used. I can just see that man shouting for joy at the return of his right hand. He had been struggling, and adjusted to living as a "one hand man", but he still had hope that one day his other hand would be restored. He knew only Jesus could perform this so he sought Him out.

Many of us have a "withered right hand"...something of which we have been deprived. It may be a relationship, or finances, or health, or a myriad of other problems. We know that Jesus can intervene and restore what we have lost.

Today,
    stretch forth thy hand unto Jesus.

walkin2e
    Genesis 5 v 24 "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him." http://www.themasterpoet.net/

Blog Entries
    This is so good. We need to take our needs to the Lord and have the faith that He is able to fulfill those needs. He can take the old, the tattered, and the weary and make things anew. We need to trust in Him at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by ConqueredbyLove View Post
    Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

God is in the healing and restoration business for sure!

I am thinking of this Word of the Lord in the book of Joel.

Joel 2:25
    "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—

Blog Entries

Thank you Lord for loving me first!!!!!

Amen!!! Why are some so doubtful about the power of healing, today?

1. Matthew 9:35
      And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Thread Information