cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " ... Submit to your husband in everything."

God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit are equal. And there is an order.

Husbands and wives are equal, and there is an order.

The whole Idea that we don't have to live up to our Godly assigned duties because our mate doesn't is a slippery slope.

God didn't tell me it's ok to quit loving my wife because she wasn't submitting, no more than he said for my wife to quit submitting because I have stopped loving her. These aren't conditional.

I am not the perfect husband, but I strive to be, by following Christ. My wife made me want to be a better husband by being a great wife.

If you set conditions, you'll never get there.

Think about it, someone has to lead by example.

If your spouse is not living up to their God given duties, pray for them, talk with them, work with them, help them understand the importance of following the Lord, and be patient.

God has a way of bringing people around, but he does it in his time.

If you strive to do your best in following the Lord, I believe our Father in Heaven will be pleased.

Blog Entries
    The whole Idea that we don't have to live up to our Godly assigned duties because our mate doesn't is a slippery slope.

God didn't tell me it's ok to quit loving my wife because she wasn't submitting, no more than he said for my wife to quit submitting because I have stopped loving her. These aren't conditional.
    Do me a favor snowman...

Go read this thread and tell me that the wife should be submitting to her husband. Take your time and read the whole thing and then let me know what you think.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    Do me a favor snowman...

Go read this thread and tell me that the wife should be submitting to her husband. Take your time and read the whole thing and then let me know what you think.
    Urban missionary I appreciate your point, yet I still don't change my position that "we don't have to live up to our Godly assigned duties because our mate doesn't is a slippery slope".

A slippery slope is exactly what Satan is counting on and our lives are filled with all shades of gray between Black and White, and lets not forget the rainbow as well.

Too many people are looking for an escape claus to fit their agenda. Many women, christian women completely throw out the submission part. They want to rule the house and their men. This whole women's liberation went overkill. it's all about power and control, and it's being used to attack our faith as Christians.

I posted what I think & I pray it is of some usefulness to the situation.

There are always repercussions to our actions, and we won't do everything right, bottom line, we are incapable, and will forever need Jesus's forgiveness of our sins, as well we need to forgive each other.

I pray she comes out unscathed by the situation, because she can loose on both ends of this deal. She could loose either her husband, son or both. I even wonder if she can pray for widow's rights, because she is definitely alone in this deal, and could use God's help to intercede. But the widow's rights may be incorrect here.

I recommend she ask her husband to allow her to discipline the son her way & if she doesn't gain some ground fast, send the son to the father in laws. She is in a dangerous situation. She would be respectful to handle the situation in this matter, hopefully he'll understand. Technically she is the head of the household while he is away for extended leave anyway. Following these actions she may need to ask for forgiveness later, and so what, pride is cheap.

I see you were in the military, I was in the Navy from "90-92".

Quote Originally Posted by Partaker of Christ View Post
    I hear many men say, that it does not matter how bad the husband mistreats his wife (he is answerable to God), but she must love him and obey him.

Question:

If God did not love us, and if He did not demonstrate His love for us, by laying down His life for us, how many of us would love Him and willingly submit to Him?
    Nowhere in Scripture are wives commanded to love their husbands, but the husband is commanded to love his wife--sacrificially as Christ does the Church.

Thread Information