cure-real
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for baby Joseph

Blog Entries

Please pray for baby Joseph

I am asking for prayers for a family that was in my city over Thanksgiving to visit relatives when expectant Sarah began bleeding at 21 weeks and unable to make the return trip home. They have 2 young kids at home. There has been a prayer vigil for this family with people in Indiana and Alabama where they are from. On December 1st, Sarah was rushed back to the hospital as her water broke. Stew, Sarah's husband, who was back at work in Auburn drove all night in order to be with Sarah. Here is a link:

Please Pray for the Armstrong Family

As of December 18th she had still not delivered baby Joseph at 25 weeks, 4 days. Yesterday Sarah's health deteriorated and baby Joseph's heart rate became an issue. December 19th at 1:16 pm Joseph was born by emergency C-section. He arrived weighing 1 lb, 14 oz. His lungs are an issue because of the lack of amniotic fluid and he is fighting the ventilator. As of 10pm the 19th, he was stable but concerns are for his lung development and heart development, which look good but aren't working at 100%.

I do not know this family but have come to know them since this has occured. I have had communication with Stew as Sarah has been too ill. Stew is so in awe of how his Father has surrounded him with his brothers and sisters in Christ (most of whom he has never met) during this ordeal. He asks that everyone please pray for Joseph heart & lung funtion to improve and for Sarah to recover from the C-section and regain her health in order to return to her family.

Thank you all for being my family in Christ
    Last edited by Lynbob; Dec 20th 2008 at 06:27 PM.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Praying right now.

Lifting Joseph, mom Sarah, and dad Stew up before the Lord.

Just like to hear myself type

. . . . .

Blog Entries
    Bringing Stew,Sarah and Joseph before the Lord.
    Please keep us updated, thanks.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Learning submission to His will... again!

Prayer for Joseph and family outgoing!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for praying I will definitely keep you updated. Just wanted to share the email between Stew and I last night. This reminds me so much of my Alex's birth, 12 years ago on the 27th. We certainly have an awesome God. This family is totally amazed at the out pouring of love and support from their family in Christ:

Lynbob Grossman
    December 19 at 5:59pm

Stew, hang in there. I didn't see Alex for 6 hours and was really freaking out. When I did see him he had tubes and i.v.'s all kinds of scary medical things going on. We were not given much hope. But as you and I know our Father is a miracle worker and ALL THINGS are possible through Him. Sounds like Joseph is quite the fighter. More prayers now than before *hugs*

Oh, please take good care of Sarah. She will be hurting and feeling a separation and loss that is hard to explain unless you have had a baby. lol. Much love to you all *hugs*

Stew Armstrong
    December 19 at 10:27pm

we really appreciate your prayers. God's given us strength through this tough time and Joseph really needs them still until he becomes stable (particularly the 1st 4 days, the doctor says). i can't wait to see God's plan for him as he gets older. He's already touched so many people and has had a great purpose... and i think its only getting better.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    -Stew

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Blog Entries
    From Stew:

Update: He is stable and looking relatively good. Doc said he's huge for his age but he had a lot of distress in the womb which caused him to be behind with the heart, lung, etc. development. He also said its been a great 24 hrs, but it was a ROUGH first 6. He said to expect a crazy roller coaster ride with 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

So here are the prayer requests: 1) continued growth and bodily development with NO steps back 2) no brain bleeds (common in premies his age which are similar to a stroke). 3) Complete healing for Sarah. Thanks
    Thank you to everyone who is praying

Still praying....Sometimes I pray and duh forget to post but will keep this family in prayer
    The story of Job teaches us that the Devil has to be given permission to attack us. So if God is allowing the attack surely He's planning our victory. He would not allow us to be in a battle we could not win.! God looks for hand-picked people He can send into difficult environments, that He might be glorified. He makes all things "work together for good" (Ro 8:28) so don't be intimidated. Just keep your eyes open and see what God is up to!

I will keep them in prayer. God bless them.

Blog Entries
    Praying right now!
    Watch my videos
    Signs!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8AXCXED1HU

Jack Chick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Q9Uam0cWU

For though I am absent from you in body,I am present with you in spirit, and delight to see how orderly you are, and how firm your faith in Christ is.
    Colossians 2:5 . NIV

Blog Entries
    Joseph is still hanging in there. Please keep praying.

Here is a picture of him.
    See how big he is compared to his daddy's wedding ring on his foot and his cell phone:

Blog Entries
    Thank you to everyone praying for baby Joseph and his family. Quick update, Joseph has had a few minor brain bleeds but is ok, they are still asking for prayers in reference to this danger. He is a good size and doing well considering. They have posted a video on the Facebook site that shows Momma holding Joseph for the first time Christmas Eve. You can see how he responds to Momma's voice

Thank you Lord for this miracle and precious life
    Last edited by Lynbob; Dec 26th 2008 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Praying for baby Joseph and the family
    Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
    Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
    http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

That's great news for Christmas, and we will continue to watch and pray for Joseph and his family.

Just like to hear myself type

Thread Information