cure-real

Thread: King Herod wanted to kill Jesus?

ChristianKnight Guest

King Herod wanted to kill Jesus?

Matthew Chapter 2, it says King Herod says Verse 8: "As soon as you find him, repot to me, so that I may go and worship him." but then a verse or two later it says in their dream they were warned he would kill them. Why does it all of a sudden change from him wanting to worship the child to kill him? That is confusing to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianKnight View Post
    Matthew Chapter 2, it says King Herod says Verse 8: "As soon as you find him, repot to me, so that I may go and worship him." but then a verse or two later it says in their dream they were warned he would kill them. Why does it all of a sudden change from him wanting to worship the child to kill him? That is confusing to me.
    I think the conext is, Herod TOLD them he wanted to worship him.... but was lying to them.

When the men went out to search for Jesus, God revealed Herod's true intention, and warned them NOT to let Herod know where Jesus was.

Herod may have fooled the wise men.... but he didn't foold God.

Make sense?
    Hebrews 11:1 Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Meike & I have the same birthday! Na-na na, na-na!!!

ChristianKnight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by markdrums View Post
    I think the conext is, Herod TOLD them he wanted to worship him.... but was lying to them.

When the men went out to search for Jesus, God revealed Herod's true intention, and warned them NOT to let Herod know where Jesus was.

Herod may have fooled the wise men.... but he didn't foold God.

Make sense?
    Ya, but it didn't say that, I kinda thought he might have been lying but just wanted to make sure.

Spank ya.

Blog Entries
    Matthew 2
    13Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him." 14So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt.
    15He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."
    16Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had determined from the magi. 17Then what had been spoken through Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled:
    18"A VOICE WAS HEARD IN RAMAH,
    WEEPING AND GREAT MOURNING,
    RACHEL WEEPING FOR HER CHILDREN;
    AND SHE REFUSED TO BE COMFORTED,
    BECAUSE THEY WERE NO MORE."

Notice the angel was sent to Joseph before Herod made the proclaimation to have all those under 2 killed. God knows the heart, and knew Herod's was set against a new king threatening his sovereignty. Herod was hoping the magi would simply come and tell him where Christ was to kill him, but God also fouled up that scheme of Herod's. Herod had no intention of going to worship Him.
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
    Not second or third, but first.
    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
    when He is the source of all hope,
    when His love is received and freely given,
    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
    will all other things be added unto to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianKnight View Post
    Clearly, Herod was lying to them in hope they would identify just who the Messiah was and make it easy for Herod to then kill him. Matt 2:12 says the wise men were warned in a dream not to return to Herod and honor his request. Therefore, they retuned to thier home by "another way" in disobedience to Herod. They accepted great risk in doing this because they knew they would incur Herod's wrath. Obvously God revealed to them (in the dream) that Herod didn't really want to worship Jesus but wanted to kill him.

Re: King Herod wanted to kill Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by thepenitent View Post
    Clearly, Herod was lying to them in hope they would identify just who the Messiah was and make it easy for Herod to then kill him. Matt 2:12 says the wise men were warned in a dream not to return to Herod and honor his request. Therefore, they retuned to thier home by "another way" in disobedience to Herod. They accepted great risk in doing this because they knew they would incur Herod's wrath. Obvously God revealed to them (in the dream) that Herod didn't really want to worship Jesus but wanted to kill him.
    I think Revelation 12:3 -7 speaks of this and also the end times. I could be wrong. What do you think?

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
    2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
    4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Blog Entries

After 3 and a half years......................

ALIVE. IT'S.......ALIVE!!!!!!!

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
    Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
    Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Herod was just a tool.

Exo 1:15 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah:
    Exo 1:1 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.

Same thing occurred at Moses birth. The Pentateuch had not been written yet (Moses wrote it). Satan knew there was to come a Saviour born of a woman, did he at this time think possibly that this could be the Messiah? He took no chances, but God's purpose stands.

Thread Information