cure-real

Thread: Grand Master?

Blog Entries

Question Grand Master?

I know the 'title' funciton is built into the board software, but I wonder if anyone has considered if title 'Grand Master' is appropriate for a Christian Message board?

Thanks,

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Maybe a bit of clarification......

Ok, maybe I should be a bit more clear about why I am asking.

First, I wonder if Grand Master is a title a man ought to have. I do not see it in scripture (ok, I know neither is the word INTERNET) but I believe the title runs counter to the attitude of humility that Christ modeled for us.

Secondly, it is a title used by a terrorist organization. The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) uses the term interchangeably with Grand Wizard.

Finally, the title Grand Master is used by the Masons. I know there are some masonic apologists on this board, but even if you do not believe the masons are evil (I do) then at least the term is a mason one, not a Christian one.

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    The user titles are software defaults based on the number of posts one has. The title may be changed in the User CP very early in membership. If one has the "Grand Master" user title, it is because that person chose to not customize it, not that there is any relationship to Masons or Klan.
    Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Quote Originally Posted by Momof5 View Post
    The user titles are software defaults based on the number of posts one has. The title may be changed in the User CP very early in membership. If one has the "Grand Master" user title, it is because that person chose to not customize it, not that there is any relationship to Masons or Klan.
    I think Amos makes a good point. The very title is unfortunate and I would say unbiblical. Jesus said: “And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ” (V. 9-10). Surely the default could be changed to a more appropriate title.
    God bless,

Paul

Blog Entries
    I tried to change mine, but it wouldn't work. Mind you, I'm challenged when it comes to computers.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Blog Entries
    "Grand Master" is a very generic term. It is also used to describe the highest standard of chess players, for example.

If it bothers you change it.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof5 View Post
    Agreed. Mine still says that, because I can't think of anything that I want to use. I'm not very creative that way.

And the Grand Master does bother me. Maybe I'll just put in some .....

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    The Grand Master term is a default of the vBulletin software and it's for the "membership" that a person has... not the person himself. The software also gives such "members" the ability to change the title to whatever they want and then they can have something that can be personal.

I call myself a "Sword for the Lord - Ro13:4"

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

Blog Entries

Thumbs up I think Paul has the answer.

My original question asked if;

'Grand Master' is appropriate for a Christian Message board?

Quote Originally Posted by wpm View Post
    I think Amos makes a good point. The very title is unfortunate and I would say unbiblical. Jesus said: “And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ” (V. 9-10). Surely the default could be changed to a more appropriate title.
    I do not think there is a better reason then this. Thanks Paul.

Blog Entries
    It doesn't imply a master/servant relationship, it's just a title to denote that this person has some sort of seniority and experience on these boards.

The Bible reference refers to something completely different.

Like it was stated before, "Grand Master" is a pretty generic term...usually and quite simply referring to the highest rank achievable in something. I know a grand master in TaeKwonDo, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by wpm View Post
    Jesus is speaking of "master", meaning a master of other people. "Grand Master" refers to mastery over an art-form, skill, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by daughter View Post
    I tried to change mine, but it wouldn't work. Mind you, I'm challenged when it comes to computers.
    Click the "User CP" at the top of the page...Then look on the left sidebar, and click where it says "Edit Your Details"...Then scroll down to the second, center box where it says "Custom User Title" with a text box below it...Input your desired title, then scroll to the bottom and click the "Save Changes" button.
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.
    I know a couple of Master Chiefs that think they are Grand Masters!!!

I don't why some of you are making a fuss over this; it's nothing; i never felt it was wrong in the spirit.

Grand master means a high ranker poster here; and since that rank is related to posts; it's simply means your highest post ranker.

Still there are other grand masters poster; so its not so precise.
    So in a way its like a game.

Time we all moved on from this thanks.

Yours Peter
    Check out my video shorts if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NothingP

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJ View Post
    I don't why some of you are making a fuss over this; it's nothing; i never felt it was wrong in the spirit.

Grand master means a high ranker poster here; and since that rank is related to posts; it's simply means your highest post ranker.

Still there are other grand masters poster; so its not so precise.
    So in a way its like a game.

Time we all moved on from this thanks.

Yours Peter
    But I want to be a Grand Polls Meister too

Thanks Pete, ya pretty much said it straight... we can make the words mean anything we want I guess but when ya boil it down, it only means as a Grand Master... those with this rank post a WHOLE LOT!

You, however... are THE GRAND POLLS MEISTER!!!

~Limitations in a Christian’s life are due to limited prayer and limiting obedience~

~Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting that moment... it's all about freedom FROM that moment.~

~Your needs activate God's compassion and faith activates God's power~

...Thanks Slug funny
    Check out my video shorts if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NothingP

Thread Information