cure-real

View Poll Results: Are you invilved with Short Term Missions

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am involved with International short term missions

5 41.67%
  • I am not involved with International short term missions but will in the future.

2 16.67%
  • I am not involved with International short term missions and never will.

0 0%
  • I am involved with short term missions in the USA

1 8.33%
  • I am not involved with USA short term missions, but will in the future.

6 50.00%
  • I am not involved in the US and nor will I ever.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Short Term Missions

1. Short Term Missions

My wife, daughter and I are involved in short term mission trips to Uganda each year. I wondered how many others are involved in short term missions.

Blog Entries
    If I may ask....how did you and your family get involved in this, and what is the best way one can get involved in short-term missions. This is a dream of mine, and would really appreciate any advice. Thanks so much

3. Both my wife and I felt we were called to Africa. We did not where in Africa, when to go or how to go on a short term mission. I searched the internet and found nothing. One day I asked a co-worker if he had heard of any trips.
    "As a matter of fact" he said. "We just had a team in Uganda and they are speaking after church this Sunday. Come along".
    So, we did and we loved what we heard.
    I called the organization http://www.hope4kidsinternational.org and found out all about them and talked to tehh founder Tom Eggum.
    Our church missions board met (of which we are board members) and we made a pitch to the board about this org and Uganda. We wanted something that any church member, no matter their age could go. We also wanted to make a long term commitment in Africa.

Last year 49 people of our church made the trek to Tororo in Uganda via Kenya. The youngest was my 15 yo daughter and the eldest was a 93yo gentleman. It was a huge success. Before we got there we funded the buying of land in a village, building of a church, house for the Pastor, a medical clinic and the sinking of a water well. I have pictures up from last years trip here at the following link. www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/17036722

Our Pastors visited again last November and another 4 women visited February 08. My family and I travelled over with 4 others this past July. Pictures are here www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20131980

I am visiting again this coming November to participate in a men's ministry and inquire about setting up men's ministries in the village we sponser.

This has really changed our lives including my daughters.

Mark

4. Wow, I am surprised by the lack of responses on this poll.

I clicked I do no do short term mission trips, but will in the future. I would love to do mission trips time and time again, and when we have enough money I will absolutely go on some trips! I'm afraid that probably wont happen until I'm quite a bit older though since my husband and I will have small children when we have enough money to go on these trips. But hey, better late than never and that will give my future children the wonderful experience of missions.

I haven't yet done any short term mission trips, foreign or domestic, but I'm hoping to have that opportunity in the coming year.
    Man's ego is inflated, his laws are outdated, they don't apply no more
    You can't rely no more to be standing around waiting
    In the home of the brave, Jefferson turning over in his grave
    Fools glorifying themselves, trying to manipulate Satan
    And there's a slow, slow train coming up around the bend.

Blog Entries
    My son and I went out to South Africa on a mission trip this year, and it was wonderful to see what God is doing. If you check my albums you'll see the pictures of it.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

8. Here is a link to a video I made from last July's trip to Uganda. We are launching next years trip this Sunday and hence the video.
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-hTYjTG-A

Mark

9. Here is a link to my latest mission trip to Uganda. I am still currently travelling home to the US so I will post pictures later this week.
    http://www.seasideafricamission.org

Mark

Blog Entries
    Mark that is wonderful. You should post the missions information in another more visible forum like Maturing in Christ for more responses

Our church is entering into a sister church relationship with a church in S. Dakota. We will be sending teams out for short mission trips. I am excited about this opportunity. Plus I think it would be wonderful exposure for my children.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Thread Information