cure-real
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever have nightmares?

I don't pay much attention to dreams. I like the good ones, the bad ones can't hurt me. Every once in a while a really bad one will cause some immediate fear. I rebuke satan, say a quick pray to my Father, and go back to sleep. I change the channel in my head and try not to replay the bad dreams. I have only felt that God has talked to me in a dream one time (at least that I can remember). It was to ease my mind about the death of a friend's 9 year old daughter. I have thanked him for allowing me some sweet ones. I am not sure if he authored them. About a year ago I had a dream in which I enjoyed a very small conversation and a bad cigar with my deceased Grandfather. It was so real, slightly humorous. I still cherish that dream as I write this. It was good so I thanked God when I woke up.

do you ever have nightmares

I have had dreams some so real that I have been scared to death for my stepdaugther she was going to her mom's house that weekend. But I thank God that nothing did happen besides her mom stealing her money from her. But I have dreams of my dad sitting and swinging with him and I tell him that I miss him and he tells that he know but I will be alright and I tell I know everything will be alright with God in my life and two weeks later we had some problems and that dream came back to me and I started crying and praying and praising God he have given me the dream letting me that it was going to be OK. But back to the nightmare I told my husband and we called another preacher and talked with him. He said it may be fear because of how her mom is and I was really worried about her going.

I have bad and violent and horrible dreams all the time. To the point that I wake up crying and my wife asks me what happened in my dream. But if I paid attention to them, I'd think I'd be certifiably insane.

Re: Do you ever have nightmares?

I thought I might share a dream I had last week.
    Since I was saved God had been helping me straighten out a lot of things in my life and in my past. The Holy spirit would convict me of something i would think about it and gain understanding of why certain things happened and then repent of it. Repentance and that kind of "looking upon things without fear" has made it easier to close certain doors where the enemy would love to come though again and again.
    Anyways, since I was "getting on the right track" I felt more "attacked". Satan would tempt me in certain circumstances with a "short cut" which would turn out to be a "dead end" until I learned to really pray about a lot of things and for God to show the true meaning and He surely did. Sometimes I felt God wasn't there, but it just meant I was so wound up in the "world" in sorrows fears and busy business that I couldn't see Him. That didn't mean He was not there.I love the quote I read("The Teacher is silent during the testing") "Never will I leave you nor forsake you" and that's the TRUTH And the closer you draw to Him the closer He draws near to you.
    Oh, I wanted to share a dream.
    I had fallen into a deep sleep of a catnap of sorts. The dream progressed throughout the regular.
    Then it got a bit obscure. I was at my friends house and she had left and so I went up to her bedroom to lay down in her bed to take a nap, which I have done in reality. An older woman walks in the bedroom and onward to the bathroom in a nightgown she seems hispanic. Then she proceeds to lay down and I think to myself :"OK???" I notice she is wearing a hospital gown with the back exposed.
    I decide i should get up from bed and she reaches onto my shoulder as to pull me back, but I say :"nah that's ok I am getting up".
    The dream switches. I am talking with a south american looking older man with dark black eyes olivebrown skin and a fedora hat, but he can't speak.
    A woman looking like a game warden approaches and asks me what is wrong with the man and I say:"He is mute"
    Somehow I suppose we gather together to pray and the woman stands to the left of me and the man stands to the right with his left hand stretched out and around my back, placing his hand sort of under my ribcage I suppose right under my right lung. I stretch my left hand out and the man joins with his right hand and the woman just stands next to me and has a hand stretched out infront of us aswell.
    So I start praying out loud :"Dear Lord...thank you", and I go on...when all of a sudden I feel very tinglish all over my body as if an energy or light is coming from within me but there is also a great light where our hands meet in front of me and it gets larger and larger. The people next to me seem nervous. I notice I cannot continue to speak the words will not come out of my mouth and I feel a bit nervous, but then I think to myself of a passage that says...where the perfect appears the imperfect(ok I need to look up where it says that, I am not very scriptural savvy) and so I don't quite worry about that i can't speak, because I say to myself the flesh is imperfect and so my words are as well. The light gets bigger and I see smiling faces in it and the energy and light seems to want to mix into mine, but sort of overtake me. Then I hear the man next to me mumble :The Devil!
    I freak out but I can't move and I can't speak out...the last thing that comes to my mind is a very faint thought....:Jesus
    Everything ceases and I wake up and am wide awake in my bed, but I still feel resudual energy and tingles all over and the dream felt SO REAL!

Why I am putting this up here I don't know, but then again I never really know why I do things, that is up for God to direct and determine it's purpose as He has determined all purpose.
    My intention as I am writing this is as an encouragement!!! JESUS SAVES! and HE has proven it to me, and I just want to share it. These are indeed crazy times, but no matter what God is still in control and Satan cannot touch His annointed, or should i rather say He can touch us in the flesh, like Job, but when Jesus and the Holy Spirit dwell within you, the greatest power here on earth has to flee, just by the mere littlest thought of Him!
    That dream was very scary and I know Spirits have a really fun time playing around with people unaware of it and the world uses those things to drive us away from God or to weaken our faith. Even the "elect" can be decieved...I think we are all "elect" we all have different gifts and they are given according to what God wants us to have for which ever moment. I have felt myself say things I had no understanding of, but it was something someone else needed to hear to turn their faith back on track, and I have heard people tell me something that had meaning to me only for them to say, they had no idea why they just said that. Then I tell them, because I needed to hear that to get back on track with God. God knows who will and who won't do His bidding and I had found myself a lot of times troubled because I knew in my heart He wanted me to do or say something but I didn't have the courage to. But even THEN! He knows and loves us so much and He understands.
    I am still growing in my faith and understanding and walking with Him is a pretty crazy ride to me, but I know my destination.

I totally understand when people lose heart and the assurance of their salvation, but if you have accepted Jesus in your heart, you cannot lose that salvation, and that's just where the trip begins and surely He will perfect the works He has begun in you and will bring them to completion. Just trust Him.
    And there I got carried away.
    Oh I suppose I got off track. A lot of times I would have dreams that would indicate my progress with God or give me hints about how to look at things.
    But no matter what we think we know or whatever goes on, the Bible is the essential to understanding what God does, how He works and looks out for us and shows us His great plan for us.
    So I defintely have to urge to read, and to read with purpose. Pray and talk with God and request insight on a problem that you have and then go to the Word and even things you have read over and over and have never understood before, when it is time for you to know and understand He will reveal it and don't be discouraged when something doesn't happen and you feel abandonned because you don't understand, it just means something else has to take place, either in the world for something to happen or something within you has to come to a certain place or maturity to be able to fully appreciate the things He does.

Anyways. I am just so greatful that He proves His love for us over and over and He really didn't have to. Longsuffering indeed. Very patient definitely.
    Last edited by JoshuasGal79; May 2nd 2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: wanted to add another thought

seated in Christ at the right hand of my Father

Quote Originally Posted by Equipped_4_Love View Post
    Amen to that!!! I know I need to continue strong in my prayer life, but I have just had so many distractions lately, although I know that's no excuse. I've felt God's conviction very strong..I know He is not pleased with my lack of prayer at this point.
    This is tangential, at best. Be encouraged to revisit your thinking re: His being displeased with your lack of prayer...He is always there, lovingly waiting for our attention. Don't let a dream, or anything else, stand between you and Him...because NOTHING can, unless you allow it. I pray you sleep well tonight.

blessings,

Watchman
    Sunset remembers Eden...sunrise prophesies its return.

Quote Originally Posted by Equipped_4_Love View Post
    Hey, you guys;

Last night, I had a rather disturbing dream, and it really frightened me, because it was as though I had literally seen the presence of evil -- The whole dream was creepy, but I remember one specific moment where I was absolutely terrified, and it was weird.

So, then, I guess I would consider it a nightmare. Do any of you experience nightmares still? If so, do you think that they happen when your walk with God is starting to drift? For the last couple of days, my prayer life has been a bit weak, and it's almost like I feel myself drifting -- then I have this weird dream. Haven't been that terrified of a dream in ages.

What's your take?!
    Please note..this is not indicating that you are a false prophet, only revealing the spirit that gives dreams not of the Lord. There are times the Lord does give these types of dreams for a reason, but it is each persons responsibility to make sure they are coming from the Lord and not a false spirit.

Chalam - cause to dream
    H2492
    חלם
    châlam
    khaw-lam'
    A primitive root; properly to bind firmly, that is, (by implication) to be (causatively to make) plump; also (through the figurative sense of dumbness) to dream: - (cause to) dream (-er), be in good liking, recover.

Deu 13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
    Deu 13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Bind the spirit of Chalam-giver of dreams before bed. Ask the Lord to give:

Ahab-love the Lord
    Halak-walk after the Lord
    Yare-fear the Lord
    Shamar-keep commandments
    Shama-obey/hear intelligently
    Abad-serve the Lord
    Dabaq-cling to the Lord
    padah-redeemed

There may be more things the Lord would have you pray. Look up the word in the Bible, and read through the chapters it is found in for a more complete picture of what you are dealing with.

Most of the created beings that will/desired or desired to be in disorder, they do their work at night, hence: nightmare.

Fear not nightmares anymore when they come to our sleep, because when we that trust in Christ Jesus when we need to sleep at night, Christ Jesus's light is our shade to sleep under....we sleep in light that way, guarded by His strength and Name.

Christ Jesus's light came from the same light that was shined to under God His Father's camp/cloud in Exodus, that light that shined from that camp/cloud of God was a torch at night to guard those who will camp under the light of God's camp/cloud.
    And that camp/cloud was also a shelter/shade or shade/protection during each day's heat and the sun's fiery scorch which brings sweat to man's brow.

I haven't read through this thread (I will later) but I will add this for now:

I haven't had a nightmare recently, but back in August 2011 and September 2011 I had two very lucid nightmares where I finally experienced what a lot of people have told me they have experienced: that is, a nightmare where they feel pressed down, and cannot move.

The first time it happened, I was scared beyond belief. After I shared it with a Christian friend, she recommended if it happens again to shout out JESUS!

So when my 2nd "press down unable to move initially" nightmare came in September 2011, I remembered my friend's words. I tried shouting out our King's name... but my voice came out as a muffle. And a stutter...

"J... J... Je... Je... Jes..."

finally...

"JESUS!"

And suddenly I woke up and I could move. It was surreal. I lived out the lyrics of the song "When I speak your name, demons flee." There is most definitely power in the name of Jesus.

As silly as this may sound, I find this to be a great evangelism tool. I often have non-Christian friends talk about their nightmares, and I have two very real experiences to share, and I'll throw in the Jesus tip. They're suddenly more open minded, as NO ONE likes the feeling of being pressed down in their bed, unable to move.

I believe if they shout Jesus during such a nightmare, even if they don't believe in Jesus, it will still work and they soon will believe

Now I'm not going to pray that they have a nightmare, lol, but it's nice to know that Jesus tip is in the back of their minds whereas, otherwise, they would never have Jesus on their mind.

When you enter the stage of your sleep when dreams occur your subconsious is most active. Next time you dream about something whether it is good or bad try applying it to something that may have recently happened. Lots of times you dreams about things that are buried deep down. When you start to relax they appear in dreams.

i recently found out I suffer from PTSD. When I was 11 my father was killed by a drunk driver. Every year around the time of his death I have horrid dreams about him. That he faked his death, he wants to kill me and so on. One reason for these dreams is I had no closure when he died. I never attended his funeral because it was so hard for me to see my father lying dead in a casket. I regret that now, but with prayer and relaxation exercises I am getting better.

Blog Entries

Forgive yourself !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyCoolUsername View Post
    When you enter the stage of your sleep when dreams occur your subconsious is most active. Next time you dream about something whether it is good or bad try applying it to something that may have recently happened. Lots of times you dreams about things that are buried deep down. When you start to relax they appear in dreams.

i recently found out I suffer from PTSD. When I was 11 my father was killed by a drunk driver. Every year around the time of his death I have horrid dreams about him. That he faked his death, he wants to kill me and so on. One reason for these dreams is I had no closure when he died. I never attended his funeral because it was so hard for me to see my father lying dead in a casket. I regret that now, but with prayer and relaxation exercises I am getting better.
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Forgive yourself !!!
    I HAVE!

Why do I want to salute you when I see you in the same thread with me?

P.S.
    I am gonna grow on you!!!!!!!!!! like mold
    you will learn to luv me.

Honestly, I have had a pretty "tragic" life, but God will never give me more than I can handle. I give my worries to him and ALWAYS thank him for blessing me. I am doing well, but I still struggle. For me, my struggles give me strength.

Blog Entries

I HAVE!

Why do I want to salute you when I see you in the same thread with me?

P.S.

Honestly, I have had a pretty "tragic" life, but God will never give me more than I can handle. I give my worries to him and ALWAYS thank him for blessing me. I am doing well, but I still struggle. For me, my struggles give me strength.
    Salute me? Huh?...grow on me like mold?....dear God. NO!
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Blog Entries

Yep that was pretty much my strategy too. Worked pretty well.

Blog Entries

Hush or no german black forest cake for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani H View Post
    Yep that was pretty much my strategy too. Worked pretty well.
    Amazzin

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Hush or no german black forest cake for you!
    Threaten a woman with chocolate. Cruel man. Just cruel.

Thread Information