cure-real

Thread: What is your definition of a Christ centered life?

What is your definition of a Christ centered life?

I'm a newb.. sorta struggling lately with how I'm feeling about my faith. I'd love to hear from some more mature Christians on what they feel a Christ centered life is... how do you live one? what is it like?

thank you for your time.

Blog Entries
    all i do is work, and do things relating to God, weather it be read this site and learn, read my bible, go to church, shelter, praying etc. ( i do have some hobbies)

it's hard, but is the most rewarding thing i've ever done. God must be number 1 in life. that's what i've learned.

Umm, I think a Christ-centered life is a life that is lived for Christ. For example, we are instructed to do our work heartily, as unto the Lord. Even if we are doing secular work, then, if we are working to please the Lord with it, then we are working for Christ. And when we play and enjoy stuff, we thank God for it.

Everything we do IS about Christ, and a Christ-centered life is someone who realizes that. Everything good is from God, and we thank Him and praise Him. When we are lonely, we can pray. When there is work to do, we do it for Him. When there is evil, we look to Him for comfort, and fight the evil with His power.

I dunno if that's too general an answer, but that's how I see it.

Blog Entries
    I would agree with the above comments.

I think a Christ-centered life is when every aspect of your life involves Christ, whether directly or indirectly, and our connection to the Lord is central to everything we do.....basically dictates our actions, and what we decide to do with our time.

Rejoicing for mama in Heaven although she's sorely missed but being changed by Daddy while talking to Him in dreams, while he showers me with blessings afterwards
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder4Christ View Post
    I would agree with the above comments.

I think a Christ-centered life is when every aspect of your life involves Christ, whether directly or indirectly, and our connection to the Lord is central to everything we do.....basically dictates our actions, and what we decide to do with our time.
    I agree with this too...... and would like to add that you love God first before everything else...... even before husbands, wives, parents or children.....

Love you,
    Mieke
    So come on, let Me dream, let Me dream for you
    I am strong when you're weak and I'll carry you
    So let go of your plan, be caught by My hand
    I'll show you what I can do
    When I dream for you
    I have a dream for you

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries
    I in Him and He in me.

It's not so much Christ-centered, as it is leaving the Head on the body and living and remaining in Him. I go where He goes, I do what He does, where He leads I follow. Mountain, valley, light, darkness, whatever, it's all the same to Him, and I'm completely fine as long as He is with me.

Like waking up in the morning going "I love You Jesus, what did You want to do today with the time You've given me and the breath You've given me and the life You've given me?"

It's an awareness that my place in Him is indeed real and that His place in me is indeed real and acting upon that awareness because nothing can separate me from Him.

I think we waste too much time "overcoming sin" or "trying to figure out God's will", and don't spend enough time walking in that freedom and enjoying the fact that He is already with us and in us, and focus on walking in the newness of that which He paid for with His own blood and life, and just operating out of that. Old things have passed away, I have been crucified with Him, all things have become new, and it is no longer I who live (trying to figure stuff out on my own) but Christ who lives in me.

I don't have silver or gold, and I'm nothing by myself. But what I do have, I give you. And His name is Jesus.

Be blessed today as you put Him on and walk in the Spirit knowing that He is forever with you and His grace is abundantly on you because you are His own.

Thread Information