cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: The return of Christ..what a glorious day that will be!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    14,650
    Blog Entries
    11

    The return of Christ..what a glorious day that will be!

    I think we need a good, positive, uplifting, joyous post on here regarding the end times for a change...

    So take a break, sit back and relax for a few minutes and just enjoy these video's on what we do have to look forward too!

    The New Jerusalem

    Unimagined Glory (Journey Through Heaven)

    Feel free to add your own too.


    God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    14,650
    Blog Entries
    11
    wow...you know this is kind of sad that no one wants to discuss the immense joy we will have when Christ returns...or post their own video they like on this subject.

    But I am not surprised either. People are drawn to the scary, the negative, the bad things they believe are coming instead of focusing on the 'prize' at the end of the race...this is why the news has more bad stories on it then good..if they only reported good things no one would watch...

    Why are we like that? Why are we drawn to and more interest in evil? Its more interesting to discuss the beast instead of Christ?
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

  3. #3

    Smile

    It is a beautiful piece of art yes I am excited and getting ready for his return. No matter what we are in god's hands and I cannot wait to see Jesus

  4. #4
    cwb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    I think we need a good, positive, uplifting, joyous post on here regarding the end times for a change...

    So take a break, sit back and relax for a few minutes and just enjoy these video's on what we do have to look forward too!

    The New Jerusalem

    Unimagined Glory (Journey Through Heaven)

    Feel free to add your own too.


    God bless
    Excellent videos. Thanks for posting those.

  5. #5
    cwb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow
    wow...you know this is kind of sad that no one wants to discuss the immense joy we will have when Christ returns...or post their own video they like on this subject.

    But I am not surprised either. People are drawn to the scary, the negative, the bad things they believe are coming instead of focusing on the 'prize' at the end of the race...this is why the news has more bad stories on it then good..if they only reported good things no one would watch...

    Why are we like that? Why are we drawn to and more interest in evil? Its more interesting to discuss the beast instead of Christ?

    It's interesting. I have quite a few times in this forum posted new threads trying to get folks to discuss the purpose of why God tells us about us being caught up to meet the lord in the air (the rapture).

    I Thess 4:18
    Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
    Verse 18 tells us God's reason for telling us about the rapture - to comfort one another with these words. It's interesting that threads I have started trying to get people to apply verse 18 have recieved maybe 3-4 posts, 8 at the most. Yet start a contentious thread about the timing of the rapture, that thread will get about 200 posts or more, at times 50 just in the first day. I have seen it happen that way many times.

  6. #6
    cwb Guest
    Here is a great verse of scripure concerning the return of Christ.


    Romans 8:18

    For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    This verse has been a blessings to me many times when going through rough times. Should I find myself in the great tribulation and I am still here I am sure I will be able to use this scripture to help me during that time. I will post more in this thread as I get time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    14,650
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by cwb View Post
    Here is a great verse of scripure concerning the return of Christ.


    Romans 8:18



    This verse has been a blessings to me many times when going through rough times. Should I find myself in the great tribulation and I am still here I am sure I will be able to use this scripture to help me during that time. I will post more in this thread as I get time.
    Thanks cwb those are some good scriptures. Thanks for showing an interest in this. I have tried to image what it will be like when He returns...usually beautiful sunsets with rays shooting out around clouds makes me think of it. Its going to be an awesome site for sure!

    aib It is a beautiful piece of art yes I am excited and getting ready for his return. No matter what we are in god's hands and I cannot wait to see Jesus
    Me either!

    God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    614
    If the LORD permits me to witness his return, I am looking forward to the sky being ripped open and Jesus coming down in glory.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    wow...you know this is kind of sad that no one wants to discuss the immense joy we will have when Christ returns...or post their own video they like on this subject.

    But I am not surprised either. People are drawn to the scary, the negative, the bad things they believe are coming instead of focusing on the 'prize' at the end of the race...this is why the news has more bad stories on it then good..if they only reported good things no one would watch...

    Why are we like that? Why are we drawn to and more interest in evil? Its more interesting to discuss the beast instead of Christ?
    Because unlike those videos, current events are based upon fact. Something that supposedly has not happened yet does not have the same "draw". Instead it takes on the realm of fantasy and speculation - IOW myth. Which is why I think preterism makes a valid point in seeing that the promises the evangelicals say is still future, have already taken place. To have a real hope it must be based on what Christ has accomplished for us. If the dead were raised in concert with the judgment that fell upon Jerusalem, then we have a real hope of being raised when death comes for us. This is what His first advent was about and it was what the OT saints of Israel were waiting for to come to us. Yet because we did not "see" it happen - though the prophecies about it were fulfilled; we say it didn't happen. It is no wonder to me that the churches seem unable to find much solace or joy in what they think has not yet occurred.
    Robin

    Truth is so obscure in these times and falsehood so established that, unless one loves the truth, he cannot know it. - Blaise Pascal
    And Jesus saith unto him [Thomas], I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
    Discernment is not needed in things that differ, but in things that appear to be the same. - Miles Sanford
    Those who compromise with Christís enemies may be reckoned with them. - C.H. Spurgeon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Puget Sound area, Washington
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Mograce2U View Post
    Because unlike those videos, current events are based upon fact. Something that supposedly has not happened yet does not have the same "draw". Instead it takes on the realm of fantasy and speculation - IOW myth. Which is why I think preterism makes a valid point in seeing that the promises the evangelicals say is still future, have already taken place. To have a real hope it must be based on what Christ has accomplished for us. If the dead were raised in concert with the judgment that fell upon Jerusalem, then we have a real hope of being raised when death comes for us. This is what His first advent was about and it was what the OT saints of Israel were waiting for to come to us. Yet because we did not "see" it happen - though the prophecies about it were fulfilled; we say it didn't happen. It is no wonder to me that the churches seem unable to find much solace or joy in what they think has not yet occurred.
    Shoot. You used the "p" word. I have pretty much dismissed that position, based on our resurrection being like Christ's, and therefore bodily. Now you've gone and stirred the waters. Oh, my head!
    Free indeed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    14,650
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mograce2U View Post
    Because unlike those videos, current events are based upon fact. Something that supposedly has not happened yet does not have the same "draw". Instead it takes on the realm of fantasy and speculation - IOW myth. Which is why I think preterism makes a valid point in seeing that the promises the evangelicals say is still future, have already taken place. To have a real hope it must be based on what Christ has accomplished for us. If the dead were raised in concert with the judgment that fell upon Jerusalem, then we have a real hope of being raised when death comes for us. This is what His first advent was about and it was what the OT saints of Israel were waiting for to come to us. Yet because we did not "see" it happen - though the prophecies about it were fulfilled; we say it didn't happen. It is no wonder to me that the churches seem unable to find much solace or joy in what they think has not yet occurred.
    uh?

    You totally lost me and I am partial preterism...I would be pretty..ok GREATLY disappointed...no even crush spiritual if I thought Christ wasn't going to return physically again. Considering this world is obviously still full of sin and that is something that is suppose to be done away with..I would feel pretty betrayed...

    I think the church have their hope in what Christ has done and has yet to do actually...

    Its not fantasy..its based on what the bible says...so I don't understand your post...sorry.

    God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

  12. #12
    BHS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    I think we need a good, positive, uplifting, joyous post on here regarding the end times for a change...

    So take a break, sit back and relax for a few minutes and just enjoy these video's on what we do have to look forward too!

    The New Jerusalem

    Unimagined Glory (Journey Through Heaven)

    Feel free to add your own too.


    God bless
    Thank you for your post. It is said in the scriptures -- comfort one another with these words --

    "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord." I Thess. 4:16-17

    I wanted to put an exclamation after that, but it wasn't in the text

    Blessings,
    BHS

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in my tent
    Posts
    375
    if i'm here when Jesus returns, down on my knees i will go!
    it will be great!, but at the same time i think it will be pretty scary!
    i know Jesus is going to be upset at the world that day! i forgot where in the bible it says, something about the day the LORD comes, along the lines of not wishing to be here for it, that it will be a bad day for the peoples of the earth.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    14,650
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by BHS View Post
    Thank you for your post. It is said in the scriptures -- comfort one another with these words --

    "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord." I Thess. 4:16-17

    I wanted to put an exclamation after that, but it wasn't in the text

    Blessings,
    BHS
    Amen. Comfort is the key word here...not terrify each other...

    paradiseinn if i'm here when Jesus returns, down on my knees i will go!
    it will be great!, but at the same time i think it will be pretty scary!
    i know Jesus is going to be upset at the world that day! i forgot where in the bible it says, something about the day the LORD comes, along the lines of not wishing to be here for it, that it will be a bad day for the peoples of the earth.
    That is why you need to be right with Him. Of course its going to be a fearsome experience...but not scary as in someone is about to really hurt you type of scary. There is a difference. I think when people see the purity of Christ it will cause many to feel fear or shame. I don't think any of us could help but have a flash of our failures go through our head in that moment but the focus should be we ARE forgiven. And will be received in love. When my son comes home from school I don't first think about what mistakes he has made in his lifetime..I am just happy to see him as he is!

    God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in my tent
    Posts
    375
    thank you moon!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •