cure-real

Thread: Salted By Fire

Blog Entries

Salted By Fire

Recently, a lot of threads in this forum have dealt with the difficulties we go through as Christians. A few days ago, I was reading the Bible with my wife when we came across the following verse, found in Mark 9:49:

"For everyone will be salted with fire." (NASB)

Fire in the Bible is often a picture of purification, while salt is referred to in Matthew 5. In that chapter, Jesus calls us the salt of the earth, after which he reverberates the same statement found in Mark 9:50 - if salt loses its saltiness, with what will it be made salty again? What is it that makes us salty? Fire - difficult circumstances, trials and tribulations! I don't know about you, but I sure don't always like trials and tribulations. At the same time, when I come out on the other side of the valley, I often find it has brought me closer to God, changed me more into His image, increased my faith, and purified my heart.

As James 1:2-4 says:

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have {its} perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

How can I learn to trust God unless I encounter circumstances that are beyond my control? I personally had a situation with my visa recently where things were out of my control. The visa needed to come through on time for my wedding, but it seemed impossible from a human perspective. God came through, however, and that fire certainly taught me about who God is and that He can be trusted with every aspect of our lives.

I sometimes wonder whether one of the reasons we don't shine as brightly as we should is because we avoid difficult circumstances, we avoid becoming saltier. I just pray God gives us the courage to face the difficult circumstances, the trials and tribulations, and become that salt of the earth!
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Check out my new blog at pilgrimtozion.blogspot.com

Jesus taught that we would be "Salted by fire"... in the OT we have the 'refiners fire'...

Behold, I have 'refined' thee.. but not with silver and gold.. but in the 'furnace of affliction'..

I agree that 'fire'.. refines ... persecutions, tribulation, troubles, affliction, anguish... these all done ,that we have to fully 'trust' in Him 100 percent.. it takes out the 'me' and 'us' out of the the equation... and places trust in Him 100 percent.. He does this to reveal His great Love for you.. that He is totally Sovereign over all things.. He does this to reveal His Grace in your life.. His abundant Grace... and when we go thru these and pass thru them.. then we can 'comfort' and exhort others who are going thru the same things... I truly believe God Himself creates these circumstances... He wants you to grow. and to trust as a child would.. I don't believe they are man made.. Just look at the Book of Job to begin with.. wow... from my personal experience after He Saved me in 1994.. I left it all.. my good 5 figure job.. my personal relationship.. left all.. some said I was crazy or nuts.. in the process I basically had the shirt on my back and did not know where my next meal would come from... I learned to 'lean' on Him at all times.. and to trust.. I saw His Mercy and His Compassion poured out on me.. I saw Him move and work thru other people as He worked out His will for me in my life. I saw His Grace bestowed and I saw Him come against my enemies as I learned from Him and sat at His feet..
    and one thing that I can attest to and say is that His Love DOES NOT CHANGE for you based on your circumstances.. whether your rich or poor, full of faith or lacking faith.. He does not change.. whether your on top of the mountain or in the valley... He does not change.. nor does His love... I'll close with what Paul states... He was
    'convinced'.. this not by intellectual knowedge or schooling.. but thru what he went thru and experienced...in his calling..

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Many appear Righteous and Just because they say 'yes' to Jesus Christ , yet they don't do His Will.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Verily I say unto thee, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the Kingdom of Heaven before you do.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying. YEA, I have loved thee with an everlasting love; therefore with LOVINGKINDESS have I DRAWN THEE.
    Jeremiah 31:3

Blog Entries
    yeah, we need to 'step out of the boat', so to speak; and trust in God.

Thread Information