cure-real

Thread: I cannot wait to be married

I cannot wait to be married

A little under 5 months to go...

It is so frustrating to only see my fiance once every 3 days or so. Luckily, we'll normally spend the night at the other's parents house at least once a week, but I want to be around her even more!

Good Luck with your marriage.

How come you don't get to see her much?

Having been in your shoes a little over a year ago, I know this is easier said than done.. but slooooooooooooooow down. There's magic in these moments leading up to your wedding, so don't miss them while your eyes are fixed in the future.

Pay close attention to disagreements you have during the wedding planning. They're a hint at what other arguments will be like: inescapable, and highly emotionally invested. You can consider them "training arguments" in a sense.

Assign a "proxy" for each of you out of your bridesmaids and groomsmen. If stuff goes wrong on the day of the wedding, they take on the worry for you. Like when I forgot the programs my wife had slaved over for hours. My proxy ran out and got them and had them handed out seconds before the entrance. At my best man's wedding, guess who got to play seamstress when his tux button blew?

Things always take 5 - 15 minutes longer than expected, so don't program your wedding down to 15 minute intervals, unless you have a team of German engineers in labcoats, clipboards, and stopwatches as your wedding planners.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you the day goes by too fast. Just be there in the moment. This is why you don't plan things down to 15 minute intervals. Give yourself time between each activity to just take a breath and take it all in.

Blog Entries
    Also remember that it's highly likely that something won't go exactly as you planned it. You can hope that whatever it is will be a small thing, but remember what's most important in the day, namely standing before God with your bride-to-be and saying those magic words, "I do".

Oh yes, and don't forget to kiss the bride
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by TransformedSon View Post
    A little under 5 months to go...

It is so frustrating to only see my fiance once every 3 days or so. Luckily, we'll normally spend the night at the other's parents house at least once a week, but I want to be around her even more!
    I have a few items of advice that most won't give you. The "honeymoon period" try and make it last as long as you can. Once it's over then all you'll have is the memories. Also, make your walk with Christ as strong as you can make and keep it there. Trust me when the honeymoon period is over you'll need help keeping fixated on her. We men are subject to a lot of temptation. Good luck and don't keep a blind eye out there
    Proverbs 5:19
    Married Men ......it's biblical

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Having been in your shoes a little over a year ago, I know this is easier said than done.. but slooooooooooooooow down. There's magic in these moments leading up to your wedding, so don't miss them while your eyes are fixed in the future.

Pay close attention to disagreements you have during the wedding planning. They're a hint at what other arguments will be like: inescapable, and highly emotionally invested. You can consider them "training arguments" in a sense.

Assign a "proxy" for each of you out of your bridesmaids and groomsmen. If stuff goes wrong on the day of the wedding, they take on the worry for you. Like when I forgot the programs my wife had slaved over for hours. My proxy ran out and got them and had them handed out seconds before the entrance. At my best man's wedding, guess who got to play seamstress when his tux button blew?

Things always take 5 - 15 minutes longer than expected, so don't program your wedding down to 15 minute intervals, unless you have a team of German engineers in labcoats, clipboards, and stopwatches as your wedding planners.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you the day goes by too fast. Just be there in the moment. This is why you don't plan things down to 15 minute intervals. Give yourself time between each activity to just take a breath and take it all in.
    That's great advice, thank you!

I am just ready to be around her all the time. And as you know, there are other things I'm looking forward to as well.

I am trying to enjoy the engagement process, but honestly it seems so stupid to me. Why, after I make a commitment for the rest of my life to this girl, do I have to wait 6.5 months to marry her? I already know the answers, but it still eats at me, haha.

I am being a bit dramatic, it's not too hard to wait it out, I just can't wait to be married!

Quote Originally Posted by TransformedSon View Post
    I was on a different continent than my now wife during our engagement, feel privileged with seeing her every three days

It was healthy for avoiding temptation though

All the best
    Joe

"I trust a man eager to be married about as much as I trust a man eager to be elected." I love that quote, yet I forget who said it...

Just messing with you, good luck and have fun

Congratulations!

HisList said it best, make the most of the moment. You will never regret not over doing your wedding. Make the most of it for you and soon to be Mrs. TransformedSon. Stay within your means and have fun.
    God bless

I hear you brother!

I remember the excitement leading up to our day, thinking about setting up a home together, that kind of thing. It truely is a blessing once you reach the other side. Remember that it's only a short time to go till you can be around her every day. God willing, you will have a life time together. This will make the coming months seem like peanuts!
    Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Thread Information