Thread: Rev. 7 "all the angels stood" -so [Great trib] as no angels hold the winds

Rev. 7 "all the angels stood" -so [Great trib] as no angels hold the winds

Rev. 7 {Great trib} - "all the angels stood" - so nobody held winds back anymore
    Rev. 8 - the trumpet story there
    was actually seen in chapter 7.

when the winds blew
    and then all angels go stand before the throne

Rev. 7
    "...four angels standing on the four corners of the earth,
    holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow..."

"...a great multitude..."
    v11
    "And all the angels stood round about the throne..."
    [even the four that stood upon the earth - so nobody is still holding the winds back?]

In Rev. 8 - John sees angels that he saw earlier.

"the seven angels"

So we know that is not where John saw them first.

Consider the lingo that John used as to a great multitude/

of all nations
    kindreds
    people
    tongues

How would he know that if he had not seen such things as Rev. 13:7?

make war against the saints

power /over
    all kindreds
    tongues
    nations

all that dwell upon the earth

Rev. 7:14
    "...which came out of great tribulation..."

what? i am not sure you have written enough information for the rest of to have any idea what it is you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by one_lost_coin View Post
    what? i am not sure you have written enough information for the rest of to have any idea what it is you are trying to say.
    Hello

I see a problem with many today trying to have the trumpets sound after the 7th seal. Rev. 7 ends showing the great tribulation people are in the temple of God. But - when you head into Rev. 8 things go haywire, as if wiping out what just happened at the end of Rev. 7.

Rev. 8:2
    "And I saw the seven angels which stood before God..."
    I find this odd as in Rev. 7 all the angels stood round about the throne.
    We have Rev. 7 as starting out with four angels - that then become noted as "the four angels". They stand on the four corners of the earth and hold back the winds.

{KJV}
    Rev. 7:1
    "And after these things I saw..."
    /So this part is not to be linked to the end of Rev. 6.
    This is a new sequence of events.
    Begins with
    "...four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree."

When John see something for the first time, he notes them or it in a specific way.

Rev. 7:1
    "I saw four angels..."
    7:2
    "...saying to the four angels..."

Using this same pattern for Rev. 8:2
    "And I saw the seven angels..."
    This means John did not see them in Rev. 8 first.

Rev. 7 shows us the four angels must hold back the winds - as they stand on the earth. Ok, so by verse 11, when all the angels are found in heaven, that means those four angels weren't on earth holding back the winds. The great tribulation time came, and then John saw "a great multitude" in heaven. We are told this multitude is out of great tribulation.

So my problems here are many as to what some try to do - place the trumpets sounding after the 7th seal.
    I have to ask myself, if John is just telling us the trumpet story in Rev. 8 that took place in Rev. 7?
    John had the four angels as holding the winds back, but those angels had to be on the earth to do that. He moves to they were told not to hurt till the sealing part was done. He then notes hearing the numbers that were sealed. So the winds were let go - the great tribulation began and ended. Now with such a horrific tribulation time in Rev. 7, why would God start again with Rev. 8? He woudn't.

Also, Rev. 8 shows incense and all prayers of all saints are offered by an angel.
    What the the great multitude in Rev. 7 that were in the temple couldn't bring their own prayers to God?
    And incense time of Rev. 8 would have tossed all of the great tribulation mutlitude right back out of the temple again, as it is a time for when men are praying outside of the temple.

What we need to do is realize that Rev. 8:1 took place - the 7th seal was opened - then John saw the trumpet angels from chapter 7 and puts their story down as to what happened earlier. When we get to the end of the trumpet story, we find the message that we need to link us right to chapter 16.

Look at how the end of Rev. 11 will not fit with Rev. 12:1.

11:19a
    "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament..."
    just before men can enter the temple of Rev. 7
    {that ends the trumpet story being told}

11:19b (which links back to Rev. 8:2a)
    "...and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquke, and great hail."
    /earthquake and great hail
    /This shows the next set of judgments is about to begin.
    a set that will end with an earthquake and great hail

Rev. 16:1
    "And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels..."
    /to the Rev. 8:2 angels

"...Go your ways, and pour out the vials of God's wrath..."
    vs18-19
    "...a great earthquake....great hail..."

Consider the lingo that John used as to a great multitude/
    Rev. 7
    "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations..."

of all nations
    kindreds
    people
    tongues

How would John know that they were from every nation, unless he has seen the time of the beast?

How would he know that if he had not also been in chapters such as Rev. 13:7?

13:7
    "And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given to him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."

make war against the saints

power /over
    all kindreds
    tongues
    nations

all that dwell upon the earth

Rev. 7:14
    "...which came out of great tribulation..."

Ponder this?

Rev.7 has the four angels standing on the four corners of the erarth - then all angels stand back in heaven.

So none of the angels hold the four winds back - and they blew and caused destruction on the trees, sea, earth and came the great tribulation.

Now, - if the seven trumpets are to brng havoc on the sea and such - then that would mean John would have needed to see four angels stand again on the four corners and let the winds go.

Rev. 8 is where the 7th seal is opened.
    John saw again the seven angels
    and then skip to the end of Rev. 11 - where the next set of judments list goes out -as to lightnings and such - with great hail.
    then - head to Rev. 16:1.
    for it is time to start the vials of God''s wrath

Just as in Rev. 8 story of the already sounded trumpets - there was a list first as to lightnings and such - with an earthquake - and that lets us know how long the plague section will last.
    till - an earthquake

When the two witnesses rise, as foretold by the angel - but John didn't see it happen - it will be the hour of a great earthquake.

So tell me - what do you think happened when the winds weren't held back anymore by angels on earth?

four angels - enter into the book's overall story

then another angel speaks to the four angels and tells them -
    "Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed..."

So once the sealing job is done - and before those angels showed up in heaven - with "all the angels" what happened to the winds?

Didn't they blow on the earth -to hurt the sea and trees and such?

Then what is noted also in this chapter?
    "...These are they which came out of great tribulation..."

Thread Information