cure-real

Thread: Asking For Wisdom

Asking For Wisdom

James 1:1-8 (New King James Version)

1] James, a bond servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. 2] My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3] knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4] But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5] If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6] But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7] For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8] he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Asking For Wisdom
    When driving in a city which we are not familiar, you have a map handy in case It's needed for directions. You can also have a GPS on the dashboard to give you visual and spoken directions. In spite of these tools, we can still end up somewhat lost and directed to a dead end, while trying to navigate. Even the best guides can let us down. Except one. If we follow the instructions of today's Bible reading we will have a perfect guide through life. As we pray, we are invited to ask God for wisdom. This invitation also has a promise that wisdom will be given by a generous God. What a blessed resource for life!

What areas of your life need God's wisdom? Is there a decision you need to make, or are you sensing some redirection? Then make a request for wisdom a regular part of your prayer time.

FOR TODAY: ASK FOR WISDOM

Blog Entries
    I need wisdom in my faith, my sins, my relationship with Him. I need to know if what I am doing is the right thing. I just want to know if believing in Him is the right thing. Do you know any chapters, or, verses that can help me with that part of my life?
    PSALM23
    http://encouragementcentral.wetpaint.com/

Please visit the aboce link to my website. I will be adding scripture as I feel it needs to be. And, please feel free to tell me about it. Thanks, and, GOD Bless!!!!!!!!!!

Dana, it's nice to see you here again! I think your question is a very good one...sometimes it's so difficult to know what God's direction is for our individual lives. I would encourage you to post the question in either the New in Christ or Maturing in Christ forums, as I think you'll get more of a response.

The devotion is an excellent reminder that God Himself longs to impart His wisdom to us...it doesn't always happen like plugging in an address to our GPS, but we can be sure that God will give us wisdom and guidance in His way and His time, if we keep our eyes focused on Him!
    ~Mercy
    "Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ,
    keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
    Set your mind on the things above, not the things that are on the earth.
    For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God."
    Col. 3:1-3

"Some people think God does not like to be troubled with our constant coming and asking. The way to trouble God is not to come at all." - D.L. Moody

Thread Information