cure-real

Thread: A story my story (testimony)

Thumbs up A story my story (testimony)

Hello Friends!!

Well below my experience, and as a little intro, it`ll be split in 2 parts: A) The Trouble B) The

Solution.

Let`s start:
    The Problem:

I was born in a Christian family and my parents taught me and instructed

me as child in God`s ways, and we used to go to the 7th Day Adventist church.

As I became adolecent 14-16 years old, I started to listen to the radio and then i dunno why i

liked that radio stations which played rock/metal/rap-core/ music, then in one of those radio

stations one song caught my attention, of a band called Slipknot, and as I`m spanish i didn`t

understand the lyrics but of this way little by little, step by step I went astray, and here`s when I

acquired some pernicious habits, practices/customs.

Now here is where I can quote some verses of the book of Titus: For I also was..sometimes foolish,

disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and

hating one another. Titus 3:3.

But I kept going to church yet, so it was like Laodicea (as described in the book of Revelation) you

know what i mean, wanted to be with God and in worldlines. (As the young ruler)

Then once once of my aunts invited me to go to mexico and when I was there, then a day (it was in

vacation time) we went to some music store and I bought a CD from Slipknot and i knew my parents

wouldn`t let me get that CD home so i made some arrangements to get it home stealthy you know.

So I got home and I dunno how but they caught me and then as a rebel I tried to get it by other means

with guys from the highschool and so on.

After a while, I don`t remember well but I think it was in vacation time, my granny invited me and my

brother and sister to go for a week I guess to her house, and we went and one day we went to the mall

and she (granny) asked us if we would want something for she didn`t give us Christmass gift so.

Then you can imagine what did I ask... Some nice CDs guess, by that time we went to a music store

and my grand-ma bought some CDs for her-self and I chose one CD from Slipknot, and one of System of a

Down...

In addition i used to play first person shooter (fsp) video games, and kinda stuff as grand theft

auto, so i was a Christian just by name (a nominal)and by going to church but in the practical way, I

was a pagan or heathen, lost with out hope or God in the world, but thank God for our LORD

Jesuschrist who gives us the victory.

And after a while in such a life style and all its consequences, before, I wouldn`t have seen it in

this perspective but now I thank God He let me see it this way as it was in reality.

Such a continuous life of rebellion, against God and my parents, granted me to be left with no

protection by God`s side against whatever thing could happen to me. Let`s put it this way, as God

doesn`t force His presence where it is not wanted, then as consequence in a spiritual way I was

telling God, I don`t want you in my life, let me alone, living my life

Because one day I was coming back from school and a neighbor was entering in his/her car and opened

the garage and then a dog went out and I was passing by and It hurt me a lil bit, and once in the

hospital I got a few stitches.

And the last experience which showed me I was wrong was as follows: A night I was alone at home,

studying for a test and suddenly I heard as if someone was forcing the bolt/latch, then whatever i

was scared me and I hid myself.

Then I heard as though some people were whispering in the 2nd floor in my room, where i had all that

stuff my parents forbade me. And then it came to pass that I listened as if somebody threw something

of ceramic, it was very loud for me, from the 2nd to the 1st floor and then it was the last thing i

remember before it started to repeat with quivering lips the first verse which came to my mind.

If my memory fails me not, that verse was Joshua 1:9:

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:

for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

In that time, I remember i thought as a prayer I said God, if he would help me to get outta that

situation with life, then I would life for Him, you know.

And from that time on, i think now, the whispers went down and down, till my parents came, and i

heard the garage gate opening. Then running i unlocked the house door and went to my parents, and

told `em the story.

Then i went up and got all that stuff and CDs etc, and burned it with my family, and I don`t remember

well but i think, back then we prayed.

But after this experience, sure I didn`t or tried to avoid that music and stuff, but as i was yet a

slave of sin, i kept sinning and confessing, sinning and confessing (sometimes even that same sin,

and i didn`t get rid of it) so i was as the man of Romans chapter 7.

Once i tried yet to memorize the ten commandments, that when temptation would come then use the rote

but sometimes worked and other times didn`t. But after a while one with the help of our loving God

comes to realize that if the base ain`t Christ (the Rock) then we try to build in vain.

So as in Romans 7 is written:

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I

had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by

the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9 For

I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And

the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion

by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Then I realized I was in a predicament. 18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me;

but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the

evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but

sin that dwelleth in me. But thank God show us the trouble which hinder us to become Christ like and

it doesn`t end here, but He also ... will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may

be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13.

The Solution:

After some time and by some providence as the Lord uses to dealt with men, my parents

met a church sister who they didn`t see in a long time then she invited us to her house to share a

bit, and then my mom said her dear so & so did ya come to be reformed? (my mom said it kidding)

and she said yes with a smile in her face^^

So she began to tell us the gospel of Christ and that one need to born again as Nicodemus and the

apostles.

And that we needed God to give us His seed, and to take out of us Satan`s seed (which now I

understand was the slave master in me.)

Then She lent us some cassettes with the gospel and Thanks our kind and loving God here we are.

Eh, look in this part it fits nicely, the 2 part of the verses of Titus quoted a bit above: But

after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of

righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of

regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ

our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of

eternal life.

* (Excuse me if there was any grammar mistake, as I`m learning English yet.)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto

salvation..."[Salvation from what?.] -Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,

Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

______
    Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence

of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and

power, both now and ever. Amen.
    (Romans 1:16; John 8:34; Jude 1:24-25.)

Last edited by ƒσяєяυииєя; Oct 7th 2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: to accomodate!!

Thank you for sharing your testimony Sometimes it takes Him awhile to get our attention but once He does...amazing
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker of truth View Post
    Thank you for sharing your testimony Sometimes it takes Him awhile to get our attention but once He does...amazing
    Amen brother!!

Iwill second that.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left

Thank you for sharing your testimony with us. God is so good!

God bless.
    Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

Thank you, forerunner, for your story and testimony!

Let this serve as my last post.

Thumbsup

Thanks God

And thanks for your comments brethren

_________
    Be good

Blog Entries
    Always awesome to see God's hand at work.

Thanks for sharing with us Forerunner.

Blog Entries
    Great testimony forerunner!
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Thread Information