cure-real

Thread: My Testimony(From Athiest to a Christ Loving Christian)

in the (949) of the OC (SoCal) the Liberal/Democratic Hawksnest.

Cool My Testimony(From Athiest to a Christ Loving Christian)

Hello and Thank you to anyone who takes their time to read my testimony, I hope my testimony can help others see the truth If anyone would like to ask me questions thats all fine im pretty good at my apologetics.

Well My story starts in the OC of southern California where I am still living. Anyone who has lived there or knows what its actually like knows its a liberal hawksnest and religion is frowned on. I come from a prodomiently Muslim/ Spiritual family background. My family wanted my to adopt an Islamic Viewpoint, I never fully practiced the faith, but at age 10 (Yes 10 lol) I began questioning Islam. The faith itself has so many contradictions, I ignored it for a time but eventually I saw how stupid the foundation was (Im srry I don't mean any offence to anyone Muslim) Im only merely saying the foundation is weak, Allah is supposed to be a mysterious and unknowable God so how do we know what pleases him etc, there are so many I could write a book and that isnt even a good example. I reliezed the faith was wrong and I told my family I am never going back to Islam. For a year or so, religion was a zero in my life, i began listening to bands like Bad Religion etc. I had stopped respecting religion and only believed in God (Sort of Agnostic).

How I found Christ is even more ironic. My Uncle and his wife are Christians God bless, so they raised my cousins to be Christian. They attended a Christian school and went to church and are still some of the most reliable people I have ever had the honor of knowing. They used to talk to me and try to convince me to seek Christ as my savior. I always told them I dont believe God would come to Earth to die for us. I also mentioned how the Trinity made no sense. Some people in my life came and went and over time I became an Athiest. I was always debating with Christians and I was really good unfortunately. I came to believe that there was no way God was there. God was mans way of trying to answer larger questions. Now keep in mind I didn't know too much about Apologetics etc at this point in my life. Eventually one day I snapped. I got so tired of them being so confident they(My cousins) were right I went on a vendetta. I decided I was going to research every major world religion and prove them to be contradictive.

I started with an easy one Islam, I typed, researched, and compiled a ton of contradictions and faults with it. Then I moved to hinduism and then Buddhism. I saved Christianity for last I was so confident that after all my debating and etc that I would do just fine with it. Weeks went by and then a few months and I had conquered and ripped inside out so many religions I thought my brain was gonna collapse. Finally it had come, time to rip apart Christianity and prove it to be a copycat religion. I tried to prove that it was a copy of the Egyptian faith of worshipping Horus and A-men-ra. I spent so much time trying to find contradictions it was sad. Finally I woke up to the reality that this was gonna be a little harder then expected. I went to some college friends of mine who are studying philosophy and biology. I came to relieze from my conversation how brainwashed Id become. There is no I MEAN NO solid proof for Evolution. They take it on more faith then Christians do. There is nothing I always believed the fossil record etc could prove it. Once that happened I turned to Apologetics on the reccomendation of a Christian friend of mine at school once I told him my dilemna. Eventually I came to accept the fact I couldnt beat Christianity. I rose my white flag and spoke to my cousins. I had asked God to open my heart. I became the very thing I believed I existed to destory, a Christian. It all made sense, the faith the love and the peace. Christ died for me. I can't be perfect but he did that for me. I decided that a great way to help solidify my faith I transfered to Capistrano Valley Christian school and I am still attending along with my Uncles two youngest kids, we all are in High School together and my faith has never been stronger, I love having a Bible Class and I love having Chapel and Worship time. I love God with all my heart and I am so grateful for my school. If any of you know who Sean Mcdowell is, he is a world renowned Theologian and he teaches at CVCS, its amazing being able to speak to him and I would encourage anyone who is trying to seek God and Jesus Christ to read any of his or his dad Josh Mcdowells books or any book by Lee Strobel. God Bless You All and Thanks for READING

Learning submission to His will... again!
    What a great testimony! Thank you for sharing!!! I think you have an especially significant story and would br great at witnessing to non-believers I'm sure!!
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
    Isaiah 26:9

Great Testimony, my testimony is boring and plain...but I have read books from both Mcdowell and Lee Strobel, good books to read!

in the (949) of the OC (SoCal) the Liberal/Democratic Hawksnest.
    Haha I dont think there is such a thing as a boring testimony, coming to God and Jesus Christ anyway anytime is always some kind of adventure. I appreciate you both for taking the time to read my testimony I cant express how much I appreciate it

Hi Shay,

That is indeed a wonderful testimony!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing it!
    Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

Just finished reading your testimony! Wonderful explanation. I too had a somewhat similar experience 40 years ago when I surrendered to Jesus as Lord. I know that God will use you, especially in sharing/witnessing with Muslims and those who would seek God and are investigating for themselves what is the right "Way."

May God bless your growth in school. He has placed you there to establish you and nourish you so that you can begin to bring forth much fruit and souls into His kingdom. My prayers are with you.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful. And powerful. God is mighty to save!

Blog Entries
    WOW Shay! God turned your world upside-down. No. Make that right-side-up!

Friend, I look forward to hearing how God is using you in great ministry, on down the road! And may your family come to see the light also!

Powerful testimony, my friend!
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Thread Information