cure-real

Thread: Verses about Running in the Bible?

Verses about Running in the Bible?

I'm going to be ordering a bracelet containing important information about myself to wear when I'm out running. In case something happens they can get my name and important phone numbers.

I have an extra line so I'm wanting to put a Bible verse that pertains to 'Running.'

So far I've found the following: (NLT)

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Hebrews 12:1 - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Can anyone think of any others?

Thank you.

TripleB

Diolectic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleB View Post

Thank you.

TripleB

Php 2:16
    Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
    Hab 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
    Mar 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
    Mar 9:15 And straightway all the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to him saluted him.

I'm going to be ordering a bracelet containing important information about myself to wear when I'm out running. In case something happens they can get my name and important phone numbers.

I have an extra line so I'm wanting to put a Bible verse that pertains to 'Running.'

So far I've found the following: (NLT)

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Hebrews 12:1 - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

Thank you.

TripleB
    That's a very good idea.

I looked up a few for you......

(NIV) Galatians 5:7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?

(NKJ) 1 Corinthians 9:26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.

(NIV) 2 John 1: 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

(NASB) Jeremiah 12:5 "If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out, Then how can you compete with horses?
    If you fall down in a land of peace,
    How will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?

(NKJ) Philippians 2:16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

I kind of like Galatians 5:7 and Jeremiah 12:5 and 1 Corinthians 9:26

Let us know what verse you choose.

Blessings
    The Journal of my grandson Nathaniel's courageous battle with cancer.........

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/input...nathanielemily

Revelation 21:4) And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

1 Kings 18:46

the power of the Lord came on Elijah; he fastened his clothes tight around his waist and ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

He outran horses for about 15 miles.

How about Luke 6:38

Give and it shall be given unto you good measure pressed down and shaken togeather and running over shall men give unto your bosom.

For with what measure you mete withal it shall be measured back to you.

Peace

Sam

Thread Information