Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans in distress

Arrow Veterans in distress

My Dear Brothers and Sisters
    Please come here and share your pain and troubles. Come here to be refreshed, to vent, To tell us how the Lord, is working in your life.

As chaplain of a ministry dedicated, to assisting our returning Veterans, in returning to a normal, spiritual life, after the trauma of war. I personally
    Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

We are located in Mobile Al, if you are in this area
    please contact me via our site, In my profile, or drop me a line, here.

I will be posting links to helpful sites, and scripture, In which I hope you will find comfort.

When I served in the Navy aboard the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, I took great comfort in Psalm 91

I want to look at the Soldier’s Psalm and find the solace and courage that others have found in Psalm 91, It will be our Psalm, too.

In Psalm 91 God gives us four instructions to quell the sense of fear that rises in our own hearts. God instructs us by saying ‘You will’ four times.

Psalm 91

In verse 5, the Psalmist says, “You will not be afraid of the terror by night…”. “You will not be afraid” is His first instruction. Then, in verse 8, he says, “You will only look on…”. In those words God says that you will watch and trust. Additionally, verse 13 reads, “You will tread upon the lion and the cobra…”. Here God says, You will move forward. Finally, verse 15 is written from God’s perspective when it reads, “He will call upon Me.” God says that you will pray. Four instructions that God gives us to fight fear that rises up in our hearts. God, in His mercy, understands that we will be afraid so He instructs us about what to do when we are.

YOU WILL NOT BE AFRAID

The first instruction is crucial because it is the foundation for all the rest. Once we understand this one the others quickly fall into place.

Although the dangers are very real and present, God tells us “not (to) be afraid.” In verses 5 to 7, we read

“You will not be afraid of the terror by night, Or of the arrow that flies by day; 6 Of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, Or of the destruction that lays waste at noon. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not approach you.”

The Bible never gives a sugarcoated view of life. Life is presented with dangers, even terror. We are not to believe that we are somehow immune to the ever-present dangers of life. However, God says that “(y)ou will not be afraid of the terror by night, or of the arrow that flies by day.” As if “night terror” or “arrows” weren’t enough, we read in verse 6 that we shouldn’t fear “the pestilence that stalks in darkness (night) (o)r the destruction that lays waste at noon (day).” Those were things we hadn’t even considered yet! According to this Psalm, danger can come any time, day or night.

Furthermore, there are different kinds of dangers. There’s “ the arrow that flies by day,” the intentional danger, in verse 5. Someone has put the arrow on the string, pulled, aimed, and released it. Someone has a malicious intent and wishes to harm us. Then in verse 6, we read about pestilence. Disease, whether intentional or not, is another ever-present danger. We may be living our lives without a hint of peril, but these intentional and unintentional dangers come our way and are harmful to us.

The danger is magnified in verse 7, where we read, “A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand…”. These dangers can be extremely intense and intimidating, not only near but very close, intentional or unintentional, and can happen anytime. Then in the face of all this, the Psalmist says in verse 5,“You will not be afraid.” Even though all of this is true, we are told not to be afraid. This leads us to ask how can we not be afraid. If the dangers are very real and ever present why is God telling us not to be afraid?

In Psalm 91, we see two answers to our question. First, we are not to be afraid because of who God is. In verses 1-4 we read,

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust! 3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper, And from the deadly pestilence. 4 He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.”

In the first two verses of this Psalm, we see four different names of God, all of which express His power and His authority. In verse 1, God’s name is Most High: “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High.” Our God is the MOST HIGH because there is none higher. Then, God is called Almighty: “He will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.” Our God is the ALMIGHTY! No might or power or ability can manipulate or control Him because there is no one and nothing greater than HIM. In verse 2, God is called Lord: “I will say to the Lord,” This is the Jehovah God, the great I AM. He created the heavens and the earth. Finally, in verse 4, God is called My God: “My God, in whom I trust.” This is our God. In face of the real terrors of life, we are instructed not to fear because of who our God is. He is the MOST HIGH! He is the ALMIGHTY! He is the LORD, and He is GOD!

Regardless of our thoughts about this war, anyone watching the television coverage had to be impressed with the military’s precision in bombing Baghdad, and the destruction that followed. However, even the United States’ military might is nothing compared to the Almighty. He is the ALMIGHTY! He is the MOST HIGH! He, then, is the source of our comfort and our courage. Whatever it is that threatens you, if you remember that He is mightier than it is, your fears will begin to abate. The pestilence, the arrow, the terror by night or day, the thousand falling to our sides, the ten thousand at our right hands, all this is under the ALMIGHTY!

There is no need to fear because of who He is. This is the first answer to our question. The second answer is more personal because it involves our relationship to God. We do not fear because of who God is and because we are rightly related to him. We see that in Psalm 91. In verse 2, we read the word “My” three times: “I will say to the Lord, My refuge, My fortress, My God in whom I trust.” The Psalmist isn’t talking about some god who made us, set the world into being and then went off to do something else in the universe. The Psalmist knows this God because he calls Him MY God. This great God who is powerful is MY God. There is a relationship. We do not fear when we are personally related to God.

We also read of the personal nature of being rightly related to God in verse 14 when God responds to the Psalmist: “Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.” God says that He will deliver us because we love Him. This is amazing! Because we love the Almighty and are rightly related to Him, He will rescue us.

The testimonies of several of the people that were baptized this morning reminded us that there is a difference between merely acknowledging that there is a God and knowing Him. There is a difference between coming to church—doing our religious duties, and actually KNOWING God—having a relationship of trust and love.

We are not born into a personal relationship with the Almighty nor do we grow into such a relationship because of our education or maturity. Knowing God in a personal way is different.

As the people here expressed this morning, they had to respond to Christ in their own heart. They said yes and bowed their will to Jesus Christ. Then, they entered into this relationship. We know that it is a personal relationship because of what God says in verse 14: “I will set him securely on high because he has known My name.” God will deliver the person who really knows God, knows His name. We know God not just facts about Him. We KNOW Him.

When Jesus began to teach and move from place to place, he caused confusion because people did not understand who He was. In the early days of Jesus’ ministry, His own disciples weren’t sure who He was. After He calmed the sea and the wind, they asked, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?” (Mark 4:41) His enemies, the religious leaders of the day, were jealous of Him because of He taught in a way that they couldn’t teach. There was an unearthly power and authority in what He said and what He did. Jesus disturbed people because he was upsetting the status quo. They came to Him, time and time again, and asked, “By what authority are You doing these things, or who gave You this authority to do these things?” (Mark 11:28)

Even at His trial, the night before His crucifixion, Pontius Pilate questioned Jesus. Pilate asked Him, ”Are You the King of the Jews?” (Matthew 27:11) You can sense desperation in his voice. Pilate was being forced to decide the fate of the man before him. Politically, he knew that he could make only one decision, but Pilate knew that it would be wrong to crucify this One who was innocent. Pilate wanted to know if Jesus was the King of the Jews because he sensed something about the identity of the One who stood before him.

Throughout His life, people asked, Who is this Jesus? Who is He? Pilate sentenced Jesus to death and tried to wash his hands of the whole thing, but it was still Pilate’s responsibility to designate what crime would be written across the top of the cross. Jesus’ crime which was written in three languages on the cross was “Jesus the Nazarene, the King of the Jews.” (John 19:19) The Jewish leaders argued with Pilate over that inscription. Pilate ended the discussion with a declaration that probably caused by them further frustration: “What I have written I have written!” (John 19:22) Although he posed the question to Jesus and did not get an answer from Him, Pilate still wrote the truth on the inscription above Jesus on the cross.

There the Son of God hung on the cross with the inscription above His head for all to read, “the King of the Jews,” which, of course, meant that He is the Messiah. He is the One sent from God above. This is the One who came to fix the problem between we human beings who have messed things up with our sin and the God against whom we’ve rebelled. There on that cross God the Father was punishing the Son for your sin and for my sin. He was taking upon Himself, as a substitute for you and me, the punishment that you and I deserved. He took it to satisfy the justice of Almighty God and to save us, to give us forgiveness of sins.

There was a soldier standing before the cross as Jesus died. As Jesus breathed His last, the soldier said, “Truly this Man was the Son of God!” (Mark 15:39) God is today still breaking into people’s hearts showing them who this One is and what He did. Knowing Jesus Christ is not just knowing the facts. It is seeing Him for who He really is, knowing Him.

Jesus during His earthly ministry told us about Himself and God. Before He was betrayed, Jesus prayed, “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent”(John 17:3). Jesus in this prayer characterizes eternal life as knowing Him, knowing God in Jesus Christ, not merely facts about Him, not merely going through rituals that the church says are important, but KNOWING Him in a personal way. Psalm 91 describes the same love relationship, a trust relationship with Jesus Christ.

In Psalm 91, in the face of danger and threat, in the face of any source of anxiety which brings fear into our hearts, whether related to the War in Iraq and terrorism or not, God says you will not be afraid because of who God is and because you are rightly related to Him. He is the Almighty and because of Jesus Christ’s death for us, and because we have trusted in Christ, we now know Him. I can live victorious over my fear. I can refuse the fear that grips my heart because I know Him and am rightly related to Him.

I want to ask this before we go on. In the face of your fears, are you forgetting who God is? It is good to be reminded from God’s Word. Since 9/11, Americans have lost a sense of safety and rightly so, but I want you to remember that for ages and ages your brothers and sisters in Christ in other places in the world have never known that sense of security that we had before 9/11, but they have rested in security nonetheless because the Almighty is their God and He is greater than anything that threatens us. In the face of your fears, don’t forget who God is.

Also I want to ask you, are you rightly related to this Almighty? Have you trusted in the Son of God? Have you seen Jesus Christ for who He really is and placed your trust in Him? After all He did on the cross to gain forgiveness for your sins, have you asked Him to make it true for you? Make sure that today you have found a love relationship with the Almighty. It can start today.

Psalm 91

YOU WILL TRUST AND WATCH

You will not be afraid, and you will trust and watch. In verse 8, we read, “You will only look on with your eyes, And see the recompense of the wicked.” The way in which he uses the word “recompense” speaks of justice and of a judge. Some wrong is being made right. Some punishment that is deserved is being meted out. This reminds us that there is a Judge, and He is God.

God is the great Judge of all. He is the One who knows all. He is the One who understands. We have heard a lot about intelligence this week — intelligence this, intelligence that — but the people who are gathering intelligence are not necessarily in control, are they? They are just trying to figure out what is happening. That is not the way with God. It is not just that He KNOWS everything. He is actually IN CHARGE of everything. He is working, allowing certain things to happen. Things are running according to His plan, but in the midst of it, He will hold people accountable for sin. There will be retribution.

Whose job will it be to judge and mete out punishment? Can you sort it out? Do you know who’s guilty and who’s not? Who is guilty to what degree and to what other degree isn’t? Thankfully, we don’t have to sort that out. The Scriptures are clear: “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord….” (Hebrews 10:30). That is His right. God is the Judge. Paul also tells us in Romans 12: 19 that we need to “leave room for the wrath of God.” When we are unable to make sense of it all, we must remember that God is able and He is the judge.

In Psalm 91, the Psalmist also presents a picture of the unseen realm: “9 For you have made the Lord, my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place. 10 No evil will befall you, Nor will any plague come near your tent. 11 For He will give His angels change concerning you, To guard you in all your ways. 12 They will bear you up in their hands, Lest you strike your foot against a stone.”

There is an unseen realm, brothers and sisters. We don’t understand all about it because we are not designed to know that; however, in the unseen realm, there are angels and demons. They are involved in the affairs of men and of nations and they are very busy right now. However, we need not worry because God is not only the Judge of human hearts, He is also the Lord of the unseen. He sees what you and I cannot see.

In verse 8, the psalmist says, “You will only look on”. He uses the word “only” to give a sense of passivity, of inability. There are times and places when we are not to be passive but here he is saying, we cannot see the unseen. We cannot judge every human heart, and, when it comes to the unseen realms, we must trust and watch. You are not God. Do not fear. Trust and watch! Are you watching? Probably. However, are you trusting that the Judge, the Lord of the unseen, is working? I would encourage you in these days to trust and watch.

YOU WILL MOVE FORWARD

You will not be afraid, you will trust and watch, but also you will move forward: “You will tread upon the lion and cobra, The young lion and the serpent you will trample down” (13). You are to be passive in the face of your inability and in the face of what God’s role is as Judge, but when it is your duty, move forward. There is a lion and a cobra. What are we to do? Step on them! Isn’t that great!

I am tempted to share some of those good snake stories from Tanzania. I even have a couple of lion stories. These verses meant a lot to us when we were over there. One time I actually stepped on a snake. It came up and struck the trousers I was wearing. Its fangs didn’t get my skin, but I have come as close to that as you can come. There were lots of snakes before that incident which we hadn’t quite stepped on, but they were right there, in our car, our house, all over the place. Poisonous ones—and yet God enabled us to tread upon them. We kept moving forward to do what God called us to do.

Now, in Africa we were able to take this verse quite literally and to believe God in the face of actual cobras and lions. Here, we have cobras and lions of different sorts! This verse is still ours. The fears and dangers that are before us should not stop us from moving forward.

I want to be sure that we understand the difference between the second point and this one. We are to be passive when things are out of our control. That is for God to judge. It is God who sees the unseen, He commands us to watch and trust; but when God has shown you clearly what to do, move forward. Don’t let fear stop you from doing that which God calls you to do, no matter what is going on. What is it that God has given you to do? What is your assignment from Him? The encouragement here in verse 13 is to move forward with it. Don’t be paralyzed by world events. God has given you kids to raise. Move forward! If you are a student, He has given you the task of studying. Move forward with that. In your job, work hard to glorify God. Move forward. We witness. We use our gifts for the edification of this body. We should continue to do all of this! Let not the fear stop us from doing that which God has already laid on our hearts. You will move forward.

YOU WILL PRAY

Lastly, we will pray: “15 He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him, and honor him. 16 With a long life I will satisfy him, And let him behold My salvation.” You will not be afraid. You will trust and watch. You will move forward. The Psalm ends with the part of the dynamo that keeps it all together, You will pray. Call on God. Claim His promises.

We can’t end without mentioning one question that comes up. What if the danger does touch me? These promises sound so good, but what if the danger does come my way? What if the thing that I fear wounds me? Remember Job. He was a rich man, a godly man. He lost his children, his riches, and his health. Then, even his wife turned against him. When we read the Book of Job, God has made us privy to some of His purposes. In the Book of Job, we read what is happening in the unseen realm. We can see that God is doing something and that there is an unseen audience. Satan is defeated by the way Job responds, but the interesting thing is that Job never sees that. He is not privy to that. You and I see it, but Job didn’t. All he knew was that he was suffering terribly; however, in Job 13:15, he says, “Though He (God) slay me, I will hope in Him!” Sometimes God allows the enemy’s’ arrow to hit and that is our chance to keep focused on the promises, to relax and say, Lord God, this hurts and I don’t know Your purposes but I know You. I know that You have a plan, and I trust You. Though You slay me, I will hope in You.

Returning to Psalm 91, verse 4, we see the beautiful part that carried my family and me through the dangers we saw during our missionary work: “He will cover you with His pinions and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.” This is the line that meant so much, “His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.” If you don’t understand anything else, get this. It is not your faithfulness that protects you. It is HIS faithfulness. It is not your faithfulness to Him that is a shield and bulwark. It is HIS faithfulness to you. If you are rightly related to Him, you have come through Jesus Christ to the Almighty; therefore, HE is faithful to you. In His faithfulness, He protects you. Because of His faithfulness, you lift up these promises to Him and trust Him for them. If there is an arrow that gets through and strikes you, you know that it was within His faithfulness. It sounds odd at first, but it is true. He is faithful to you. He has let the arrow through for a purpose. You may never know the exact reason until you get to heaven, but He has let it through for a purpose. His faithfulness stands, so rise up with Job and say, Though He slay me, I will yet hope in Him! He will answer you.

We see that the Soldier’s Psalm is not just for the soldiers. It is our Psalm, too. You will not be afraid. You will trust and watch. You will move forward. And you will pray

I wish you Peace, you are Never alone!

Thumbsup Thank you this helped

Rev. Gwinn,
    I'm just back from Iraq and am having many problems, your thread here is a blessing, I printed out this thread and will carry it with me for when things become too much.
    Thank you

Lost in war and lost in faith

Rev Gwinn thank you, 1 follower, in too hope you can get it back together
    man I'm feeling all messed up!

Welcome to both of you

I want to thank you both for your service!
    Please, let out what builds up, here, with your pastor, a friend, who ever it is that you trust.
    What you have been through, is a heavy burden to bear.
    With faith in the Lord, faith in yourself, and faith in the love and concern of those around you, you will overcome all.

Be good to yourselves in all things, temptation to avoid the painful areas of your current life, may only lead you to more pain.

You are in my prayers, I wish you peace.

Arrow Ptsd info

I Beg ALL of you not to take this lightly, if you are experiencing PTSD, you are in a very serious condition. Do not let bravado, keep you from seeking help. You have proven your bravery, many times over.

This is your enemy now, you must defeat it, and carry on.
    I know many of you have had trouble with the VA, sadly they were never prepared for the sear numbers of Veterans, needing help.

BE STRONG, PRAY HARD!

I wish you peace

http://www.ncptsd.va.gov/ncmain/index.jsp

This is the main site for National center for PTSD

What is PTSD?

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that can occur after you have been through a traumatic event. A traumatic event is something horrible and scary that you see or that happens to you. During this type of event, you think that your life or others' lives are in danger. You may feel afraid or feel that you have no control over what is happening.
    Anyone who has gone through a life-threatening event can develop PTSD. These events can include:

• Combat or military exposure
    • Child sexual or physical abuse
    • Terrorist attacks
    • Sexual or physical assault
    • Serious accidents, such as a car wreck.
    • Natural disasters, such as a fire, tornado, hurricane, flood, or earthquake.

After the event, you may feel scared, confused, and angry. If these feelings don't go away or they get worse, you may have PTSD. These symptoms may disrupt your life, making it hard to continue with your daily activities.
    For a more information, please see our fact sheet What Is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
    What treatments are available for PTSD?

There are many types of treatment for PTSD. You and your doctor will discuss the best treatment for you. You may have to try a number of treatments before you find one that works for you.
    A type of counseling called cognitive-behavioral therapy and medicines known as SSRIs appear to be the most effective treatments for PTSD. Treatment can help you feel more in control of your emotions and result in fewer symptoms, but you may still have some bad memories.
    For more information, please see our fact sheet on Treatment for PTSD
    How do I locate specialists or support groups for PTSD?

If you are in an immediate crisis, please go to your nearest Emergency Room or call 911.
    Although the Center does not provide any direct clinical care, we provide links and information to help you locate mental health services in your area. See our fact sheets on:

I am an American Veteran. Who do I contact for help with PTSD?

You can contact your local VA Hospital or Veterans Center located in your telephone book, or call the VA Health Benefits Service Center toll free at 1-877-222-VETS. In addition to its medical centers, VA also has many CBOCs (Community Based Outpatient Clinics) around each state so you can look for one in your community. You can also use any of the information on treatment for the general public.
    For online help, the VA also offers the MyHealtheVet and Seamless Transition websites. Please also see Specialized PTSD Treatment Programs in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
    As an American Veteran, how do I file a claim for disability due to PTSD?

A formal request ("claim") must be filed by the veteran using forms provided by the VA's Veterans Benefits Administration. After the forms are completely submitted, the veteran must complete interviews concerning her or his "social history" (a review of family, work, and educational experiences before, during, and after military service) and "psychiatric status" (a review of past and current psychological symptoms, and of traumatic experiences during military service). The forms and information about the application process can be obtained from Benefits Officers at any VA Medical Center, Outpatient Clinic, or Regional Office.
    The process of applying for a VA disability for PTSD can take several months, and can be both complicated and quite stressful. The Veteran's Service Organizations (VSOs) provide "Service Officers" at no cost to help veterans and family members pursue VA disability claims. Service Officers are familiar with every step in the application and interview process, and can provide both technical guidance and moral support. In addition, some Service Officers particularly specialize in assisting veterans with PTSD disability claims.
    Even if a veteran has not been a member of a specific Veterans Service Organization, the veteran still can request the assistance of a Service Officer working for that organization. In order to get representation by a qualified and helpful Service Officer, you can directly contact the local office of any Veterans Service Organization -- or ask for recommendations from other veterans who have applied for VA disability, or from a PTSD specialist at a VA PTSD clinic or a Vet Center.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely wonderful thread! My boyfriend is a 24 yr old Purple Heart Marine Vet..he has PTSD and suffered a TBI four years ago. He still has trouble with his memory, concentration,sleeping (nightmares,etc). He has chronic back pain and they are going to put him on painkillers for that I know, it worries me that he might form an addiction as so many of my friends have. I know that he has used things like weed to help him relax and fall asleep...I'm really not happy with that. But there is nothing I can do besides pray and encourage him. He is a Christian also by the way. I really want to understand what he is going through and the extent of his injuries better if it is at all possible. All of you are in my prayers.
    "My DADDY is bigger than your problems!"

~Danielle~

Welcome

HIS Princess,
    Thank you for bringing to the front, the other side of this terrible problem.
    The loved ones who are in pain. I will pray for you both.
    Faith, Love and time, will heal many, but there is much footwork still to be done.
    As to your medical concerns, our brains have remarkable abilities to heal, we were made by the Master.

As for pain medications, they are safe, providing they are taken as prescribed

I will be posting here, other info and links for medical care and medications as I am able

Bless you and your Hero, for you are the example of true faith. Faith is easy when not challenged.

Hug him tight, let him know we here are there for him. If he wishes, I am here for him, and I have very large ears.
    Last edited by RevGwinn; May 22nd 2009 at 04:36 PM.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries
    RevGwinn, this thread is now stickied so it'll always be near the top of the list of threads in BtC.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Blog Entries
    RevGwinn,
    ... Never use that qualification of having served on the deck f an A/C Carrier. As a vet that has a 100% combat rating I can promise you that you'll lose 90% of the PTSD men with that statement. As one being afflicted I know that as soon as my VA Physc. told me he understood all my problems because he had been in Siagon for 90 days I screamed at him for being stupid and I spent the next thirty years trying to find someone that could live with my night-mares and had nothing to do with the VA.
    ... I appreciate your service and there was many a time I could not get to the ground and pick up the men down there until those, concieted, but lovable Naval Aviators arrived to stop the VC from filling our ship full of holes. Just remember, God qualified youand you never need to explain that and present a position of weakness. As fighting men we do not like weakness.

Welcome Bill

Brother Bill,
    I thank you for your service! I respectfully understand your concerns, It is Veterans like yourself, that I hope all of us, will circle around and offer whatever aid, that is needed. I am sorry that your pain and suffering has been so great, that help, has been of so little use to you.

I can only Imagine, your suffering, I do Know that you suffer.

I am a veteran, not a Veteran. I believe they will understand.
    The flight deck of an aircraft carrier, is a high stress,temp,danger,fear,etc. area. That what I offered after my first statement, was what I had in fact used to combat my own fears, when I faced sudden death, or that of my shipmates, I believe will also be understood.

I did not come out of it with PTSD.

I do understand that it is very serious and can be as deadly as anything they have faced in the field.
    Having seen the suffering of our Veterans returning from other wars, who were given NO help, and were left to fight their new foe, unarmed, and alone. I cannot stand by and see this happen again.

To that end, it is my/our mission to aid where ever possible.

I wish you peace Bill, I will pray for you.

Hi to everyone

I've been to the vet center today, they were of some help. Their is a local group of vets who meet there to talk and pray and for fellowship.
    I'll go on weds to try it I nned someone to talk to that has been where I've been, i can't talk to my wife and friends about this stuff

Sometimes i feel like a rat in a can! and almost wish i was back there, because I knew what that was like no time to think or really rattle
    I know that is rotten thinking, just so tired at times.

HisPrincess, I feel for you two, I bet he feels as trapped as i and others I've talked to do.
    I try to keep moving, i feel better when I'm working, out in the yard or what ever.
    I was so good when i first got home, just happy to back and safe, then I started to go down, I drank eveynight to get to sleep. My neighbor, is a recovering alcoholic, and he came to talk to me one day out in the yard
    and what a bad road that was to travel, and if i kept drinking, I'd make it all wose, so i've stopped that. the doctors put me on 3 pills for depression, sleep, they kind of work, I will be hopeful, so can he and you.
    Sorry i don't type well.

Slug1 Hi good to meet you!

Bill, I guess you had it alot worse than, alot of us coming home now.
    You guys got a raw deal. I disagree with you, the rev did not, say he knew what it was all about. He said this is where i've been this is what did, and this is what helped. I don't know how i'd feel if he had never served, or was a paper pusher in the rear. I know that he is trying to help and that is enough for me.

I have a daily reader I carry with me, and I found this and it made me feel better
    And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
    And patience, experience; and experience, hope.
    Romans 5:3,4

See ya later

Joyful news!

1Follower,
    I am so very happy to hear your good news, and that you see a way for yourself. FANTASTIC

You Have, been having a rough go of it, I'm glad to hear that you have beaten, the demons that sought to swamp you. Alcohol, is real problem.
    It has a duel purpose, as a pain killer and a pain creator.

I am also happy to hear that you have a doctors care, it is vital that you stay healthy. The doctors, I've had the privilege of speaking with on this subject, have made it clear, that the "propers" are the key, proper diet, rest, exercise, treatment. That you are functioning so well, is a great sign, idle hands as it is said.......

Go be with your comrades, talk, be there for them, let them be there for you.

I will pray for you, I wish you peace.
    Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12

Blog Entries
    We went on a camping trip with his family this weekend and we got a chance to talk about some things. I told him how much the weed bothered me. He didn't really like that, but I made it clear I was NOT telling him to stop or trying to force him to change. He justifies it because it does help him sleep and says it helps him stay away from drinking (he used to have a drinking problem). I told him I understand what he was talking about ---but that I wanted him to get to the point to where he didn't need to lean on either of those for any of his needs. And I told him I was praying for him everyday. I try to do that fairly often, and I tell him that he's getting better every day.
    One thing I've noticed he does is he can't sit still or stay focused on one thing for very long, I think he's had ADD his family says he's always been this way but it got a LOT worse after his injury. I mean we can be cuddled up watching tv, or talking about something and he walks off and starts doing something else. This drives me nuts sometimes, but I'm learning to realize he needs his space just as much as I need to be with people sometimes. I definitely feel like this is learning process, it's complicated in and of itself, but in a relationship..wow,lol. I'm just learning to be patient though and take things in stride. He's worth it
    By the way, to all of the vets on here....a salute to you and a big thank you for your service and your sacrifice. Many prayers are with you as you continue to find peace and healing and grow closer to our Father. God bless.
    "My DADDY is bigger than your problems!"

~Danielle~

Thread Information