cure-real

Thread: Bibles for Men

Bibles for Men

I know there are a lot of Bibles that cater to men now-a-days. I happen to enjoy the NLT, but what would you say is the best Bible for men out there? I don't care about the translation right now. I don't want a Bible with a bunch of Sunday School Answer excerpts, but something that is relevant to the text. Any ideas?

on a related note, what is your opinion of the new ESV study Bible. It is very hihgly aclaimed.

Blog Entries
    I use the NKJV with the Spirit Filled Life notes in it. It's got a load of good stuff, commentaries along with word analysis and a notes titled "Kingdom Dynamics".
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

I like the "Rainbow Study Bible", especially when reading aloud. The scriptures are color coded by themes like salvation, prophecy, history, etc. When the color changes you can easily know that the theme is changing.

I don't know how many differant versions are out there now but i can tell you the leather bound has not lasted as long as the imitation leather did

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck shot View Post
    I like the "Rainbow Study Bible", especially when reading aloud. The scriptures are color coded by themes like salvation, prophecy, history, etc. When the color changes you can easily know that the theme is changing.

I don't know how many differant versions are out there now but i can tell you the leather bound has not lasted as long as the imitation leather did
    Maybe I'm jaded but something about the title "rainbow study bible" doesn't sound too manly. Like I said,maybe I'm jaded from seeing the rainbow stickers on all the gay dudes cars here in Ft. Lauderdale or something.

Blessings

and Popcorn

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

You know there is nothing inherently wrong with such bibles, just remember that the study notes aren't inspired scripture.

You guys are just too funny!

The ones i use do not have any study notes at all

They call it a study Biible because it is broken down into themes. The rainbow is because of the colors highlights of the themes. Like the verses about sin are grey and the verses about salvation are blue.

Check it out here, you can see what the pages look like.
    http://www.thekjvstore.com/product_l...0710771d2820b5

Thread Information