cure-real

Thread: Treasures in Heaven (Continued from are we all equal)

Treasures in Heaven (Continued from are we all equal)

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
    Just a reminder here:

Not directed at any single person, just a general reminder.

Let's all try to keep this on track and in line with the question asked by the OP in the first post...

Otherwise we'll end up going down a lot of rabbit trails...OK?

Thanks!

Your post (and of course the others') helped me a great deal in understanding.

And I enjoyed watching your effort to be a peace-maker, I am glad you were able to "teach" that to me.

One question I have for you (and others, stay on topic ) is:

What are these so-called rewards?? I always imagined going to Heaven and everyone is 'equal' there...perhaps we ARE equal, but why are we then gathering up treasures in Heaven??

What are these treasures? Does that mean in Heaven, there will be a few of us regretting for all of eternity that we didn't handle such-and-such situation better??

CL
    Matthew 27:55
    And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_lady View Post

Your post (and of course the others') helped me a great deal in understanding.

And I enjoyed watching your effort to be a peace-maker, I am glad you were able to "teach" that to me.

One question I have for you (and others, stay on topic ) is:

What are these so-called rewards?? I always imagined going to Heaven and everyone is 'equal' there...perhaps we ARE equal, but why are we then gathering up treasures in Heaven??

What are these treasures? Does that mean in Heaven, there will be a few of us regretting for all of eternity that we didn't handle such-and-such situation better??

CL
    My treasures are going to be the people who are there because of my labors here. My joy and my crown.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniHansen View Post
    My treasures are going to be the people who are there because of my labors here. My joy and my crown.
    Oh I see, you will see the people whom you told about Christ and they will be your treasure?
    And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him.

Learning submission to His will... again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veretax View Post
    he's right, spiritually we are equal, even though we are not all gifted the same, given the same talents, or even born the same. Every pot a potter makes is a bit different, and I believe it is this inequality that allows us to sharpen each other and grow more Christ Like. The matter of equality, Paul speaks a bit on it in 1 Corinthians 12. Not all are the ears or eyes of the body, some are noses, hands, arms, etc. All are uniquely different from another so while we are being conformed to the image of Christ, the Spirit within us gifts us uniquely as it/he wills.
    took the words out of mouth!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
    Isaiah 26:9

Blog Entries
    Oh I see, you will see the people whom you told about Christ and they will be your treasure?
    Yup, and those I've labored for in prayer and intercession and who came to the Lord as a result of that.

What other treasures could we think of when it comes to heaven, where gold is so common and cheap that the streets are supposedly paved with it?

I don't think the gold in Heaven was cheap....neither were the walls of the city...

I don't think the gold in Heaven was cheap....neither were the walls of the city...
    LOL , my Sis' doesnt miss much does she ? I doubt thats what Dani meant tho .

Streets of gold and walls ? are we talking about the Heaven of God's abode here or are we talking about New Jerusalem ?

Edit/ Oops hope I didnt de-rail , meant for it to be a related question with-in a question . \edit

Heaven is God's domain where the records of our Earthly deeds are kept. Our actual "rewards" are not in Heaven but will be given to us in eternity which will be spent on the new Earth God is going to create after He destroys this one. Read Rev.21. We do not know what those "rewards" will be. Scripture seems to indicate there will be levels of hierarchy in Eternity.
    In Him,
    Bob Allen

Quote Originally Posted by revrobor View Post
    Heaven is God's domain where the records of our Earthly deeds are kept. Our actual "rewards" are not in Heaven but will be given to us in eternity which will be spent on the new Earth God is going to create after He destroys this one. Read Rev.21. We do not know what those "rewards" will be. Scripture seems to indicate there will be levels of hierarchy in Eternity.

Rev: I read Revelations 21 and I'm not understanding where 'levels or hierarchy' are present. Unless you're talking about the 'kings of the nations'. (Rev.21:24)

It also seems you are arguing we do not go to 'Heaven' as many people think (when they lose their loved ones, etc.) but we spend our eternity on earth.

I have a question regarding that, if you don't mind. Jesus says the Father lives in Heaven. Jesus ascended into Heaven. One of the criminals on the cross beside Jesus believed Him and Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” Luke 23:43

My question is: Where did the two of them go when they died?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3;&version=50;

Rev: I read Revelations 21 and I'm not understanding where 'levels or hierarchy' are present. Unless you're talking about the 'kings of the nations'. (Rev.21:24)

It also seems you are arguing we do not go to 'Heaven' as many people think (when they lose their loved ones, etc.) but we spend our eternity on earth.

I have a question regarding that, if you don't mind. Jesus says the Father lives in Heaven. Jesus ascended into Heaven. One of the criminals on the cross beside Jesus believed Him and Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” Luke 23:43

My question is: Where did the two of them go when they died?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3;&version=50;
    The "...levels of hierarchy..." thing comes from other Scripture which I do not have in front of me at this time. If you wish I will attempt to research it for you. Heaven and Paradise are not the same place. There is no Scripture that tells us we will spend Eternity in Heaven (although there is one verse where Paul uses it euphemistically to refer to Eternity. Heaven is God's domain - "headquarters" so to speak - where He keeps the records, our "rewards" and where His throne is located. As Revelation points our eternal home will be on the new Earth. Paradise is the holding place of the righteous dead awaiting the Judgment day just as Hades is the holding place for the lost awaiting judgment. There are those who contend that because Jesus said "I go to prepare a place for you that where I am you may be also" and went to sit at the right hand of God in Heaven then our eternal home will be Heaven. However, Revelation 21 makes it clear that is not the case. The Bible nowhere says Jesus never leaves Heaven after that. There are many "urban legends" concerning what is to come that have cause much confusion and erroneous teachings. I encourage to appeal to God to show you the truth.
    In Him,
    Bob Allen

Quote Originally Posted by revrobor View Post
    The "...levels of hierarchy..." thing comes from other Scripture which I do not have in front of me at this time. If you wish I will attempt to research it for you. Heaven and Paradise are not the same place. There is no Scripture that tells us we will spend Eternity in Heaven (although there is one verse where Paul uses it euphemistically to refer to Eternity. Heaven is God's domain - "headquarters" so to speak - where He keeps the records, our "rewards" and where His throne is located. As Revelation points our eternal home will be on the new Earth. Paradise is the holding place of the righteous dead awaiting the Judgment day just as Hades is the holding place for the lost awaiting judgment. There are those who contend that because Jesus said "I go to prepare a place for you that where I am you may be also" and went to sit at the right hand of God in Heaven then our eternal home will be Heaven. However, Revelation 21 makes it clear that is not the case. The Bible nowhere says Jesus never leaves Heaven after that. There are many "urban legends" concerning what is to come that have cause much confusion and erroneous teachings. I encourage to appeal to God to show you the truth.
    Rev: I'm not understanding 100%. Does Jesus live in the Paradise with the saved souls? Does He travel back and forth between Paradise and Heaven?

Is Heaven a place only God and Jesus are "allowed" to live?

Rev: I'm not understanding 100%. Does Jesus live in the Paradise with the saved souls? Does He travel back and forth between Paradise and Heaven?

Is Heaven a place only God and Jesus are "allowed" to live?
    My guess is He travels back and forth. After the Judgment He will live on the New Earth with us traveling between there, the New Jerusalem and Heaven. Revelation says He will be the light of the world as there will be no sun. Really kinda mind-boggling Huh?
    In Him,
    Bob Allen

Blog Entries
    Hi folks,
    Let's try and keep this thread on the topic of Treasures and rewards. Where Jesus will or will not be, should be discussed in ETC.
    Thank You.

-Blessings

Thread Information