cure-real

Thread: Willing to change - moved from Intro

Willing to change - moved from Intro

24 February 2009
    I have a negative attitude to life in general.
    When I was a child I was continually reminded that I am not willing to give anything a go. My teachers in school used to say to my parents ‘Robert has many good qualities and skills but he is not willing to give life a go, he has set his mind to give up before he has started.’
    At some point in my young life, I made a decision to ‘not try anymore!’ I am not blaming anyone, my decision was made by me and at that point I had two options -
    1. Learn from this experience and move on.
    2. Focus on this experience and let it control my life.
    I chose decision #2.
    Every day that I wake up I have my plans for the day already written down in my mind [subconsciously.]
    I have only become aware of my behaviour in recent months and for all my life I have asked myself the question: why does my life not work?
    Well it sure is obvious to me now why my life does not work.
    I believe in God and I see Him as my creator and provider; I am not a religious person by any means but I read the Holy Scripture on a regular basis and just recently this scripture has JUMPED out at me. It is
    Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (New Living Translation)
    This passage is saying to me, ‘be willing to let go of your old way of thinking, and let God change your thoughts.’ I could be seen as a no hoper and it is all because I made a decision never to follow my dreams and goals. I only have myself to blame.
    So with Romans 12:2 in mind and God as my inspiration I, from this point in time make a decision to achieve what I set out to do.

Bobby,
    Hello and welcome! It's great to know God is working in your life.

Blog Entries
    G'day bobby2059.. Welcome to the BibleForums.. Wonderful place to be.. and even more wonderful that you have joined us..

Ummmmm Well Ummmm bobby, did you not already write here in the introduction?

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
    Daughter & Family
    Vickie & Ashley
    For ALL suffering with ALS
    Moonglow and Nate
    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
    Gary &Cleaveland
    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Welcome, good to have you here.
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Blog Entries
    Just to let you all know, I moved this from Intro over here so you guys can give each other more discussion and support.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum. Bobby, Good stuff for all of us.

"But Jesus said to them, "If you had faith, you could do the same thing I just did to that fig tree. If you truly believed, and didn't doubt that it would happen, you could say to a mountain, 'Move over there!' ... and
    that mountain would leap up and move at the sound of your voice!" "

Would a mountain really move? Why would we ask a mountain to move?
    The gist of this verse is not to show how powerful we could be, but to show how powerful God is, if we would just align ourselves with his will for our lives and submit to his authority in our lives, THEN we will see God's plan for us revealed.

I try to pray each morning that God will align my footsteps so I can achieve what He wants me to. Each day I am presented with new opporutnities to show Grace and mercy to others.

-Blessings

tt1106

Quote Originally Posted by bobby2059 View Post
    I have only become aware of my behaviour in recent months and for all my life I have asked myself the question: why does my life not work?
    Well it sure is obvious to me now why my life does not work.

Hi, bobby! Welcome to the boards

I agree that we need to be changed by renewing our mind. When you say your life dose not work, what do you mean? Maybe a, "for example" would be helpful.

The Antichrist will be taught and raised by the christian church. He will come from your own, not from the "outsiders". "Thus saith the Eternal, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house. . . ."

Blog Entries
    Welcome and Praise God...he knows those who are his and when that time comes he knows just how to get out attention. Praise God and again welcome!

See ya around
    I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
    My Rock & My Salvation
    Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
    Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

Blog Entries

Hello

Welcome Bobby!! It's wonderful that the Word of God revealed this truth to you....follow what the Word says. It won't steer ya wrong, but the world will!!!

God Bless
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Thread Information