cure-real

Thread: Do you like dead/dried flowers ???

Do you like dead/dried flowers ???

A couple of weeks ago I picked two little red roses from my garden, and I just left them, and left them and left them....and they've dried into really beautiful delicate "dead" roses. I won't throw them out because they still look perfect, but just delicate like paper and if I touched them they'd probably crumble.

Do any of you like flowers like that ?

Rocky

Blog Entries
    I love dried flowers. I've got a huge bunch hanging on the wall in my kitchen, some in a vase (the flowers from Oregano), and I still have a few roses from my wedding bouquet in a jar, that are now 30 years old and still look nice.

I usually dry them by hanging them upside down. That keeps the heads upright and you don't end up with one flat side.

I've heard you can spray them hairspray to sturdy them up a bit, but I really haven't had much trouble with them falling apart if I'm fairly careful. Usually it's the leaves that will fall off... more easily than the petals anyway.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrus...

All children left unattended will be given an espresso and a free puppy.

I think dried flowers are beautiful, especially pressed ones in bookmarks and greeting cards.

I still have the dried flowers in my wedding headdress from 7 years ago (picked from my garden, mainly red roses and gypsophila), along with the ears of wheat which I wove in. It hangs on the wall now as it's getting a little fragile.

Blog Entries
    I dry my hydrangeas every year and use them for my fall decorations. So pretty. They last a very long time.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Blog Entries
    I love dried flowers. Every summer I pick daisies, sit them in water that has food colouring in it, wait for the daisies to take on the colour.... and then hang them upside down to dry. Voila..... blue daisies.
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    I love dried flowers. Every summer I pick daisies, sit them in water that has food colouring in it, wait for the daisies to take on the colour.... and then hang them upside down to dry. Voila..... blue daisies.

what a good idea cc. I believe you can colour several different types of flowers with food colouring, including roses. :-)

Learning submission to His will... again!
    yup, i love 'em too! i keep every flower my husband ever gives me. some pressed, some dried, some are just petals in pretty vases...

I hate dried flowers, but I love pressed flowers. I think they keep their color better and actually look like they're still alive. Dried flowers make me feel like there's a dead person in the house.

To contradict that, i did have a few dried roses for a while and now i keep finding random rose petals in my stuff.

My grandma use to dry flowers, she would keep old thick phone books or catalogs and use them to dry them adn she'd make little craft projects with them.She was good, i wish I had her gene in art.
    <a href=http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j70/Elsie_2006/hysterical.gif target=_blank>http://i77.photobucket.com/ albums/j...hysterical.gif</a>

Thread Information