cure-real

Thread: Grocery sacker at the store...

Blog Entries

Grocery sacker at the store...

Everyday we run into people that lighten up our lives a little and he is one of those.

Whenever I go to Dillions he seems to be there cheerfully sacking groceries and taking the carts out to our cars, unloading the sacks all the while talking away about something. He seems to have an ongoing conversation about something every time and doesn't let the fact he isn't always talking to the same people cause him to stop talking or change the subject. So by the time he got to me I am in the 'middle' of his conversation... I just go with the flow. Today he was actually at another check out counter talking away about tattoos which I vaguely overheard, then ended up over by me to take my cart out.

He said he wanted to get a bulldog taboo on his chest but it was going to cost 130 dollars and then started figuring out loud how much money a tattoo artist could make... Even when we got separated in the parking lot between cars he didn't stop talking...lol. I would say something once in awhile like 'that is outrageous' on the prices...and 'gee I oughta look into doing that for a living'... And my last comment...'probably not too many people are getting tattoos right now...no one can afford them'. He didn't seem to notice that last comment as he was still figuring out the take home pay on doing five tattoos...lol.

I image as soon as he got back in the store he started where he left off with me to whoever was handy.

I just like him, I think he is neat. He has been there for years too and I am sure everyone is used to him staying on track with his conversations as he moves from one check out stand to another, taking people out and then coming back in...I doubt he ever misses a beat.

Just one of those rambling posts today...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Yup... people like that put me to shame. Not a day goes by where I don't worry about stuff that's going on at my job. Technical problems. Process problems. Political problems. Then there are people who don't have half the benefits my job provides me but they're happy as can be. God help me to stop being such a curmudgeon.

The guy who polishes my shoes is like this. The way he does it you'd think he was mining gold or something. I've never seen someone so happy to be doing something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Yup... people like that put me to shame. Not a day goes by where I don't worry about stuff that's going on at my job. Technical problems. Process problems. Political problems. Then there are people who don't have half the benefits my job provides me but they're happy as can be. God help me to stop being such a curmudgeon.

The guy who polishes my shoes is like this. The way he does it you'd think he was mining gold or something. I've never seen someone so happy to be doing something.
    Oh don't feel bad..I am like you I think... Tend to get wrapped up in 'things' and forget to enjoy the moment. I just love this guy though...he is always 'investigating something' then spends the work day telling everyone about it... Like I know he will never have the money to get his tattoo and I am sure he knows it but he just likes knowing things...then talking about it...

I am still trying to figure out though if he was the one that took a bath in cologne or if it was the sacker next to him! My gosh the odor was overpowering and the smell is all over the grocery sacks which is now on my hands! I don't think it was him though cause when he came over to get my cart I didn't smell it on him..but he must have gotten it on his hands then on my sacks and now onto me... And now all over the keyboard cause I didn't take time yet to wash it off.... Nate will come home after school and go to get on here and go, 'what is that smell?' lol.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    Moonglow, you made me smile.

There's a guy at the grocery store back home who may well be your buddy's twin brother .... he'll talk with anyone and everyone, and the conversation will be one long, flowing one, regardless of who you are or what you've heard so far..... most times, you just fall into the middle of it! Last time I was home, he started off with "So anyways, I took Molly to the vet and I know I already said that they had to give her a shot, but...." and off he rambled..... leaving ME to decide what kind of animal Molly was.

He's so happy to do his job. He just loves people..... he's entirely got the whole "making someone's day way better" thing RIGHT down to a science. I thank God for people like him. When I'm stressed out, they put everything in perspective!
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Moonglow, you made me smile.

There's a guy at the grocery store back home who may well be your buddy's twin brother .... he'll talk with anyone and everyone, and the conversation will be one long, flowing one, regardless of who you are or what you've heard so far..... most times, you just fall into the middle of it! Last time I was home, he started off with "So anyways, I took Molly to the vet and I know I already said that they had to give her a shot, but...." and off he rambled..... leaving ME to decide what kind of animal Molly was.

He's so happy to do his job. He just loves people..... he's entirely got the whole "making someone's day way better" thing RIGHT down to a science. I thank God for people like him. When I'm stressed out, they put everything in perspective!
    maybe they are related...

Blog Entries
    When I still worked in retail it was the opposite, I always had customers that I would know and enjoy seeing. I had a mentally challenged couple come in and would always be overjoyed to see me, the woman spoke in gibberish and I can make out one key word from her conversation once in a while, but I still laughed and attempted to comment on what she said, and the man always told me about his newest video games and dvds that he bought. There are so many others, but its nice when we are blessed by others in the workplace.

Live-Orlando, Fl. Spirit.-near Christ. Mental-out to lunch
    Blog Entries
    I remember very fondly a man named Chester that worked in a Sams Club my wife and I went to. We always looked forward to seeing him. He was a very strong Christian and had "Jesus" pins all over his vest. Just seeing him was a blessing. He retired years ago and I no longer go to that particular Sams (because there is one closer to me) but I still think about him and miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    Yup...
    I love that cartoon/film in your avatar. Totally off-topic, but I thought I'd... talk.

Thread Information