Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veterans in distress

Welcome

Hello Clavicula Nox,
    I thank you for your service.

I am very glad you are here!
    If in any way, I may be of service to you, please ask.
    Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12

The Home of the Airborne and Special Operations Forces
    I appreciate the offer, but no thanks.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Blog Entries
    Saturday afternoon, I called him...we chatted a little bit and I asked him when we were going to hang out again, he kind of brushed me off. So I asked him what we were going to do about us. He responded..."I think were so different, we'd be better off as friends...I'm just not 'feelin it' anymore." I'm crushed and I feel so stupid. I feel like I did something wrong, I feel like this might have worked out....but then again...I guess it just wasnt God's plan for either of us. I miss him so much. Its weird, I know we were only together for a couple of months, but when you go from seeing someone and talking to them almost every day...to nothing. It always shakes me up. We had a lot of good memories together in such a short time. We made a lot of mistakes too. More than anything, I just hope and pray that he finds his way back to God and that he finds true happiness in life. I wish I understood him better and what he was going through and why he acts the way he does. I wish there was something I could physically do to help...but I know that prayer is a lot more powerful than anything I can ever do.
    As for myself...I'm going to take a break from dating for a while. Possibly a long while. I've rebounded too often in the past and I think I need to be alone for a while with God to just find out who I really am and do what I'm supposed to do with my life...follow my dreams in other words. I still really love this guy..and I'm going to be there for him as much as I can as his friend. Thanks so much for the advice and prayers..I really appreciate it.
    "My DADDY is bigger than your problems!"

~Danielle~

His Princess,
    I am sorry to hear your news, please take great care of yourself.
    He will have to sort some of this out for himself, you may keep the door open for the two of you to speak as friends. He sure needs a friend.
    I will pray for the both of you.
    Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12

Re: Veterans in distress

I didn't know this thread was here, and I am glad because I have some questions. It is possible for a loved one, who is in the military to have PTSD before they are in combat, then when they come back the PTSD is worse and with every deployment, it gets worse and worse. I am having a hard time with a loved one who has PTSD and then looking at it from a spiritual perspective, I see that it is just plain old sin. I'm not talking about nightmares, but outbursts of rage, How do I separate the two? I know as a believer, the Lord says to love them no matter what. But when the loved one "acts out" and others are saying,"you just have to understand, its the PTSD. and inside I am screaming, no! its sin. I don't feel that I have the right to "call him out" on it because he has faithfully served this country. and I am thankful for that. Theres no way that I can understand what he has gone through. Am I wrong in the way that I am looking at this?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsdaughter View Post
    I didn't know this thread was here, and I am glad because I have some questions. It is possible for a loved one, who is in the military to have PTSD before they are in combat, then when they come back the PTSD is worse and with every deployment, it gets worse and worse. I am having a hard time with a loved one who has PTSD and then looking at it from a spiritual perspective, I see that it is just plain old sin. I'm not talking about nightmares, but outbursts of rage, How do I separate the two? I know as a believer, the Lord says to love them no matter what. But when the loved one "acts out" and others are saying,"you just have to understand, its the PTSD. and inside I am screaming, no! its sin. I don't feel that I have the right to "call him out" on it because he has faithfully served this country. and I am thankful for that. Theres no way that I can understand what he has gone through. Am I wrong in the way that I am looking at this?
    I don't think the Rev will be back since his last post was in Sep 09.

How are ya doing Kingsdaughter?

In reading your post... some questions. Is the person a saved Christian and would understand/feel any conviction from the holy Spirit?

Seems you are talking about anger/angry outbursts which is expressed by rage. So if the person was afflicted with anger and the expression is rage, sure... with all a person has to do, see, hear about in an environment that is a combat zone, then what is causing the anger and rage can be/will be magnified.

Since you want to approach this from a spiritual understanding and since this person expressed the anger before combat... you have to work back. Since before even ever joining the military, was this person angry and/or expressing anger though rage? If so, you have to go back farther.

In all the people I've spoken with and counseled, it usually goes back to childhood and a series of events, experiences, and just plain bad situations while growing up. As early as 5-8 this all begins as experiences and events begin to shape a persons mental well being. If abused as a child, they reach a point in their adult life this mental well being (in this case, not a good well being) begins to be expressed and the person says... I don't know why I'm angry. So they find a reason and in this case... PTSD. They get treated for combat related stress and all that goes along with the PTSD checklist of various diagnoses and the respective counseling needed and/or drugs needed to help with the symptoms.

We don't want to deal with the symptoms... not on a spiritual level. We want to deal with the CAUSE.

Go back before this person was ever in combat, the military, even before they were an adult. DIG... it can only be done with discussion and the closer you get, the harder they will resist so it's a slow process. Before any and all discussions, pray and take authority of the situation. Intercede for the person as God does work on that spiritual level even if you can't get them to talk.

I will also advise that you post in the Chat to the Ministers as amazzin has counseling experience with PTSD as well. I will also give him a warning order and give him a link to this post so he's aware if you do go that route as well.
    Slug1--out

~Are we a church of members (fans of Jesus) or a church of disciples (servants of Jesus)??~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Hello Slug, I'm okay, how are you?

Well of coarse you would know who I'm talking about. Both you and cheech helped me through a difficult time couple years ago,when you guys were admin.

Now that thats over and done with, we are faced with yet another trial and this has to do with his PTSD. Its bad Slug, and he's still not saved. He wont talk to anyone about it. And whenever he does something to hurt me, he blames it on that.(PTSD)

I think I am going to post a thread in "Chat to the Ministers", don't want to share too much out here in the open. I really don't know what to do at this point, I don't know what God wants me to do. Thanks for responding Slug. Say hello to cheech for me

Blog Entries

Hi Kingsdaughter Good to see you again! I'm in agreement with slug in his answer. The combat just enhanced what was already there. When someone struggles with anger, there are things underneath the surface of that anger that keeps it continuously simmering and an explosion can happen at any time as when he does something to hurt you no doubt in words. I struggled with anger for over 20 years...it was uncontrollable and would hit at any time. I was hurt and hurt others in the process...mostly my family. So I can just imagine how bad it could be going into combat and dealing with that and seeing injustice all around you. It's digging beneath that surface to find out what is causing that anger that needs to be done. Sometimes we like to use excuses as to why we do wrong things and although those excuses can be the truth (PTSD)...we don't always like to take responsibility for our actions when we do something wrong. If he's not saved it will be difficult for him to see this but many times even saved Christians don't always see this. We may have a stronghold but we can't blame that stronghold all the time for our wrong actions. We have to take responsibility for what we do when we make a wrong choice. He does need to talk to someone though. For you Chat To Ministers is the right route to go.

One thing you can do is target your prayers for this person. Pray for salvation adn for God to get to the root of the cause of the anger. Everytime he goes off, ask God to be in the midst of the situation and to take control immediately. This is your part.

God bless you

Live your life in such a
    way that, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

"Oh NO.... she's awake!"

Slug1: No, I have it so short I can't comb it to the side like before

cheechamia: ken...dear...honey...you have NO hair to comb on the side!!!

It is very good to see you again too cheech I just knew you were going to respond and can I just say this...you and slug are so faithful to the brothers and sisters on this board. There is a reason you both were admin. I can come on here 2 years later with a problem and for you guys to come back and say,"we are here for you" even though you hardly post anymore cheech, means the world to me.This is what I love about bibleforums, believers like you two and your faithfulness to the "flock".

Yes, he had anger problems before combat, and when he got back, it was worse. I had a busy day today and its so late, I'll shoot ya pm tomorrow and let you in on whats been going on. Oh I have a question for you, do you think PTSD can have an effect on someone's health, he went in for a physical last month and doc said that he was a "walking heart attack" not good and he said the doc doesn't know what he's talking about and that he was a "bleep bleep". So he's refusing to take heart meds for it. Ok, I'll tell you the rest when I send you pm tomorrow and I'll post in the ministers forum too.

God bless you both

First we need to elect leaders with wisdom who can do things without having a war.
    Jesus said those that live by the sword die by the sword. He didn't say don't be a coward and avoid war.
    The more of the bible I read the more I hate our leaders for being incompetent, stupid, unwise.

This is where I get attacked for not supporting our soldiers and they change the topic. Soldiers have nothing to do with decision making.

Satan welcomes wars because it kills thousands if not millions of people. The older I get the more I see no hope for this world.

When we should go to war we don't and when we shouldn't go to war we do. I wonder if our leaders are possessed by demons which are able to deceive them.
    Yes even the ones that declare they are christians.

My Friends, I have made it back. The missions work has had me so busy, that I've not had a moment to spare.

Oh we live in troubled times!

I hope all of you, have the glow of the Lords love, close to heart.

I've had to take a brief medical leave, so I will be here more often.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
    John 14:27

12. Re: Hi

Hi you everyone, just came by to see what was what.
    I've had a better week, things at times make me want to scream, but that I am hoping, will change.
    saw the va the other week, the doc has me on some of the same meds as 1follower, I bet.
    I guess it helps, I've been praying a lot, asking the lord to calm me down and let me be normal. All this has been tough on my folks, my Mom worries all the time. I pretend to be better for her, when I'm there, I hate lying like that.
    Thanks i will see you all later!

Re: Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Chen View Post
    Hi you everyone, just came by to see what was what.
    I've had a better week, things at times make me want to scream, but that I am hoping, will change.
    saw the va the other week, the doc has me on some of the same meds as 1follower, I bet.
    I guess it helps, I've been praying a lot, asking the lord to calm me down and let me be normal. All this has been tough on my folks, my Mom worries all the time. I pretend to be better for her, when I'm there, I hate lying like that.
    Thanks i will see you all later!
    Hi Sara,
    I am glad you have been able to find both people and medications that have helped.
    It will be a struggle. Be certain that this too shall pass.
    Faith in yourself, and the Lord will see you through to those golden days again.

I will pray for you and your family. I know you suffer for your Mom and she for you.
    I ask you to think about being honest with your parents, they are worthy of it.
    You know you can't fool a Mom.
    I wish you peace.

Thread Information