cure-real

Thread: Jesus conversation with a non-believer

Jesus conversation with a non-believer

Question:

HOW do you start a conversation about Jesus with a non-believer?
    What do you say to them?

I mean, I know I'm supposed to let Jesus do the talking.........but I'm still unsure of MYSELF, and confused on how to start the conversation.
    Why are you looking for love
    Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
    To where will you go child
    Tell me where will you run
    To where will you run

Blog Entries
    You do the talking, and ask God to give you the words.

"I really don't know how to talk to this person, Lord, can You please show me what to say?"

It's not so much a "what would Jesus do?" situation but one of plugging yourself into what He is already doing, which is seeking and saving those who are lost.

Honestly, I used to have a hard time getting over fear of people and intimidation and whatnot, until I asked God to absolutely break me for those who don't know Him, and to allow me to feel how He does towards those who are blind to Him. When you have His compassion, then it's not difficult to go out and serve others in His name. One person sows the seed, another waters, and God provides the increase.

P.S. Don't make it so hard on yourself. Just ask God to open doors, and then walk through them. You may start out having a conversation with somebody about something totally unrelated, say, shoes, and end up talking about the Lord. Listen to what people have to say, and find out where they're truly at, and meet them there.

I see. Thanks for the answer.

I'm not a very bold person to people I don't know, so it's REALLY hard for me to talk to people about things, ESPECIALLY a conversation about Jesus.

How do I find people who need Jesus, when I don't get out much? I mean, I basically stay home 90-95% of the time. So how am I supposed to talk to people about Him, when I'm not around people?
    Why are you looking for love
    Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
    To where will you go child
    Tell me where will you run
    To where will you run

Blog Entries
    You always can pray. There's more ways to further the Kingdom than talking to people ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aliveinchrist View Post
    Question:

What do you say to them?

I mean, I know I'm supposed to let Jesus do the talking.........but I'm still unsure of MYSELF, and confused on how to start the conversation.
    I am of the mindset that when a person is ready and the Father is drawing them to Jesus then events will lead the conversation to a point where you have an obvious open door. Then give your testimony. This is what I wait for.I admit it's not the only correct technique but I have found it a reliable one. The conversation just flows into talking about Jesus without any sense of awkwardness at all.

Blessings

and Popcorn

"You can make the scriptures say whatever you want if you torture them long enough"

Hi everyone,

It is written one plants and another one waters but it is God that gives the increase another words we only have to plant seeds in some ones life or water seeds that have already been planted by another before us.
    1 Corinthians 3:6

The Holy Spirit leads us to help us meet the needs of people as it already knows what’s needed so all we have to do is mention Jesus in what ever capacity we feel is suitable and God will take care of the rest.

So just share what’s on or in your heart at the time and plant and water these seeds in the kingdom of God, a meek and quiet spirit is priceless in the sight of the Lord. 1 Peter 3:4

Peace

Sam

Sam, true and wise words....

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and exhorting one another with all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, all with grace 2 in your hearts to God.

A disgruntled church-goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained: “I've gone to church for thirty years now, and in that time I have heard something like three-thousand sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. I think I'm wasting my time and the Pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This began a major controversy which went on for weeks until someone wrote in this reply:

"I've been married for thirty years now. In that time my wife has cooked some three thousand meals. For the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this ... they all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work...”

Hmmm. So true. We need our spiritual nourishment to be able to do the work of the Lord effectively! Corporate worship, fellowship with our brothers and sisters and Godly counsel are a great means to get it!

Sam, God does not want us to isolate ourselves! He wants us to be in consistent fellowship with like minded believers, teaching and exhorting one another, singing psalms and spiritual hymns together! Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Heb.10-25)! There’s so much work to be done!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and exhorting one another with all wisdom, singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, all with grace 2 in your hearts to God.

A disgruntled church-goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained: “I've gone to church for thirty years now, and in that time I have heard something like three-thousand sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. I think I'm wasting my time and the Pastors are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all."

This began a major controversy which went on for weeks until someone wrote in this reply:

"I've been married for thirty years now. In that time my wife has cooked some three thousand meals. For the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. But I do know this ... they all nourished me and gave me the strength I needed to do my work...”

Hmmm. So true. We need our spiritual nourishment to be able to do the work of the Lord effectively! Corporate worship, fellowship with our brothers and sisters and Godly counsel are a great means to get it!

Sam, God does not want us to isolate ourselves! He wants us to be in consistent fellowship with like minded believers, teaching and exhorting one another, singing psalms and spiritual hymns together! Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Heb.10-25)! There’s so much work to be done!
    Hi Johnny,

Can you clarify the context of your encouragement?

Do you mean as a member on this board as I make contributions to topics or are you referring to something else.

Thanks

Sam

Sam

Sam, it is meant in a very positive way. I reveived the writing from Israel (Worthy Brief - George, Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
    Currently in
    Baltimore, MD) and wanted to put it in because it underlines what you have said that we should be light in a dark world. I added your name in the writing (My name was there, as it was send to me).

It was suppose to encourage you and anyone that reads it. If there were confusion, sorry, not meant to be.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the clarification now I understand.

Peace

Sam

Re: Jesus conversation with a non-believer

halo to everyone who reads
    but most of all to you jesus who i have the privalage of being able to talk to openly about anything that is troubling me and everything that is going on around me.
    jesus i speak to you first, because above all you make the differance to everyone,, when we are with you we are changed because of our mind is on you... a non believer does not have this power,,, they have their mind on the prince of darkness the power of the air. not the power of goodness and mercy... they cant change because their minds are on each other and off of you who can change us into what will last forever in your kingdom... my wisdom is from you alone,,, sometimes a person who is close to you makes mention of a fact about you... like joleen said to me, about this person who i maybe in love with will not have you to fall back on when our relationship ends... i have you jesus, i know when we are tempted like in love we fall in love with someone and if that someone does not know you or has never had the oppertunity to be changed or know that they wee changed due to your spirit of holyness, you make us worthy of eturnity.. your spirit takes away our crimson red sin and washes us white as snow... a clean slate, a new tablet to write a new order on... good work for the day and a great fruit to sew in a garden where weeds dont even know thats what they are,,, so as we try to over come they who are the weeds, and not be influenced by the weed maker,, we keep hoping for the day you send the angels who will remove these weed makers, so we see what we really are, and sin is no longer a temptation just you jesus who are the tree of life... in you grows all the good things we hope to be, we all long for the greatness of good fruit, trying to understand what is going on in a world of confusion and lies. gets very hard, but when we are able to get our minds off them and put our mind on you we know we are free, and everyone who has this ability to do this feels the change in their own heart, as it is written as a quote by you jesus matthew said of you in chapter 13 the enemy who sews them is the devil. the harvest is the end of the age and the harvesters are the angels... i know i was to pass out that angel with that statement because it is like a deb t collector he sends a notice or a phone call, before the dreadful they want your money... we all have a oppertunity to tell our side of the story to you, when you open us up on judgement day all will be revealed, who taught us what will be taken into consideration and why we did or did not do as you told us will also be there. love and hate all have a place to go.. the tree of death is satans kingdom all of his emotions of lies will be trashed, and only love the love you jesus have will remain.. not my wisdom but yours.. its preread in history of you, i talk to man but we bump our heads against each other, we want to school each other when the only school to really learn from is you, i am looking for a body who does not need to school the other, but allow the holy spirit to have its guiding light in us.. so good work is what we do and become. as they say if everyone has then everyone has enough, if everyone feels blessed then we have done your will on earth. bless and curse not, but when we know we are being cursed by they who claim to be your body... we must walk away. doing your will on the earth gets very hard, i found that to be so true.. i was not allowed to do your will, for my life or my childrens life, because man said i was bad, please jesus, help this awful situtaion satan has done, sometimes we become words and no actions because when we were actions man slamed us with words. like show off or you think your so good,,, but in response to them we say when we are with jesus in our mind yes we are good because jesus is good and the work we do is good work this is not me working its the work jesus does in me that makes the change about me... man hates that... and slams us again.... so we are stumbled in our faith and confusion steps in and takes over the conversatation. and we walk away from you and go back to the way man has programed us. oh well thank you jesus for the moments

Question:

What do you say to them?

See a person's need and meet it. It will remove your fear, open their ear, and give you an opportunity to share your testimony.

God will always give you an opportunity....He is more willing than we are for all to be saved and hear the truth.

Faithful

Question:

What do you say to them?

Before you ever start a conversation about Jesus with a non-believer, unless he/she is in a burning car or trapped beneath a rockslide and about to expire (i.e., dire situations), I recommend you become their friend. So often we want to witness to someone without having a relationship with them. Make yourself a friend...grow a relationship...and there will come a natural God moment when they've witnessed your life and want to ask you about it...or you'll be able to meet some need of theirs in a God-inspired way that will open the door for Jesus talk.
    θεοφιλε

Thread Information