cure-real

Thread: The seventh year, 'the LORD'S release' ?

Partaker of Christ Guest

The seventh year, 'the LORD'S release' ?

Deu 15:1 At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release.
    Deu 15:2 And this is the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the LORD'S release.
    Deu 15:3 Of a foreigner thou mayest exact it again: but that which is thine with thy brother thine hand shall release;

Not sure how to ask this question:
    I may be way off here, but it is just a thought that I am pondering.

I am looking for help with understanding the seventh year, when all debts are cancelled, and the debtor, servant, slave is set free.

Could this act of grace symbolically fit, as God cancelling all debt, when we enter the seventh millennium?
    (I am not looking at some sort of universal salvation, as grace still has to be received)
    My thoughts are (something like) that the King will show this act of grace and mercy, to those in His Kingdom. Those not in His Kingdom, are not His debtors, servants, slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Partaker of Christ View Post
    Deu 15:1 At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release.
    Deu 15:2 And this is the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the LORD'S release.
    Deu 15:3 Of a foreigner thou mayest exact it again: but that which is thine with thy brother thine hand shall release;

Not sure how to ask this question:
    I may be way off here, but it is just a thought that I am pondering.

I am looking for help with understanding the seventh year, when all debts are cancelled, and the debtor, servant, slave is set free.

Could this act of grace symbolically fit, as God cancelling all debt, when we enter the seventh millennium?
    (I am not looking at some sort of universal salvation, as grace still has to be received)
    My thoughts are (something like) that the King will show this act of grace and mercy, to those in His Kingdom. Those not in His Kingdom, are not His debtors, servants, slaves.
    I believe that aswell. In the seventh year, God will set us free from sin. For six years we toiled and struggled with sin. The seventh will be a rest from it.

bennie

Emanate Guest
    I thought the law was obsolete?

Partaker of Christ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Emanate View Post
    I thought the law was obsolete?
    Have you nothing helpful to add?

The law and the prophets speak of Christ, who fulfilled the law don't they?

Blog Entries
    From my Defender's Bible by Dr Henry M Morris:
    every seven years. The seventh year, like the seventh day in the week, was invested with special significance by God in the economy of theocratic Israel. Not only would debtors be released from their debts, but the land itself be given a rest (Leviticus 25:1-7), and indentured Hebrew servants would be freed (Deuteronomy 15:12; also Exodus 21:2). As for as the seventh year debt release is concerned, this was done at the time of the annual feast of tabernacles (Deuteronomy 31:10).

Blog Entries
    Jesus said in Revelation 2 that the one that overcometh, He will give that one to rule over all nations with a rod of iron. I would think there will be unsaved as well as saved in the 7th millenium. I am also of the mind that the unsaved will be servants... hence the ruling with a rod of iron. I am also reminded of the parable Jesus told in Matthew 13 of the tares and the wheat. He said the tares (children of the devil) would remain among the wheat (children of the kingdom) until the tares are gathered to be burned.

Thread Information