cure-real

Thread: Tea party for our pastor's wife

Tea party for our pastor's wife

We're having a Tea Party for our Pastor's wife this Saturday. I thought it was going to be something simple where we just get together and have tea and finger foods. But Wednesday night after church I heard some people talking about it and they were talking about getting all dressed up for it. I didn't know it was going to be some kind of fancy event. I'm thinking about not even going if they're going to make a big deal about what we're supposed to wear.

Someone suggested that I wear the dress that I wore to a wedding this past weekend. But I don't want to get that dressed up for this, but I want to "fit in" with how everyone else will be dressed. I always wear dress pants and a nice blouse to church, but I have never worn a dress to church because it's too hard for me to get in and out of a car in a dress.

I'm trying to come up with something that would be nice that I could wear. I don't really have any matching outfits that would work for this. I was thinking about my black dress pants and a dressy blouse. I had thought about wearing my white pants and a red and white blouse, but that it what I'm thinking about wearing on Sunday.

I have a Yellow blouse that is sort of lacey looking. I don't like this blouse very much because you can see through it more than I like. But I thought that if I ever want to wear it, I could wear my yellow sleeveless shirt underneath it.

I also have a teal blouse that has a bow on the first. Well it's not actually a bow, but I don't know how to explain it. It's something that hangs down and apart from the blouse.

What would you suggest wearing to this event?

Wear what you feel comfortable in. It sounds like the purpose is to get together in fellowship, have fun, and honor the pastor's wife. If you're wearing something you're uncomfortable in, you will be worrying more about that than just relaxing and enjoying yourself. If you're comfortable in dress pants and a nice blouse...go with that. Don't worry about what others think. Your presence is going to mean something to the pastor's wife. Think about how the Lord views the situation. You are doing something nice to honor your pastor's wife and are getting together to fellowship with a group of believers. Do you think Christ will think less of you because you showed up in jeans and a t-shirt. I think not.

I'd spend this time and effort trying to think up ways the pastor's wife has helped you and nice things you can say to lift her up and encourage her. I think that means much much more than your outfit. Just don't go in your birthday suit and you'll be fine.
    "I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!" - Buddy the Elf

My Blog

Pray for Mieke and Charles

Blog Entries
    We had a Mother/Daughter Tea at our church a couple of weeks ago, (the second tea we've had) and since it was a "tea", you do kind of dress up. I think it started with ladies over in England a long time ago. The ladies always "dressed" for tea, some even wearing hats and gloves for the occasion, at that time. (But no one wears hats and white dress gloves,now, except maybe, MAYBE the Queen of England, and I'm glad we don't!)

But it was nice and the ladies loved it! They even like the dressing up part, and dressing up their daughters, especially the little girls. They took pictures, too. So we have a good memory in a photo of us Mothers and our daughters all dressed up at a "Tea."

Some did wear dresses. Some wore dress pants and a nice top. I was one who wore a suit. My daughter wore a skirt and blouse. So, it sounds like your dress pants and a pretty blouse will be perfect! Make it as colorful as you can, in case they do take pictures.

Some ladies brought their own camera and took photos. Then one sweet lady sent us an email of her photos. It was really nice of her to do that. Maybe someone there will take and share photos, too.

Let us know what you decide to wear. It sounds like any of those blouses will look very pretty! (Just keep in mind, this is kind of a social event for the ladies. Probably no men will attend, since it is a tea.)
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Blog Entries
    I agree with the others. I've done a few garden tea parties in my yard. Dressing up is meant to be fun, not a chore or a burden. Dress pants and a nice blouse are just fine. How you dress really isn't the issue.. or even an issue, so please don't 'not go' because you don't want to wear a dress. It honestly won't matter and you'll fit in just fine, regardless of what you wear.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrus...

All children left unattended will be given an espresso and a free puppy.

Thread Information