cure-real
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The woman who touched the robe of Jesus for healing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bella Vista, Arkansas
    Posts
    871

    The woman who touched the robe of Jesus for healing

    Why did Jesus say "who touched my robe?" I believe he knew, so why did he ask?

  2. #2
    Why do you believe He knew?

  3. #3
    Hello Catlover,


    I guess He knew, that someone touched Him with the true faith.

    And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,

    Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.

    And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

    And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.

    And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.

    And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace. Luke 8:43-48.


    According to that verse Jesus perceived that virtue was gone out of Him.

    Could be because He wanted to remark it into the story that It could help many people afterwards. As it is in the story of Mary:

    And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,

    And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.

    And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

    Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

    My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

    Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

    And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

    And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.
    Luke 7:37,38,44 - 48, 50.

    So the humble woman could also have gone quietly after she anointed Jesus, but Jesus saw a lesson hidden in that senario/situation.

    God bless you
    Stay healthy

    "Think white and get serious"


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southfield,MI
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    Why did Jesus say "who touched my robe?" I believe he knew, so why did he ask?
    HE FELT THE POWER OF GOD LEAVE HIS BODY!

    Its like the intensity of the anointing was 100%, then it just went down to 90% for a second. and He felt the power leave Him.
    Remember He was just like a human like me and you, He was not all knowing. He only knows what the Holy Spirit shows and tells Him.
    He looked around trying to find who touched him, Who pulled the power of God from Him.

    Luke 5:17 - "....who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick"

    Now because of her faith, the Power of the Lord went right where she needed it. To her disease!

    She also felt the power of God going through her body and she knew she was HEALED!
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In the presence of God
    Posts
    444
    Blog Entries
    1
    Even though Jesus knew who touched Him, He wanted her to admit to her faith in Him, and of who He was.

    Mark 5:33-35
    33 But the woman, fearing and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth. 34 And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace,

    Before we are cleansed of our sin we have to believe in who Jesus Christ is and why He came and we need to repent of our sin. He can then and only then cleanse us from our sin.

    I believe she knew who Christ was and had faith in her heart that jesus could cleanse her. She probably heard many of the stories going around about Jesus.
    John 8:31-32



    31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”


    Dizzy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    279
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladers View Post
    HE FELT THE POWER OF GOD LEAVE HIS BODY!
    Luke 5:17 - "....who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick" Now because of her faith, the Power of the Lord went right where she needed it. To her disease!
    She also felt the power of God going through her body and she knew she was HEALED!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIZZY View Post
    Even though Jesus knew who touched Him, He wanted her to admit to her faith in Him, and of who He was.
    I agree with both of these statements. Kudos for great explanations.
    I'm Sara
    "Jesus wept." John 11:35
    Praying for my sister Mieke.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Earth where evilness prevails during Last Days
    Posts
    248
    Blog Entries
    13

    According

    According to my pastor who had a friend bought an olden days outer garment for man from Israel which has tassels...explain about that verse to us. There were 12 of them...represent 12 tribe of Israel. The woman touch one of that...causing the LORD Jesus to lose power that time...and she was so brave so much faith...compare to us.
    Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu
    2 Timothy 3:16 Jehovah Jireh Matthew 6:33

  8. #8
    Emanate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi Kudo View Post
    According to my pastor who had a friend bought an olden days outer garment for man from Israel which has tassels...explain about that verse to us. There were 12 of them...represent 12 tribe of Israel. The woman touch one of that...causing the LORD Jesus to lose power that time...and she was so brave so much faith...compare to us.

    See my previous post on this matter

    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=144369

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladers View Post
    HE FELT THE POWER OF GOD LEAVE HIS BODY!

    Its like the intensity of the anointing was 100%, then it just went down to 90% for a second. and He felt the power leave Him.
    Remember He was just like a human like me and you, He was not all knowing. He only knows what the Holy Spirit shows and tells Him.
    He looked around trying to find who touched him, Who pulled the power of God from Him.

    Luke 5:17 - "....who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick"

    Now because of her faith, the Power of the Lord went right where she needed it. To her disease!

    She also felt the power of God going through her body and she knew she was HEALED!
    I agree, Bladers.
    Jesus limited Himself to our human nature and relied on the Holy Spirit to tell Him what the Father spoke.
    He was fully God and yet fully human, so He could qualify as paying the price for our sins.

    As for the 90% thing, I dunno - but He sensed that power had gone from/through Him, and He was not sure to whom it went.

    And Jesus said, "Who is the one who touched Me?" And while they were all denying it,
    Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing in on You."
    But Jesus said, "Someone did touch Me, for I was aware that power had gone out of Me."
    Luke 8:44,45

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,278
    I see no reason to believe that Jesus should have known who touched Him. As has been stated, Jesus humbled Himself in the form of a man, and He did not walk about in omniscience. He relied on the Holy Spirit to reveal to Him that sort of stuff.
    "What you do does not define who you are; it's who you are that defines what you do."

    -- Dr. Neil T. Anderson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •