cure-real

Thread: What If My People Prayed?

What If My People Prayed?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New King James Version)

14] If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

The Christian singing group Casting Crowns has recorded a song entitled "What If His People Prayed?" This edgy song imagines how different our land would be if God's people would practice 2 Chronicles 7:14. Such areas as family, government, education, entertainment, and the church would be vastly different, note the connection between our prayers and God's promise. Sometimes we think the best thing we can do to help facilitate change is at the ballot box. While not diminishing our role as voters, we need to dedicate ourselves to our role as people of prayer!

Let today be a day to humble yourself and seek His face. Seek to remind yourself that it is your responsibility to pray not only for our personal benefit, but for the benefit of our community, country and world. Let this be your prayer focus today.

FOR TODAY: PRAY FOR YOUR LAND.

Hug Yes, What if...?

Here is a powerful prayer that will challenge all of us.
    Written by Sir Francis Drake in the 16th century; reprinted in the most recent newsletter of the Baptist church I love being a part of!
    Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves,
    When our dreams have come true
    Because we have dreamed too little,
    When we arrived safely
    Because we sailed too close to the shore.
    Disturb us, Lord, when
    With the abundance of things we possess
    We have lost our thirst
    For the waters of life;
    Having fallen in love with life,
    We have ceased to dream of eternity
    And in our efforts to build a new earth,
    We have allowed our vision
    Of the new Heaven to dim.
    Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
    To venture on wider seas
    Where storms will show Your mastery;
    Where losing sight of land,
    We shall find the stars.
    We ask You to push back
    The horizons of our hopes;
    And to push into the future
    In strength, courage, hope, and love.
    Can we gain the courage to pray this? It will take prayer to even do so, a prayer for courage - like in the last line of his prayer. I want to experience this kind of relationship with the Holy Father Who loves us SO MUCH that He sent His SON to redeem us.
    Humbly as I know how to be, g

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE61 View Post
    2 Chronicles 7:14 (New King James Version)

14] If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

The Christian singing group Casting Crowns has recorded a song entitled "What If His People Prayed?" This edgy song imagines how different our land would be if God's people would practice 2 Chronicles 7:14. Such areas as family, government, education, entertainment, and the church would be vastly different, note the connection between our prayers and God's promise. Sometimes we think the best thing we can do to help facilitate change is at the ballot box. While not diminishing our role as voters, we need to dedicate ourselves to our role as people of prayer!

Let today be a day to humble yourself and seek His face. Seek to remind yourself that it is your responsibility to pray not only for our personal benefit, but for the benefit of our community, country and world. Let this be your prayer focus today.

FOR TODAY: PRAY FOR YOUR LAND.
    I'm living in Fujian province, China. I teach English at a middle school. At present I am the only Foreigner in this town called Hui An, pop. about 70,000. My wife is a doctor working in another city.
    I have a lot of free time to pray and read the Bible. God is calling me more into prayer.
    I like the process that 2 Chronicles 7:14 shows us.
    Help us to live it dear Lord!

Thumbsup thread still alive! yay!

We all need to pray more. More time, more sincerely, more 'kingdom-focused'. As Christ prayed: for His "kingdom come..."
    This weekend my church is holding a prayer walk in the parking lot. We are collecting requests and will write them on bags, making luminaries like the "Relay for Life" cancer fund drive. (Only ours are free.) We will spend the evening walking and praying for these requests and for our church, pastors, youth/schools, nation, revival.
    Please pray for us that we will have many interested and participating.
    More on this tomorrow. Oh, and if you want me to make luminaries for you, anyone, let me know. We will pray for each request.
    in Christ,
    g

Blog Entries
    Oh, Father, show us more and more each day,

Of how we need to seek you and pray.

Thank you, Father!!!!

I'll be praying that the Lord touch and answer all of the requests in your prayer-walk....That is just wonderful....I wish more and more of "the church" would concentrate on PRAYER!!!!! Prayer is the connector to our Heavenly Father. Thank you, Father!!!!

Please make me an illuminary asking the Lord to place the right Christians that my children and grandchildren will listen to and hear the Word so they may be saved. I don't think the Lord is going to tarry too much longer. Their time is running out!!!!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

BHS Guest
    2 Chronicles 6:40-41

"Now, O my God, I pray Thee, let Thine eyes be open, and Thine ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place. "Now therefore arise, O LORD God, to Thy resting place, Thou and the ark of Thy might; let Thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let Thy godly ones rejoice in what is good."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by livingwaters View Post
    Oh, Father, show us more and more each day,

Of how we need to seek you and pray.

Thank you, Father!!!!

I'll be praying that the Lord touch and answer all of the requests in your prayer-walk....That is just wonderful....I wish more and more of "the church" would concentrate on PRAYER!!!!! Prayer is the connector to our Heavenly Father. Thank you, Father!!!!

Please make me an illuminary asking the Lord to place the right Christians that my children and grandchildren will listen to and hear the Word so they may be saved. I don't think the Lord is going to tarry too much longer. Their time is running out!!!!
    Thank you livingwaters for praying for our church! I am creating your luminary just as you asked. I appreciate your request.
    in Christ.
    g

Countdown!

Just 27 hours until the luminary event begins. A team of us will be putting the requests on the bags this evening, adding the sand and candles. I appreciate every prayer that our weather will be clear and that many will come. Wouldn't it be wonderful if some folks just stop by to see what is happening and hear the gospel and receive Christ before going home?! That is one prayer I have for the evening. But we will be praying for our nation and many other concerns as well.
    Again thank you for your comments, prayers, requests...
    I will be closing the computer down soon, so if you have other requests, zip them through to me right away.

g

Thread Information