cure-real
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doves' Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Missionary View Post
    Depends what kind of dove. Many doves, like most birds, have no gall bladder although hydroxychenodeoxycholic acid, taurine and other bile related chemicals are often still found in the birds without a gall bladder.
    You are SUCH a geek. While related chemicals may be found, there is still no actual bile.

Dude, you crack me up...

V

Blog Entries
    I must be doing better, you have not called me a geek in at least a month. It used to be weekly and sometimes daily...
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    Depends what kind of dove. Many doves, like most birds, have no gall bladder although hydroxychenodeoxycholic acid, taurine and other bile related chemicals are often still found in the birds without a gall bladder.
    Cannot hold bitterness?

I have been writing about doves in a book I am writing. Hence my interest...

I live in northern California. Would the doves that are in my yard be different than the doves in Israel? I have, I guess what you would call the mourning doves...Coo, coo in the morning and evening. And this time of year, I hear alot of flluttering of their wings which almost sounds like a high-pitched song. (I think it is the dove)

I have a feeling it must have something to do with they have baby doves?

Blog Entries
    I think that the noise is created from the vigorous flapping that they do to take off.

Here in the South that sound is synonymous with "PULL!"
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries

Here in the South that sound is synonymous with "PULL!"
    Huh? I am a Californian thru and thru....I dont' understand Southern talk or ways

Blog Entries
    "PULL!" is a term used when shooting clay pigeons to let the thrower know that you are ready to shoot.

A bit off topic...

Recently a pair of doves have built a nest in an arbor by my garage. They worked together for days building, and now one (I assume the female) is patiently sitting on eggs 24/7. She stays there all day and night, faithfully waiting. It must be boring to wait for eggs to hatch!

I do not have that kind of patience. I want my life to be fruitful NOW. I wish I had not only a dove's eyes, but her patience as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanza32 View Post
    A bit off topic...

Recently a pair of doves have built a nest in an arbor by my garage. They worked together for days building, and now one (I assume the female) is patiently sitting on eggs 24/7. She stays there all day and night, faithfully waiting. It must be boring to wait for eggs to hatch!

I do not have that kind of patience. I want my life to be fruitful NOW. I wish I had not only a dove's eyes, but her patience as well.
    LOL........everything in this section is a bit off-topic.

I doubt if it's any more boring than feeling your baby grow. The bane of humanity, time. How great it must be in Heaven, outside of time, where everything is just is and we will always be with God, unworried by where we have to go or what we should be doing.

Blog Entries
    A bit off topic...

OHHHH how very sweet ! I wish I could see that

Blog Entries
    A bit off topic...

Does she look bored?

Blog Entries
    Of course not. She's probably very content.

Re: Doves' Eyes

No, they don't. However, several species of pigeons and doves do produce bile to a small extent. However, it is not in the same chemical form as most bile in the bird kingdom and these species have no gall bladder to store or concentrate it. (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Pigeons...a_gall_bladder)
    www.ogochukwunwokeji.blogspot.com

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Pigeons...#ixzz1aVGe1CEK
    Quote Originally Posted by ConqueredbyLove View Post
    Anything Is it true a dove does not have a gall bladder as I have heard?

Thread Information