cure-real
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Give scriptural encouragement.

Acts 9:31

Acts 9:31 NIV
    Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace. It was strengthened; and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it grew in numbers, living in the fear of the Lord.

Like the early church we are still encouraged by the Holy Spirit as we grow in numbers living in the fear of the Lord. That is awesome to me and very encouraging!

God, grant us all the ministry of comfort and encouragement!
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Lamentations 3:21-23

21 Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness. (NIV)

This passage I find so comforting and encouraging especially the last line, "great is your faithfulness." which brings to mind the old hymn.."Great is Thy Faithfulness" which is based on that scripture.
    is heard in our land

New heavens and a new earth.

2 Peter 3:13

"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heavens and a new earth, the home of righteousness."

The words of the apostle Peter lift our hearts as we, like him, look forward to our eternal home.
    is heard in our land

Blog Entries
    ALL of the Psalms. Whichever Psalm you use depends on what type of encouragement is needed.
    Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Ps: 107:41

Here's a scripture which gives hope in our troubled times:

"But he lifted the needy out of their affliction and increased their families like flocks." (Psalm 107:41) NIV

[Lord, please..come to the assistance of those who suffer affliction. Help those who have lost their jobs and their homes.]
    Last edited by turtledove; Nov 22nd 2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
    is heard in our land

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldowl View Post
    2 Peter 3:13

"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heavens and a new earth, the home of righteousness."

The words of the apostle Peter lift our hearts as we, like him, look forward to our eternal home.
    Amen something wonderful is about to happen
    God Bless
    Randy
    And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Blog Entries
    Isaiah 61:1-3

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; 2To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, 3To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

Quote Originally Posted by ConqueredbyLove View Post
    Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Galatians 6:9-10

Galatians 6:9-10 (NIV) "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

[God, help me have perseverance in doing good even when I don't feel like it. Direct me to have the patience (which I sure need) to wait upon you for the results to come about. I know it is you working in me and in others on the behalf of those who need our ministry. Please give me an awareness of when these opportunites come so that I can be helpful, uplifting, and available...especially to those in your family. ]
    is heard in our land

This particular scripture really comforted me today:

"And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much ..." (Matthew 19:29) (NIV)

I remember when I first decided to teach in a remote mission school as a volunteer right out of college. My older brother and mother were very opposed; but I felt called to go despite their disapproval. That decision changed my life and, in time, my brother and mother, although not understanding why I would give up a good salary for this, ..accepted my decision. God is so good to have blessed me during (two years) and after that time and, to think, more is to come!
    is heard in our land

Matt. 28:20/ 1 Thess 1: 4-5

The words of Jesus from Matthew 28:20 bring encouragement and comfort to us:

" And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

And as the Spirit of God speaks through Paul: 1 Thess 1:4-5 (NIV)

" For we know, ..., that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction."

Smile John 1:14

This one encourages me any day but I especially want to share it as encouragement during this season:

"The Word (Jesus) became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

is heard in our land

Blog Entries

1 Peter 5:10-11

I love these verses...having recently understood ( a little better) how wonderful and powerful God's grace really is towards those who believe in Jesus.

And understanding the times and trials that many are facing or will face...also I have found out by experience (a little better anyway) how really powerful God's grace really is towards them that believe in Jesus Christ. These words help me to see that if I go through rough waters I am not out of God's will nor beyond His reach to help me and keep my soul.

But may the God of all grace,
    who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus,

after you have suffered a while,
    perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

To Him be the glory
    and
    the dominion
    forever and ever.
    Amen.

John 14:16 And I will pray Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;

Blog Entries
    Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you" - this is the Lord’s declaration “plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Quote Originally Posted by ConqueredbyLove View Post
    Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Luke 12:32 NIV

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32, NIV)

Wow, this scripture really encourages me and something I go to to remind me of God's greatest gift..the Lord Jesus Christ.

peace and blessings of the season and always
    is heard in our land

Thread Information