cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I saw Jesus : ) (in my mind)

I met Jesus in my dream!

I was going through a bad place in my life and had backslidden. I was running from God, from what i knew was right. Luckily, i had a praying mother and father that was not about to let me drift too far. During this bad place i could always feel the conviction over me and knew where i needed to be but kept running.

On night i had a dream. I dreamt i was lost in the dark, in the woods with some friends. We didn't know where to go or what was going on. My friends (people i didn't even know), ran a different direction then me but i knew somehow they were going the wrong way. I kept running towards somewhere but knew i was going the right way. I finanly reached a place that looked liked a huge church. It was circle, extrememly tall and felt safe. I wondered to the front door, i opened it and the light was so bright and the feeling was incredible. An ordinary looking man was standing there to greet me. He took my hand and said, " hello Devon, please come in.". I felt so welcomed. He lead me down a large hallway into a large room.with shelves upon shelves of files with peoples names on them. He handed me a file with my name on it and walked me to another room that was the largest sanctuary i could ever imagine. Inside there were lines of people from the top of the sanctuary to the bottom, rows upon rows, everywhere you looked. In middle of all these people, at the very bottom I could barely make out a man sitting in a throne. When it was finanly my turn to walk up to him, I seen it was Jesus Christ. He looked like an ordinary man too. However, his face was so perfect and radiant. There was such peace. I reached out to hand him my file and he said, "Hello Devon, I have been expecting you." I started to weep and fell at his feet. At that point I woke up! It was awesome. I knew God was trying to shake me. I wound up at church that next sunday, quit doing street drugs and gave my heart back to God!

Blog Entries
    Since nobody knows what Jesus looks like, it's difficult to say what kind of vision you had, but I wouldn't take too much emphasis on his appearance. What I do know with absolute certainty is that he does not look like those paintings with long, brown hair and a beard. This was DaVinci's image of Christ and I'm very uncomfortable with his painting of the last supper.

Quote Originally Posted by techie4u View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this post.... just a bit of background. I was raised Catholic, I'm 29 years old about 5 years ago my husband and I started attending a nondenom church and since then have finally come into a relationship with Christ.

Anyways I had a very awesome experience last week in church. Our pastor had just finished his sermon and was basically giving his closing where he invites you to come up to the steps at the front of the church.

I was pretty focused on listening to what he had to say when all of a sudden I saw in my mind an image of Christ coming up kind of from the side and behind me and standing next to me putting his hand on the back of my left shoulder. It was as if it was in black and white and I couldn't really see his face just more that he had a long robe, a tad longer hair but I just new it was him.

It was really out of nowhere and didn't last but a moment but I can't even explain the comfort I felt.

Anyways praise God and thankyou : )
    Interesting.

Jesus does comfort us, surely the popular saying is true: Jesus is sweet.

God is love.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipscan View Post
    Since nobody knows what Jesus looks like, it's difficult to say what kind of vision you had, but I wouldn't take too much emphasis on his appearance. What I do know with absolute certainty is that he does not look like those paintings with long, brown hair and a beard. This was DaVinci's image of Christ and I'm very uncomfortable with his painting of the last supper.
    What matters is what someone looks like on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by peacebstill View Post
    I was going through a bad place in my life and had backslidden. I was running from God, from what i knew was right. Luckily, i had a praying mother and father that was not about to let me drift too far. During this bad place i could always feel the conviction over me and knew where i needed to be but kept running.

On night i had a dream. I dreamt i was lost in the dark, in the woods with some friends. We didn't know where to go or what was going on. My friends (people i didn't even know), ran a different direction then me but i knew somehow they were going the wrong way. I kept running towards somewhere but knew i was going the right way. I finanly reached a place that looked liked a huge church. It was circle, extrememly tall and felt safe. I wondered to the front door, i opened it and the light was so bright and the feeling was incredible. An ordinary looking man was standing there to greet me. He took my hand and said, " hello Devon, please come in.". I felt so welcomed. He lead me down a large hallway into a large room.with shelves upon shelves of files with peoples names on them. He handed me a file with my name on it and walked me to another room that was the largest sanctuary i could ever imagine. Inside there were lines of people from the top of the sanctuary to the bottom, rows upon rows, everywhere you looked. In middle of all these people, at the very bottom I could barely make out a man sitting in a throne. When it was finanly my turn to walk up to him, I seen it was Jesus Christ. He looked like an ordinary man too. However, his face was so perfect and radiant. There was such peace. I reached out to hand him my file and he said, "Hello Devon, I have been expecting you." I started to weep and fell at his feet. At that point I woke up! It was awesome. I knew God was trying to shake me. I wound up at church that next sunday, quit doing street drugs and gave my heart back to God!
    Wow, that is an awesome testimony.

Miracles do happen.

Sorry If I bump this, but I thought I'd just add a little of my own experience.

I haven't lived my life as a devoted Christian, but I'm very selfless and my intent is usually good. I have been troubled with something for quite a while and I usually break down and cry. I was confessing how I messed up and would do anything for a second chance, and I saw Jesus with my eyes closed. I've seen many things like numbers, etc with my eyes closed but I felt better right and stopped crying after I saw him, like as If he raised his healing hand.

I think It's amazing really, he looked a lot like the image below except he was looking down smiling.

Blog Entries
    That's not actually what Jesus looks like, but we'll all know one day. I find the DaVinci depiction offensive to us Christians, but I find Michelangelo's painting even more offensive than the last supper painting. A naked man with white hair and a beard? I can't imagine what he was thinking, but I can imagine that I'm not the only Christian who is deeply offended by his painting on the ceiling of the sistine chapel.

Thread Information