cure-real

View Poll Results: Spiders and Insects Cry?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • Only when i killed them

0 0%
  • No

5 62.50%

Thread: Spiders and Insects Cry?

Spiders and Insects Cry?

Do big spiders and lots of insects realy cry in real life when you kill them?
    It's quite amazeing how they cry don't you think? Have you ever heard them cry before? Did they cry when you killed them?
    Check out my video shorts if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NothingP

Blog Entries
    That's why I gently carry them outside and release them into the wild.

Well, technically speaking, neither snakes nor spiders have tear ducts as we do, so...they do not cry.

I'm guessing what you are asking is if they express their physical pain vocally?

I have killed many insects (although I do like spiders and snakes), and do not recall hearing them make sounds. I have noticed them squirming and writhing in a certain way that would suggest they are feeling pain.

I do not remember seeing a snake die ( I like to catch them and I do have some pet snakes). The only sounds I have ever heard them make were hissing and wheezing (if they had a respiratory infection).

I have seen snakes and spiders and other insects die, and they certainly squirm and it upsets me to see it happen....but as far as pain goes...I'm not sure. It sure looked like the snakes were in pain.

I rarely kill anything besides flies and mosquitoes, other things I prefer to relocate outside, though there are some spiders...much to my husbands disgust...that I allow to live in the house.

I always feel dreadful when I have to kill something, or when I see other people, even my husband, killing things.

I love all creatures great and small.

Blog Entries
    They certainly suffer pain. They might not technically "weep", they don't have tear ducts, but they do endure pain.

I had the misfortune once of being in a laboratory where someone had been conducting experiments on arachnids. I won't describe them, because they're too disgusting, but the point of the experiment was to prove pain, and to record the levels of stress in the animals.

Interesting thing about spiders and flies. Brain cells have a kind of "scaffolding" which connects each brain cell to another, forming a net like pattern. In mammal's brain, that would include humans, our brain cells have only a few connections to other brain cells. That's why, comparatively speaking, our brains have to be larger than those of non mammals. Spiders, and insects have hundreds of connections radiating out from each brain cell, meaning that to all intents and purposes their brains are a hundred times more effective, for their size, than ours are. (Birds have a similar kind of structure... it makes up for how small the brain is, it's organized more effectively.) Obviously I'm not saying they're as clever as us, but they're certainly more sophisticated than sheer size would make us think.

A scientist in the nineteenth century came out against vivisection after he'd attempted to preserve a spider and her eggs in ethenol. In order not to distress the mother spider by killing her eggs first, he put her in the preservative first. A few hours later he put the eggs in. The "dead" mother promptly swam to the eggs and gathered them into her. That apparently shocked him. The spider had been alive and presumably conscious for a period of hours, and the first thing she thought was to protect her young.

I answered in the question above that yes they "cry." That was a bit simplistic. Obviously they don't cry.

But they are sentient, and they do suffer.

And I still have nightmares about those pain experiments.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

[QUOTE=faroutinmt;1952286

I'm guessing what you are asking is if they express their physical pain vocally?

.[/QUOTE]

Yes vocally? I always hear them making a vocally insect cry in films.
    I have always wondered if that was ture since they insects are realy big and dont dont sound like human cry.

Is it real how did they get the noise?
    Spiders have mouths so cant they make the noise?

Blog Entries
    Spiders don't vocalise... they breath very differently from us, and they don't have anything resembling a voice box. When they communicate with each other, they do so through means of scent and vibration (along webs and things) as though using morse code. But they don't utter noises that we would hear.

So they don't scream, they don't cry. They communicate through chemical scents, and vibrations that they pick up through their feet and exoskeletons.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

I was talking to my freind about this; shes a scientist and she said shes heard roaches screaming when they fall down cause someone sprayed bug spray on them.

Is it just them that scream or others to?

I've killed many insects in the house.. ie mosquitos, flies, spiders. I've even killed a moth here and there, but I do it quickly.

We had hundreds of ant piles around our yard, so hubby bought some chemicals and killed them. We had to do it, they would have overtaken the property.

Jeanne

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it". ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

"If we ever forget that we are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, then we will be a nation gone under" ~ Ronald Reagan

Thread Information