cure-real
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Give scriptural encouragement.

Proverbs 18:10

"The Name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." (Proverbs 18:10)

Lord, help me to seek this tower in which I am safe..the power of your Name. Jesus..Christ...Lord...Savior...King..

"The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Blog Entries

Life For The Believer Can Be Hard...

Amplified Bible (AMP)

View commentary related to this passage

7However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.
    8We are hedged in (pressed) on every side [troubled and oppressed in every way], but not cramped or crushed; we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair;
    9We are pursued (persecuted and hard driven), but not deserted [to stand alone]; we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed;
    10Always carrying about in the body the liability and exposure to the same putting to death that the Lord Jesus suffered, so that the [[a]resurrection] life of Jesus also may be shown forth by and in our bodies.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 4:10 Marvin Vincent, Word Studies.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation

Life can get very difficult for us as believers in the Gospel...knowing ourselves to be in the will of God "anyway"...in spite of problems gives us strength to face our particular circumstances.

I love Paul for saying he was not deserted...even though he may have felt that way and many of his "friends"...did leave him...still he knew he was not alone and he was living in God's will...not fearing to look weak in other men's eyes...but rejoicing that the power displayed in his life was from God...not himself.

Lord help us to step aside and let Your glory be the center of attention in our hearts and our will...truly... by Your grace and mercy.

Be Thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Ps 21:13

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners:
    the Lord fulfill all thy petitions.
    Ps 20:5

1 Peter 5:6,7 (NKJV)

Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6,7 (NKJV)

He cares!
    is heard in our land

Blog Entries

John 3:1-2

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

I thought these verses were good for the day before Valentine's day...they were in my Spurgeon devotional this morning.

All of us who are in Christ are children of God...Now...we are not orphans, we belong to Someone, we have a Father...a Father who wants us...we are accepted in the Beloved...He made us so by His grace, just because He wanted to...and who can argue with God???...

Lord I pray that Your children would be able to hear and receive this truth more and more ... cause it to bear much fruit in our lives...drawing us closer and closer to You in fellowship and giving us strength and joy to share You with others.

Be Thou exalted, Lord, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power. Ps 21:13

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners:

Lamentations 3:22-24, 32

This speaks for itself:

God is faithful.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compasions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'"

"Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love." (NIV)

is heard in our land

I Thessolonians 5:5b

"We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." (I Thessolonians 5:5b)

Yes, we belong to the light which is Christ, the one who shines in the darkness.

Thanks be to God!
    is heard in our land

Blog Entries

Psalm 138:7-8

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.

The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the work of Your hands.

It is very comforting to know...to believe...to expect the Lord's help when we are walking along in troubled times...in the dark, past human wisdom...He sees, He knows and He will revive us. It is best to wait for Him than run to alternative comforts that might make things worse in the long run.

After having spent most of the morning reading the verses posted here, I'll add some and pray you'll be as blessed as I have been! (all verses NASB)

Isaiah 25:

1O LORD, You are my God;
    I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name;
    For You have worked wonders,
    Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.

*sigh* perfectly faithful- that's our God!

9And it will be said in that day,
    "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us
    This is the LORD for whom we have waited;
    Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.

Isaiah 25:9...it's my life verse. I cannot even begin to count the things for which I have waited, and some things for which I continue to wait. But my Lord, who is perfectly faithful, will bring about "that day" and I will say those words again.

Bob Fitts did a wonderful song years ago called "He Will Save You". I cry every time I hear it...it reminds me of this verse and tells me who I serve!

Blog Entries
    This is a video on Matthew 6:22 (Psalm 103)

Wonderful music..this young man is oriental so the music is in another language. ...He lives in the UK does alot of video on the persecution of Christians in other countries.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

God's loving kindness :)

Sharing some scriptures on the kindness of God:

Psalm 31:21 KJV Chapter
    Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

Psalm 117:2 KJV Chapter
    For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalm 141:5a KJV
    Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head:

Isaiah 54:10 KJV
    For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

Thanks be to you, our loving God, for your everlasting kindness.
    is heard in our land

One I remember at work when attitudes are 'jumping'

God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble

James 4:6

Isaiah 55

8"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.
    9"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are My ways higher than your ways
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.

11So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
    It will not return to Me empty,
    Without accomplishing what I desire,

When I'm troubled about why things happen...God is in control
    9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

PRAYERS FOR MIEKE AND CHARLES

1 Thes. 5:11 Encourage one another!

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. 1Thes.5:11(RSV)
    is heard in our land

New heaven and new earth..2 Peter 2:13

This scripture really encouraged me this morning:

"But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." (2 Peter 2:13, NIV)
    is heard in our land

Blog Entries

1 Samuel 20-22

Samuel's encouragement to Israel after they asked for a king to rule over them:

And Samuel said to the people, "Do not fear. You have committed all this evil, yet do not turn aside from following the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart.

"And you must not turn aside, for then you would go after futile things which cannot profit or deliver, because they are futile.

"For the Lord will not abandon His people on account of His great name,
    because the Lord has been pleased to make you a people for Himself.

When the Lord is dealing with us...giving us the grace to realize our sins against Him, against others as well as ourselves...it can be overwhelming; but this is His mercy being poured out upon us...to help us repent and draw closer to Him. It is time to know how truly good He is and how truly dependant we are upon Him.

God will remember!

This encourages me as I trust in God's Word and promise.

I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. (Genesis 9:15, NIV)

is heard in our land

Thread Information