cure-real
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Babylon Under Construction?

Blog Entries

Babylon...

I do not believe the "Babylon" spoken of in scripture is a literal place but a cultural one. A place which has taken on the society, views, and culture of the original Babylon, just like the "whore" is not an actual woman. It is all figurative..."Mystery Babylon"...
    "...For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict, or resist...Luke 21:15"...I am looking for the remnant....

Blog Entries

A/c

[/quote]
    I could certainly see them being part of the Antichrist's final government, but not the leaders of it, as many traditionally have believed over the centuries.[/quote]

Exactly!!!
    "...For I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict, or resist...Luke 21:15"...I am looking for the remnant....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ashanti View Post
    I do not believe the "Babylon" spoken of in scripture is a literal place but a cultural one. A place which has taken on the society, views, and culture of the original Babylon, just like the "whore" is not an actual woman. It is all figurative..."Mystery Babylon"...
    That would present some problem with the fulfillment of Revelation 18. The people of the world see smoke rising from this location, it says that sea captains are able to see her burning, which means that this place is visible from the sea (which would fit perfectly with Dubai, come to think of it), plus there are prophecies in Isaiah and Jeremiah that are yet to be fulfilled that speak of this place being desolate and the "haunt of jackals". How can such prophecies be speaking of a culture and not a specific location?
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Literalist-Luke View Post
    That would present some problem with the fulfillment of Revelation 18. The people of the world see smoke rising from this location, it says that sea captains are able to see her burning, which means that this place is visible from the sea (which would fit perfectly with Dubai, come to think of it), plus there are prophecies in Isaiah and Jeremiah that are yet to be fulfilled that speak of this place being desolate and the "haunt of jackals". How can such prophecies be speaking of a culture and not a specific location?
    Oh, what I mean is I believe it is a literal place but not the same Babylon of old, I believe the place will have the same "spirit" [culture, sins, etc], as the Babylon of old.

I do not believe the "Babylon" spoken of in scripture is a literal place.
    I believe it is a literal place.
    So which one is it?
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Re: Babylon Under Construction?

this is an old post, but I think is important to make this comment. for what Ive investigating. I think is clear that they are building Dubain in image of the old babylon, as a 'modern' Babylon.

There are some pictures that prove this resemblance, first check how Babylon looked like in the past (theorically)

now look at how the gardens and citier looks in dubai:

and just dubai is still being builded, just check all the weird skycrapers they plan on building

and the Bible says babylon is a city on the sea, just amasing most of the cities in dubai are build over the water, all artificial islands, so maybe the city babylon in the revelations is a city yet doesnt exist?

What you all seem to forget is that the Beast and Babylon aren't buddies. Babylon rides the Beast, but in the end is destroyed by the ten horns of the Beast. These 10 nations form the power base of the Beast. If the Beast himself is the Mahdi as the thread originator seems to suggest, then Babylon either is too Muslim to accept the Mahdi, or not Muslim at all. Babylon is a real place and will be rich and will be like a rider on the Beast, but will finally be thrown off. This is a power struggle. Two different demonic forces fighting, but Babylon is devoured. I can see a capitalist city-state being Babylon, and so you could see Dubai. Does Dubai have 7 islands which could be likened to 7 hills? The UAE is made of 7 states, but these aren't hills. Is there any country that has 7 mountains in 7 separate regions? For instance Switzerland has 13 cantons originally.

I do think that people are doing their best at interpreting "Babylon"

We must keep in mind that we are illuminated readers of the bible and not inspired writers of the bible. The interpretations I see coming from these posts do fall in the category of eisegesis, and have no biblical support.
    When we find ourselves going off the pages of the bible and going into imagination or outside sources..we are entering a very dangerous place. We can't read the passages of the bible independently from the rest of the bible, based on the daily newspaper..private interpretations will occur.
    We don't want to enter an era of "Talmudic Christianity" In Yesteryear the beast was the Catholic Church, then it morphed into Communism and now some "Mahdi" and Islamic forces, this should be a clear red flag that something is dreadfully wrong. Using the same eisegesis I could identify the McDonalds restuarant chain as "Babylon".
    The bible is very clear on the identity of Babylon, but first we must clear our minds of paradigms and the pages of the bible will be revealed..

Actually, I have to disagree with you. We have to use our minds and look at the world around us and see does it fit with what the Bible says. It is right to look at the Catholic church, it is right to look at Communism, and Islam and anything else. The key though is to bring it to the light of scripture. Scripture doesn't exist in a void. It is sent out into the world to achieve God's purpose. Nothing wrong with imagination, but we need to continually be illuminated by the Bible and ask God's Spirit to inspire us. We are no different to the apostles and saints of the past if we have the Spirit of the Living God in us.

I would agree with you to the point that we should look at these and other institutions in light of the bible in reference to their worldview.
    To reference them in prophesy would be meaningless and speculative. This leads to eisegesis.
    There is a difference between us and the Apostles in regards to the bible, we are illuminated readers and they are inspired writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaite View Post
    I would agree with you to the point that we should look at these and other institutions in light of the bible in reference to their worldview.
    To reference them in prophesy would be meaningless and speculative. This leads to eisegesis.
    There is a difference between us and the Apostles in regards to the bible, we are illuminated readers and they are inspired writers.
    We may not be inspired writers, but we are inspired readers. We have the same Spirit of God in us that was in them. The prophecies of God were written that we would understand them and respond to them. The Jews failed to do so and paid for it. As Christians we must treasure every word of God and see how it applies to us today and for the future, that our witness may be complete. God is the God of yesterday, today and forever.

Absolutely we are as saved as the Apostles, and the same Spirit that dwelled in them dwells in us.
    We should dig in the depth of the bible and interpret the symbolism in light of scripture instead of looking for the symbol itself seperate from the bible.
    The mystery Babylon would not be a mystery if it was Babylon. The bible clearly identifies it very quickly in the Old Testament. A picture of Babylon is not relevant as the interpretive authority of the bible. When we go an extra step from the bible we now blurr the line of writer or reader of the bible.

Thread Information