cure-real

Thread: Does Prayer Change Things?

Does Prayer Change Things?

2 Kings 20:1 & 5 (New King James Version)

1] In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the LORD: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’”

5] “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD.

Does Prayer Change Things?

The Lord who can not lie, told king Hezekiah that he was going to die. When the king got that bit of bad news, he sought the Lord with tears, begging for his life. God heard and answered, and gave Hezekiah 15 more years. However, during those 15 extra years, his son, Manasseh was born, and he turned out to be the most cruel and violent ruler that Judah ever had. Manasseh killed so many innocent people that their blood ran in the streets of Jerusalem. Maybe we should watch what we pray for and always ask "if it is Your will?" God knows best.

So, pray to the Father in Christ's name. Keep a log of your prayers and write down God's answer to your prayers. Try the Lord and see what great things He will do.

FOR TODAY: Don't underestimate the power of prayer in your life.

Learning submission to His will... again!
    what a blessing! so so so so true!

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed the scripture, and everything you wrote is true. I also believe that God hears our prayers. I have witnessed this in so many ways in my own life. The big question, I think, God is asking is: Will you trust ME!
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

If you ask anything in the Name of Jesus, If Its God will, Jesus will do it, Thanks for reminding me
    Come, Lord Jesus

I Have given them the glory that you gave me, That they may be one as we are one: I in Them And You In Me. May they be brought to complete unityto let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me -Lord Jesus: John 17:22,23

JESUS: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

Yes, yes a thousand times yes. Prayer works so often in my life, sometimes it's scary.

Prayer changes things, sometimes I just have to make sure I watch for the answers.

Every time I see this all I think is "YES!" lol. It's nice to keep seeing the title.

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE61 View Post
    Maybe we should watch what we pray for and always ask "if it is Your will?" God knows best.
    Would God answer a prayer that is not his will though? I don't think he would, wouldn't make any sense and is contrary to what prayer is about, isn't it?
    So since God answered the prayer of Hezekiah, it means it was God's will...even though bad things happened-those aren't necessarily his will if people made the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliana View Post
    Would God answer a prayer that is not his will though? I don't think he would, wouldn't make any sense and is contrary to what prayer is about, isn't it?
    So since God answered the prayer of Hezekiah, it means it was God's will...even though bad things happened-those aren't necessarily his will if people made the mistakes.
    he answers the prayer like it's a question. sometimes the answer is yes and sometimes it's no. and sometimes the yes doesn't seem like what you were looking for and sometimes the no is exactly what you meant....

Blog Entries
    Prayer changes ME.

Then God can use me to change things.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniHansen View Post
    Prayer changes ME.

Then God can use me to change things.

He doesn't do that with me it he wants it done in a hurry.

prayer does a lot of wonder in ones life..i have experienced this throughout my life...like for instance..recently my aunt who is such a pure soul had a celebral hemorage. and doctors said there was only 1 % hope...but we had 100% faith in GOD.all of us prayed with much faith. and my aunt herself had faith in GOD...like we all knew she became better and better..but the best part is no one will ever say or feel like she had a cerebral hemorage last year...by the grace of GOD she Looks PERFECT!!!!

I absolutely feel that it does Why I do it often!

Thread Information