cure-real

Thread: Safe In No One's Arms

Blog Entries

Safe In No One's Arms

Hey guys, this the first poem I have posted. I'd love to hear what you think. It's about not letting people know who you really are.

Safe In No One's Arms

I never walk with bare feet
    because with people it's too real
    The sand is too between my toes
    And I don't like to feel

If beauty lies
    in beholder's eyes
    Then only they can make me ugly

In the dark the world is small
    Safer too, curled in a ball
    I wonder if they would love me?

To know would be too open
    To ask has so much danger
    To search for love could hurt too much
    I'll keep everyone a stranger

I wonder, could you love me?
    Could you make me lovely too?
    Is there someone, someones, out there,
    who could love me like you do?

In the darkness I'm not ugly
    In the silence I am safe
    You said, "Sister turn the light on,
    We will love you, just have faith."

No I have a choice
    and I make it day by day
    I let the hours slip by slowly
    Talking with nothing real to say

Copyright 2008.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

Hi Chimon - I think you wrote a good poem and you have talent, but, as a Christian, I cannot agree with the title of your poem. When a person has accepted Christ, you are always safe with Him. He will heal us from past hurts and rejection, etc.

Solomon warns us to 'guard our hearts'. Yes, we need to do that, but we should also not walk on eggshells and shie away from being ourselves for fear of rejection or whatever from others. If we are wise in whom we trust, it won't be dangerous. Some people will like us - others won't. Can't please everybody, and all that.

This is my honest opinion. Please forgive me if I misunderstood your message.

God bless.
    Last edited by paidforinfull; Oct 21st 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added a sentence.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"for in Him we live and move and have our being."Acts 17:28

1 Cor. 2:10 "but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God." (NIV).

Quote Originally Posted by Chimon View Post
    Hey guys, this the first poem I have posted. I'd love to hear what you think. It's about not letting people know who you really are.

Safe In No One's Arms

I never walk with bare feet
    because with people it's too real
    The sand is too between my toes
    And I don't like to feel

If beauty lies
    in beholder's eyes
    Then only they can make me ugly

In the dark the world is small
    Safer too, curled in a ball
    I wonder if they would love me?

To know would be too open
    To ask has so much danger
    To search for love could hurt too much
    I'll keep everyone a stranger

I wonder, could you love me?
    Could you make me lovely too?
    Is there someone, someones, out there,
    who could love me like you do?

In the darkness I'm not ugly
    In the silence I am safe
    You said, "Sister turn the light on,
    We will love you, just have faith."

No I have a choice
    and I make it day by day
    I let the hours slip by slowly
    Talking with nothing real to say

Copyright 2008.

I think it's a very beautiful poem. It makes us realize how frail we are as human beings, and how we can only depend on God ultimately within our lives. You know what's intersting is that I think this mode is what one has to get to in order to fully depend on God regarding everything they do in life. Trust not in man, trust in God and he will make all your paths straight. God bless you Chimon.

Stephen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paidforinfull View Post
    Hi Chimon - I think you wrote a good poem and you have talent, but, as a Christian, I cannot agree with the title of your poem. When a person has accepted Christ, you are always safe with Him. He will heal us from past hurts and rejection, etc.

Paid, I really appreciate your honest criticism. I do feel you might be missing the point, which, as the author, is my problem.

I am not suggesting the the attitude that the speaker takes is a healthy one, nor am I even suggesting that the speaker is a Christian. Just because I express an idea doesn't mean I am proposing that idea should be adopted. In fact, I think I am fairly critical of the attitude of keeping everyone out of your life that I expressed in the poem.

If you pay close attention, you will also notice that the speaker is female, and I umm, am not.

I hope that helps you understand it better, and thanks for your constructive criticism. I really am very thankful for it.
    "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chimon View Post
    Paid,

If you pay close attention, you will also notice that the speaker is female, and I umm, am not.
    True true . Looking forward to see more of your poems posted here.
    God bless.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"for in Him we live and move and have our being."Acts 17:28

1 Cor. 2:10 "but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God." (NIV).

Blog Entries
    Thank you guys so much for your comments and criticism. It's really helpful for me.

Thread Information