cure-real
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion of religious nonchristians?

What is your opinion of religious nonchristians?

I seem to see a lot of Christian view versus athiest view on this board and I'm curious about the Christian view versus Jewish or Muslim or other religious nonChristian view.

Personally, I'm Jewish. I believe in G-d and I believe I will go to Heaven. I also believe that the Christian God and the Jewish G-d are two different beings and that is the main reason I refuse to convert to Christianity even though I find some aspects of it appealing.

So. Your opinion? Also, please don't try to convert me, it's rude.

I appreciate any religious person who practices their faith in peace.
    θεοφιλε

I believe that any 'religion' is just self trying to earn it's way to heaven, and it doesn't work that way.
    I do respect other people, but I would be a liar if I said I respected other religions because I believe that is blasphemous to God. God Bless.
    Psalm 118:8 - "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."

Evangelist Smith Guest

my opinion of religious nonbelievers is this

that they would hear the truth of God's Word and be saved

I also have a couple of questions but first a statement

we are no longer under the law

It is stated in the Old Testament that when one sinned by disobeying any of the laws that they sacrificed animals to the Lord for forgiveness

In the Book of Lev.cant remember right off hand what chapter, it says without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins

in the New Testament it says the same

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission...Heb.9:22

so my question is, since we are no longer under the law and dont shed the blood of animals for forgiveness

how do u get your sins forgiven?

and may I ask since you wish to stay under the law , how many of those laws have you broken?

for if one would break one of the laws he is guilty of breaking them all

so those scriptures alone show that you are dead in sin because no one can keep the whole law without sinning

and that you have not placed your faith in the Saviour who did shed His blood for your sins

So how do u obtain forgiveness for your sins?

Im not trying to be mean or hateful or condemning just trying to understand how Jews who wish to stay under the law, get forgiveness for their sins..

Thank you and God bless
    Evang.dare

Christians believe they follow the same God as the Jews, Moslems believe they follow the same god as the jews. (Moslems seem to be the more accepting of that fact as it's mentioned a lot in the Koran)

Jews & Moslems follow just God the Father, they deny that God had a son.

Jesus, the Son of God is seen as the Saviour, and God the Father's sacrifice to attone for the sins of mankind.

I will tell you why I am not a Jew or a Moslem,....because I have experienced the power of Jesus Christ. Through prayer and walking his path that's how I experience him. Also in terms of spiritual battles I have used the Lord's Prayer to expel evil spirits from my room.

As you walk the path with Jesus and the Holy Spirit your eyes will be openned....you will also see who is a true Christian and who are wolves in sheep's clothing.

PHIL 2
    1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
    2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
    3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
    4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
    5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jewess View Post
    I have no problem with people peacefully expressing their various religious traditions, as Theophilus has already said. Mind you, as a Christian I've been tasked with making disciples of the nations... So... Can't promise we won't try to convert you.

I seem to see a lot of Christian view versus athiest view on this board and I'm curious about the Christian view versus Jewish or Muslim or other religious nonChristian view.
    Our view is that we desire that none would perish, but that all would come into a personal, salvational relationship with Messiah. Religion per se, makes one acceptable in the eyes of God in precisely the same manner as living in a garage makes one a car.

Jesus, in fulfilling the law and the prophets has opened the gates of heaven, a gift of God for all who will believe...and the difference between Christianity and all other religions is that Christianity is a relationship with the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. No longer is God outside and external...but close and personal to us.

Personally, I'm Jewish. I believe in G-d and I believe I will go to Heaven. I also believe that the Christian God and the Jewish G-d are two different beings and that is the main reason I refuse to convert to Christianity even though I find some aspects of it appealing.
    Let me ask you simply this: Have you ever really examined the prophecies in your own scripture to see if this Jesus is your Messiah?

Interesting thought here...Our New Testament states: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek [Gentile]."

He was your Messiah before He was our Savior....

We can't "convert" anybody!!! Conversion is God's work, not ours...all we can do is to proclaim that: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Shalom
    Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

I dont mind other religions, my friends are athiest, mormon, one jew and a few who just dont care.I only got 2 christian friends. Oh well there great friends .
    Last edited by Tanya~; Oct 24th 2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Remove "joke"

Blog Entries

I have a lot of respect for Jewish beliefs, compared with any other non Christian faith, since I know for a fact that Jesus was Jewish, and that the Tannukh was revealed by God. I feel very concerned for Muslims, because their Koran was (I believe) revealed by some devil, and it's an evil parody of both Christianity and Judaism - but while I can't stand that religion, I pray for and love Muslims.

Most other religions are even further from God's truth, because they don't acknowledge the truth that there is one God (we can talk about "trinity" another time... but for the record, Christians believe that God is One, just as Jews do... or at least Christians should. We comprehend that differently though.)

Regarding any desire to convert you... I agree that it is rude. I'll tell you what I believe to be the truth, but what you do with information is between you and God. Any human being who brags about converting another is decieving themselves, and are being "rude" not only to the individual they are boasting about, but to God.

The only Person who ever speaks to a human soul on such an intimate level as to affect conversion is God. And I believe that God has preserved the Jews as a nation for His purposes, which will gradually be revealed.

And yes, I do believe that Jesus is the Messiah of Israel, but I won't cram it down your throat.

All religions are wrong. There is only one Truth, and it's not a religion, it's a person.

Well, that's my view, for what it's worth.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Blog Entries
    Hi Jewess

I won't try to convert you because I know how offensive that is to you. As a Jew this is death. So if you are prompted to believe it will not be because anyone of us forced you. It will be your decision.

You are probable hearing many opinions being expressed on your question. As Christians we have the "Spirit of God" in us and those who have the spirit of God know that "God so loves the World". Since God so loves the world, He also loves you and I. This is the starting point that we must stand on

The second thing is that because God loves you and I, I also love you as His child. As a person you are loved. We accept you as a child of God who has come here to learn and ask questions. We applaud you and we welcome you here but we must ask that you red the forum rules so that we keep our discussion in the appropriate forums.

Judeo Chrstians agree that we serve the same God but it is in Jesus that we divide. Our Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah.

Is there anything else you want to discuss?
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries
    Christians believe in the G_d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob... One G_d, yet Elohim
    Fenris: "There are two ways to shoot an arrow into a bulls-eye You can shoot the arrow into the bulls-eye or you can shoot the arrow and paint the bulls-eye wherever it hits"

Romans 12:19 Don't seek revenge ... give place to God's wrath. For it is written "Vengeance belongs to me; I will repay, says the Lord"

Isa. 30:32
    And every blow of the rod of punishment, which the Lord will lay on him, will be with the music of tambourines and lyres; And in battles, brandishing weapons, He will fight them

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

What are you willing to die for? Now live for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelist Smith View Post

my opinion of religious nonbelievers is this

that they would hear the truth of God's Word and be saved

I also have a couple of questions but first a statement

we are no longer under the law

It is stated in the Old Testament that when one sinned by disobeying any of the laws that they sacrificed animals to the Lord for forgiveness

In the Book of Lev.cant remember right off hand what chapter, it says without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins

in the New Testament it says the same

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission...Heb.9:22

so my question is, since we are no longer under the law and dont shed the blood of animals for forgiveness

how do u get your sins forgiven?

and may I ask since you wish to stay under the law , how many of those laws have you broken?

for if one would break one of the laws he is guilty of breaking them all

so those scriptures alone show that you are dead in sin because no one can keep the whole law without sinning

and that you have not placed your faith in the Saviour who did shed His blood for your sins

So how do u obtain forgiveness for your sins?

Im not trying to be mean or hateful or condemning just trying to understand how Jews who wish to stay under the law, get forgiveness for their sins..

Thank you and God bless
    Evang.dare
    Now that we don't bring sacrifices, how do we atone for our sins?

by Rabbi Shalom Hazan

http://s9.addthis.com/button1-addthis.gif There is a widespread misconception that merely offering a sacrifices attained atonement for sin. As will become evident, this is not the true Jewish Torah-view.One who sins is commanded to repent and to confess his sin (Numbers 5:6-7). Those who are required to bring a sacrifice for their sin, must also confess their sin at that time (Leviticus 5:5). The requirement of repentance and confession also applies to anyone who receives punishment from a Jewish court of law (such as corporeal or capital punishment), as well as to any interpersonal sin, i.e. one committed by man against man (e.g. damaging a person or his property).
    the sin is not atoned until the person regrets his action, resolving never to repeat it and confesses his sin
    No matter the punishment or sacrifice, the sin is not atoned until the person regrets his action, resolving never to repeat it and confesses his sin. Only after these conditions are met, is the sacrifice accepted as an offering on the altar in the Temple, bringing an additional level of atonement. When there is no Temple, the only remedy for sins is Teshuvah. Teshuvah atones for all sins no matter how grave they may be. Even one who sinned his entire life and repented at the last moment is forgiven and his sins are not mentioned during the Day of Judgment (Ezekiel 33:12; Maimonides, Laws of Repentance 1:3).

from http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/2...-our-sins.html

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post

Jesus, in fulfilling the law and the prophets has opened the gates of heaven, a gift of God for all who will believe...and the difference between Christianity and all other religions is that Christianity is a relationship with the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. No longer is God outside and external...but close and personal to us.

Shalom
    The Jewish G-d isn't outside and external. I have a close and personal relationship with Him. I have prayed to G-d and had my prayer answered 5 minutes later. I have felt His presence during synagogue services. I and every other Jew has/have a covenant with G-d.

Quote Originally Posted by jesuslover1968 View Post
    I believe that any 'religion' is just self trying to earn it's way to heaven, and it doesn't work that way.
    I do respect other people, but I would be a liar if I said I respected other religions because I believe that is blasphemous to God. God Bless.
    Re your first statement: Does that include Christianity? Are you only Christian so you can get into heaven?

Re your second statement: Thank you for your honesty. I can't fault you for that as I feel the same way about your religion as you do about mine.

Thread Information