cure-real
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name of Adam

Mysteryman Guest

Name of Adam

Throughout the Word of God, names are given which is associated with that paticular individual.

Jacob means - following after

Israel means - ruling with God

The word - Red - is the Hebrew word - "adam"

All of mankind is red, but lighter and darker shades of red.

Some people teach that there are "races", but this is false.

There are no "races", just nations and people all of the one man Adam.

Love IN Christ - M M

In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water
    Good point, the red comes from the color of blood which can be seen through the translucent skin. I agree there are no 'races' and it would be nice if we didn't think in terms of race. The external features that make us look different are superficial.

Acts 17:26-27
    26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us
    NKJV
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya

Blog Entries
    Red can also be the color of the dirt Adam was made from
    The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
    God plants in our hearts
    to remind us
    there are better things ahead.
    -Holley Gerth

Emanate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Throughout the Word of God, names are given which is associated with that paticular individual.

Jacob means - following after

Israel means - ruling with God

The word - Red - is the Hebrew word - "adam"

All of mankind is red, but lighter and darker shades of red.

Some people teach that there are "races", but this is false.

There are no "races", just nations and people all of the one man Adam.

Love IN Christ - M M

Adam is the Hebrew word for 'mankind, humanity'.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanate View Post
    Adam is the Hebrew word for 'mankind, humanity'.
    Adam was human...I thought he was an ape?

Mysteryman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ACCM View Post
    Red can also be the color of the dirt Adam was made from
    This is correct. God formed man out of the dust of the red earth. It is not written as such, but the word "red" is - "adam"

God created man in his own image - male and female in the "One" man Adam.

Our "likeness" means similar.

All of mankind comes from the one man Adam, and we are only shades of that red. Darker or lighter

An ape FriendofIam?

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    Genesis 1:26-28.

Could an ape have dominion over the fish of the sea...

Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

Quote Originally Posted by σяєяυииєя View Post
    An ape FriendofIam?

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26-28.

Could an ape have dominion over the fish of the sea...
    He could have still been a type of ape...couldn't have "make man in our image" just have meant create men from apes through the process of evolution?(sic)

I agree.

2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend of I AM View Post
    He could have still been a type of ape...couldn't have "make man in our image" just have meant create men from apes through the process of evolution?(sic)
    Scripture clearly says that man was made in God's image from the dust of the ground (not from a previously created animal of any kind).

Gen 2:7

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
    NKJV
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaP View Post
    Scripture clearly says that man was made in God's image from the dust of the ground (not from a previously created animal of any kind).

Gen 2:7

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
    NKJV
    Okay...so long as you got scripture to prove it. God bless,Stephen

Helo ѕтєρнєη,

Well another point could be, A&E they spoke with God, but apes/monkeys do not speak:

And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. Genesis 3:9-13.

Fareyewell
    Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

Lamplighter Guest

Talking

What about Sasquatch? Is he in the Bible?

I have never heard of Him [:

______
    ι тнιηк тнєяєσяє ι αм-

humanity, ground, blood and the name "Adam" in Hebrew

The Hebrew word "adam", as I understand it, is the word used for "human person" or "humanity" or "humankind" or "man" throughout the Tanach (OT, Old Testament). For instance when our translation of Genesis 1:26 says "Then God said let us make man in our own image" the Hebrew says "let us make "adam" in our own image. While there is a separate word for "male human being" (ish) that is occasionally used, generally, the word translated "man" in our Bible translations is always "adam". Thus this word sometimes refers to a particular person, Adam, and sometimes to humanity or humankind, or a human person in general.

The Hebrew word for "ground" is the word "adamah". Both humanity and the ground are thought of as ruddy, or reddish-brown, stuff. Both words, as I understand, are derived from the Hebrew word for blood "dam" (pronounced "dawm", roughly). The whole Genesis 2-4 narrative, IMO, becomes flooded with additional insight if you read it realizing that.

Thread Information