cure-real
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Give scriptural encouragement.

Blog Entries
    1Co 10:13 There isn't any temptation that you have experienced which is unusual for humans. God, who faithfully keeps his promises, will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist. But when you are tempted, he will also give you the ability to endure the temptation as your way of escape.
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    1Pe 5:10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.
    I needed to hear this today. Restore, Confirm, STRENGTHEN, and ESTABLISH you is SUCH a wonderful promise. Thank you Lord.
    I'm Sara
    "Jesus wept." John 11:35
    Praying for my sister Mieke.

Thumbsup Luke 6:38..on giving.

Justing saying thanks to all who share scriptures in this thread and how they have blessed you.

Please keep it up. Many who don't even post on our forum read them and are encouraged and comforted.

Comfort and encouragement is really not the counseling section of the forum. The purpose here is to share encouragement and comfort with one another by sharing scriptures, stories, poems, and items of inspiration.. and a very good way to do that is to share the scriptures on a daily basis. Some come who are looking for encouragement which is fine; but so often people come here because they want advice or counseling. Then I have to move them into the counseling section And some, like those of you on this thread..come not only to receive but to give to others. Thanks for giving...

Here is a scripture to encourage all of you givers here today.

Luke 6:38 "Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)

wiseoldowl C&E facilitator...
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Blog Entries

James 1:12

12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

Hebrews 11:8

"... Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." (Hebrews 11:8)

I find this scripture about Abraham comforting in that God promised to take him to a place where he would later receive his inheritance and that in obedience Abraham went. Of course the words which ring loudest to me are "..he did not know where he was going."

[Lord God of Abraham and my God..grant me the courage and discernment to see the light on my path..help me to go where you want me to go even though I don't always know just where that is. Help me to trust in the guidance of your Holy Spirit. ]
    is heard in our land

Blog Entries

psalm 86:5

For You, Lord, are good,

And ready to forgive;

Abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.

I have been fascinated by what is spoken of the Lord and His goodness in scripture...here we read: because the Lord is GOOD...He is ready to forgive.

Lord help us always to remember Your goodness...help us always to go to You with our sins...confessing them to You quickly, humbly, sincerely...knowing You are already "there" for us...ready to forgive.

Be Thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Ps 21:13

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners:
    the Lord fulfill all thy petitions.
    Ps 20:5

Blog Entries
    Thank you for this thread WOO I shared this one earlier on another thread but maybe here would be good too. I came across it in a little verse book someone gave me about a year ago. It's called "God's Promises for your every need". Sometimes it is easier for me to pick it up and look for my need in the list and go right to the verse. I am not well read enough in the bible yet to be able to find them there that easy.

Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10

Dear Father in heaven, thank you for giving me Your Word this a.m. when I needed it so desparatly. Thank you for Your kids that helped me through. Thank you most for your righteous right hand which I believe to be Jesus Praise you Father and grant me the wisdom to help others, as well as the willingness to say yes when you call me into service. In the precious name of Jesus, amen

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldowl View Post
    Some time ago one of our members here asked we share with him scriptures of comfort and encouragement. That thread has long been inactive so I thought it would be good to start a new one in which we take turns sharing with one another for our edification and blessing at least one of our favorite scriptures of Comfort and/or Encouragement. Follow with a prayer if you like.

I'll start with one of my favorites - one which does comfort and encourage me.

John 14:27 (Words of Jesus) "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

My prayer is: [Lord Jesus, thank you for the peace which the world does not give.]

Please share one of yours..more if you like and more than once on the thread if you feel so inclined.

wiseoldowl

Smile Isaiah 55:10-12

[For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
    So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
    For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.] (Isaiah 55:10-12) (KJV)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When God's Word goes forth it is as rain and snow and as seed and as bread to those who receive it..

God's Word is living and never void nor empty. It does accomplish what God wills.

I especially find it amazing to ponder the last verse(12) in the above quote from Isaiah..The hills are really alive with the 'sound of music' and this was written long before Rodgers and Hamerstein wrote theirs..Can't you just picture all of the trees of the field clapping their hands in the wind.

And we shall go out with joy and surely be led with peace.

1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

This is my favorite Scripture verse. To me, it says that if we give everything to God, He will take care of it, because He cares for us. How comforting that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy190 View Post
    1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

This is my favorite Scripture verse. To me, it says that if we give everything to God, He will take care of it, because He cares for us. How comforting that is!
    Yes, very comforting. Welcome to bibleforums, Rudy!
    is heard in our land

Phil 4:19 for 1/19/09

During these times of economic distress these words speak to me!

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19, RSV)

Blog Entries

May the Holy Spirit Strengthen You

Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead,
    that great Shepherd of the sheep,
    through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

make you complete in every good work to do His will,
    working in you what is well pleasing in His sight,
    to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

He 20-21

Be Thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Ps 21:13

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners:

Thumbsup For those who make peace...Matt. 5:9

Jesus has taught us: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God. (Matt 5:9, NIV)

So when we bring peace into a situation we are then blessed by God.

Encouraging words. Thanks be to God!
    is heard in our land

Blog Entries

Keeping Truth In Mind

Ephesians 6:12-13 (Amplified Bible)

12For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
    13Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].

Daniel 4:17 (Amplified Bible)

17This sentence is by the decree of the [heavenly] watchers and the decision is by the word of the holy ones, to the intent that the living may know that the Most High [God] rules the kingdom of mankind and gives it to whomever He will and sets over it the humblest and lowliest of men.(A)

Cross references:

1. Daniel 4:17 : Dan 2:21; 5:21

Daniel 4:34-35 (Amplified Bible)

34And at the end of the days [seven years], I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted up my eyes to heaven, and my understanding and the right use of my mind returned to me; and I blessed the Most High [God] and I praised and honored and glorified Him Who lives forever, Whose dominion is an everlasting dominion; and His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
    35And all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing. And He does according to His will in the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth, and none can stay His hand or say to Him, What are You doing?

It is good to remind ourselves of the invisible battle we face every day as Christians in a fallen world...and what we are to do about it...that is learn to put on the armor of God...not fleshly worldly armor.

I also cannot read enough or think enough of God's sovereignty over all the affairs of nations and men...He is reigning even now!!! AMEN!!!

Live links are to BibleGateway...

1 Peter 5:7

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
    1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)

This verse really spoke to me this morning. I know that no matter what this day brings I can cast all anxiety (and fear) on the rock who is Jesus Christ..because of His loving kindness and because He cares for me!

Encouraging scripture!
    is heard in our land

Thread Information