Does anybody know the meaning of The Morning Star as written in the bible?
I have included the verses referred to in the bible, and then some questions at the end of it.
Isaiah 14:12 refers to the Morning Star, Son of the Dawn.
In my NIV bible study notes, it says the word ‘morning star’ translates into lucifer in the latin vulgate bible.
(Isa 14:12) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! (13) You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. (14) I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (15) But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.
Isaiah 14:16-20 seems to refer to lucifer as a man here on earth.
(Isa 14:16) Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: "Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, (17) the man who made the world a desert, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?"
(18) All the kings of the nations lie in state, each in his own tomb. (19) But you are cast out of your tomb like a rejected branch; you are covered with the slain, with those pierced by the sword, those who descend to the stones of the pit. Like a corpse trampled underfoot,
(20) you will not join them in burial, for you have destroyed your land and killed your people. The offspring of the wicked will never be mentioned again.
In Revelation, 22:16, Jesus refers to himself as the Bright Morning Star.
(Rev 22:16) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."
My NIV study notes say to refer to numbers 24:17 (Regarding Rev 22:16)
(Num 24:17) "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a scepter will rise out of Israel. He will crush the foreheads of Moab, the skulls of all the sons of Sheth.
And Revelation 2:25-27 says:
(Rev 2:25) Only hold on to what you have until I come. (26) To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--(27) 'He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery' -- just as I have received authority from my Father. (28) I will also give him the morning star.
The only other reference to the Morning star is 2 Peter 1:19
(2 Pet 1:19) And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
My NIV study notes on (2 Peter 1:19) say this refers to the transfiguration?
1) If Isaiah 14:12 refers to the (morning star, son of the dawn) as lucifer who fell from the heavens, what does it mean in vs16 where it appears the verse is referring to lucifer as a man?
2) If morning star translates to lucifer, why does Jesus refer to himself as the morning star in Revelation 22:16?
3) What is Numbers 24:17, Revelation 2:25-27 referring to?
4) What is peter refering to in (2 Pet 1:19). My NIV study notes say it is related to the transfiguration, but I don’t understand it?