cure-real

Thread: Need help on whats considered sinning!

Help Need help on whats considered sinning!

Hi all im new here, anyways im wondering how bad of a sinner i am and i am very frightened about hell. are these things considered sins and if so how bad? -I masterbate everyday -I swear repeatedly for emphasis -Im rude and a jerk -I imagine the hot girls at my school in sexual manners -I have also not attended church in over 7 years any help is greatly appreciated, god bless!

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherzenilove View Post
    Hi all im new here, anyways im wondering how bad of a sinner i am and i am very frightened about hell. are these things considered sins and if so how bad? -I masterbate everyday -I swear repeatedly for emphasis -Im rude and a jerk -I imagine the hot girls at my school in sexual manners -I have also not attended church in over 7 years any help is greatly appreciated, god bless!
    I don't mean to sound rude or like a bad person but, you should be frightened, everyone should be frightened of hell. The thought of being in hell and away from God for all eternity should frighten everyone.

As for how bad of a sinner you are, I can't tell you definitively how much of sinner you are, that's for God alone to decide. But, I can give you my opinion. IMO, all of these acts are very sinful, not good at all. These sorts of things pull us away from God which is not what He wants. I believe He wants us all to be as good a Christian as we can be by trying to be like Jesus. Once again, this is my opinion.

Oh and by the way, WELCOME! I hope you find all the answers you are looking for here.

Zach

EDIT: I almost forgot to give my advice . Here it is: 1) STOP mastubating, I know it will be hard, but you most definitely have to stop. 2) Don't swear as much, it would be best for you to stop completely, but after you've done it a lot for a long time, I know it's just kind of a reaction. 3) Try to think of everyone as Jesus would, think sexual thoughts about people is only gonna hinder your atempt to quit masturbating. 4) Obviously my last attempt at advice is to start going back to church. And there it is, hope it helped.

How bad of a sinner you are is how bad of a sinner Jesus knows you are, which is how bad of a sinner your concious tells God you are.

We are all bad enough to go to Hell. It's only through accepting Christ's offer and letting Him into your life that you can live the right way and be with Him.
    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

ChristianKnight Guest
    A lot of things are sins. You sin, and don't know it, You sin, and do know it. No one is sinless, and if they tell you they are, run away. lol jk, you don't have to run away, but I'd watch what you listen to cause they probably think they are a prophet of god or that they are a god.

Blog Entries
    I know you're aware of sin in your life -- you asked if what you do is sin. The answer is yes. We ALL sin. Sin is anything that takes us away from Christ. Here's the good news: Christ cleanses us of sin when we turn to Him, repent, and follow Him. He can help us overcome the sin that traps us.

So, I have a question or two for you. Your tag says "yes, I am a Christian". What does being a Christian mean to you? And can you tell us about how you came to know Jesus Christ?

I'm praying for you, and looking forward to seeing you post some more.
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

My advice would be: don't worry about Hell. Maybe that sounds strange, but I think that you could be the most straight-laced, well behaved person in the world, and if you were doing it for the wrong reasons, such as fear of punishment, it wouldn't mean a thing. You don't obey God's law because you're scared of Hell, you do it because you know He wants what is best from you and has advised you to keep away from dangerous, unhealthy behaviors that will hurt you in the end. Let's take a look at what you're doing and what the consequences are, okay? Masturbation is considered a sin according to the Bible. On the surface, it doesn't seem to hurt anybody, but stimulating yourself all the time will deprive you of the enjoyment of sex within a normal marriage. It can also really encourage you to think degrading, lustful thoughts about women -- you've already mentioned this -- and therefore deny you the possibility of meeting someone with whom you could have a real, meaningful and blessed relationship. Swearing seems mild as well, but not if you consider the way it makes others look down on you. Many people consider those who swear frequently to be unintelligent or not worthy of talking with. You're sending a message that you don't respect others and don't want to be respected either. How can that glorify God, or even yourself? Lusting after girls isn't abnormal, but it is wrong. You're not showing respect to your sisters in Christ when you picture them in those ways, and it also stunts your emotional growth and chance of forming solid relationships with women.

God doesn't tell us to flee from sin to spoil our time on earth. He tells us to because of the harm it causes us. Sins aren't arbitrary. There are reasons why they are sin, and the evidence is in the consequences. I'd suggest working on your relationship with God through prayer and Bible studies, and leave worries about punishment aside for now. It's getting to know God that matters.

repent and turn from your sins, all sin is bad, they are all just as bad as the other. I will mention that its not important to go to a building that americans call "church" but it is important to be around other brothers in the faith and to disciple the nations

Thread Information