cure-real

Thread: Will I see my loved ones again?

Will I see my loved ones again?

I have had Christians say to me you will see your loved ones again, you will know them.
    You will know those you have never met like a grandparent that died before you were born, you will see them they will help you make the transition when it is your time.
    This sounds really good but I haven't found this in scriptures, can someone help me find this please?
    I want to believe this but without one or more scriptures to back this up, it may be just pretty words, I really hope it is true.
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    My answer would only be an opinion, so here is someone else's scriptural answer.

What does the Bible say about whether we will be able to recognize people in the afterlife? King Saul recognized Samuel when the witch of Endor summoned Samuel from the realm of the dead (1 Samuel 28:8-17). When David’s infant son died, David declared, “I will go to him, but he will not return to me” (2 Samuel 12:23). David assumed that he would be able to recognize his son in heaven, despite the fact that he died as a baby. In Luke 16:19-31, Abraham, Lazarus, and the rich man were all recognizable after death. At the transfiguration, Moses and Elijah were recognizable (Matthew 17:3-4). In these examples, the Bible does seem to indicate that we will be recognizable after death.

The Bible declares that when we arrive in heaven, we will “be like him [Jesus]; for we shall see him as he is” (
    1 John 3:2). Just as our earthly bodies were of the first man Adam, so will our resurrection bodies be just like Christ’s (1 Corinthians 15:47). “And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:49, 53). Many people recognized Jesus after His resurrection (John 20:16, 20; 21:12; 1 Corinthians 15:4-7). If Jesus was recognizable in His glorified body, we also will be recognizable in our glorified bodies. Being able to see our loved ones is a glorious aspect of heaven, but heaven is far more about God, and far less about us. What a pleasure it will be to be reunited with our loved ones and worship God with them for all eternity.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Thank you so much jayne this really helped me so will take notes and keep when I have doubts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Thank you so much jayne this really helped me so will take notes and keep when I have doubts.
    I got that quote from the following website:

http://gotquestions.org/
    ".....it's your nickel"

Mozza Guest

Cool Another Perspective

"What does the Bible say about whether we will be able to recognize people in the afterlife? King Saul recognized Samuel when the witch of Endor summoned Samuel from the realm of the dead (1 Samuel 28:8-17). When David’s infant son died, David declared, “I will go to him, but he will not return to me” (2 Samuel 12:23). David assumed that he would be able to recognize his son in heaven, despite the fact that he died as a baby. In Luke 16:19-31, Abraham, Lazarus, and the rich man were all recognizable after death. At the transfiguration, Moses and Elijah were recognizable (Matthew 17:3-4). In these examples, the Bible does seem to indicate that we will be recognizable after death.

The Bible declares that when we arrive in heaven, we will “be like him [Jesus]; for we shall see him as he is” (
    1 John 3:2). Just as our earthly bodies were of the first man Adam, so will our resurrection bodies be just like Christ’s (1 Corinthians 15:47). “And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:49, 53). Many people recognized Jesus after His resurrection (John 20:16, 20; 21:12; 1 Corinthians 15:4-7). If Jesus was recognizable in His glorified body, we also will be recognizable in our glorified bodies. Being able to see our loved ones is a glorious aspect of heaven, but heaven is far more about God, and far less about us. What a pleasure it will be to be reunited with our loved ones and worship God with them for all eternity."

May I add a bit of a different perspective on this topic Josie? I don't wish to confuse you but there is a wonderful alternative explanation.

The account about the witch of Endor was not proof that Saul actually spoke to Samuel. Inquiring of the dead and consulting spirit mediums were forbidden to God's people. (Deuteronomy 18: 10-12) It would be highly unlikely for God's true servant to speak to someone that God had abandoned. More likely it was a wicked demon spirit impersonating Samuel.

The Jews originally had no notion of going to heaven. They believed in an a resurrection of the dead back to life on earth. This is why Jesus had such a hard time explaining to his disciples that their destiny was in heaven. (Acts 1:6) They thought the Kingdom was earthly.
    When Jesus' friend Lazarus died, he said that he was 'asleep'. (John 11:11-14) When he asked Lazarus' sister if she believed that her brother would rise, she expressed confidence in the resurrection hope, according to Jewish understanding. (John 11:17-27)
    King David did not go to heaven and neither did his son. (Acts 2:34) John 3:13 tells us: "Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man". This means that no one went to heaven before Jesus. This in turn means that all humans who died before Jesus are still 'sleeping' in their graves, awaiting the time of their resurrection. John 5:28, 29 says "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the graves will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."
    If those who are in their graves are called out of them, then they must all still be in them.

When Jesus was on earth he began gathering the ones who would rule with him in his heavenly Kingdom. They were a specific, numbered group, 'chosen' for this purpose and gathered first. It was these ones whom Jesus and the Apostles were addressing and talking about being in a 'glorified' body. These were going to experience something that mankind in general would not....a shedding of their earthly bodies and taking on a spirit body in order to dwell with Jesus in heaven. 'That which was mortal was going to put on immortality'. This is something that humans in general are not granted. Humans and angels have 'everlasting life' granted to them on the basis of their continued obedience. (something different to immortality) God's Kingdom will rule over the earth, where God designed humans to live in the first place. (Isaiah 45:18)
    The rule of God's Kingdom will bring everything back to square one.
    Those who come out of the 'great tribulation' as survivors of 'the end' (like Noah did out of the Ark) will look forward to unending life on a paradise earth. Then God will restore life to all who have ever lived and return them to their families. He never intended that we should be separated from them in the first place and we will never be separated from them again.

So in answer to your original question: Will you see your loved ones again?
    The answer is a resounding YES!!

You don't have to go to heaven to live in paradise, the original one was right here on earth.

Cheers, Mozza

I have had Christians say to me you will see your loved ones again, you will know them.
    You will know those you have never met like a grandparent that died before you were born, you will see them they will help you make the transition when it is your time.
    This sounds really good but I haven't found this in scriptures, can someone help me find this please?
    I want to believe this but without one or more scriptures to back this up, it may be just pretty words, I really hope it is true.
    Thanks in advance.
    What about the aborted babies who never got to know 'loved ones'? Do they 'hang out' on their own?
    We may meet our 'loved ones' but eternity is sufficient 'time' to get to know thoroughly millions and millions of saints...so much so that they will ALL be considered 'loved ones'.
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Hi Mozza, interesting post, thank you.

I do want to ask about Moses and Elijah when Jesus was was speaking to them, so the elect men of old was resurrected before Jesus died?
    This are the ones that will rule and reign over the earth?
    This is for a select few and the rest have to wait until they are raised resurrected to live here on earth during the millenium?
    So when our spirit goes back to God, our spirit is waiting for God to put back in the dead bodies that are in the grave?

jayne thanks for that website, I will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    What about the aborted babies who never got to know 'loved ones'? Do they 'hang out' on their own?
    We may meet our 'loved ones' but eternity is sufficient 'time' to get to know thoroughly millions and millions of saints...so much so that they will ALL be considered 'loved ones'.
    Hmm, interesting point about aborted babies, that is above my comprehension.
    Possibly they will be resurrected and given back to the parents in the new earth?
    I know that sounds pretty out there.

Mozza Guest

Cool Making sense of it all

Hi Mozza, interesting post, thank you.

I do want to ask about Moses and Elijah when Jesus was was speaking to them, so the elect men of old was resurrected before Jesus died?
    This are the ones that will rule and reign over the earth?
    This is for a select few and the rest have to wait until they are raised resurrected to live here on earth during the millenium?
    So when our spirit goes back to God, our spirit is waiting for God to put back in the dead bodies that are in the grave?
    When the transfiguration occurred Jesus was seen in his glory with the figures of Moses and Elijah. Even though many believe that these were really Moses and Elijah in person, John 3:13 tells us: "Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man". This means that no one went to heaven before Jesus. Therefore the appearance of these two figures is likely symbolic.
    Jesus said to the Apostles that had witnessed the event, in Matthew 17:9: "And as they were descending from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying: “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of man is raised up from the dead.”
    As this was a "vision" it is likely that what they witnessed was symbolic of things to come. It does not mean that Moses and Elijah were physically present.

Those who will rule with Jesus in heaven are the "chosen ones". (Matthew 24:22)These will be priests (to intercede for us) and kings (to rule us) during the 1,000 year reign of Christ. These ones began to be gathered as "firstfruits" when Jesus walked the earth. All of the first Christians were of this group and it has a specified number as mentioned in Revelation 14:1-5: "And I saw, and, look! the Lamb standing upon the Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads....And they are singing as if a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one was able to master that song but the hundred and forty-four thousand, who have been bought from the earth.....These were bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb, and no falsehood was found in their mouths; they are without blemish."

These ones began to be resurrected when Christ was enthroned as king of God's Kingdom. (Daniel 7:13, 14, Revelation 11:15) This enthronement is linked with the devil being ousted from heaven to the vicinity of the earth.

Revelation 12:7-12 says: "And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

The rulership of Christ was linked with woe for the earth. A time of unprecedented trouble that was to engulf the whole earth. These are the times we are living in now. The difficult 'last days' of Bible prophesy. (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

When you speak of "the spirit that returns to God" you must understand what that spirit is. "Spirit" means "breath". The Bible does not teach that you have an immortal soul. It tells us that the soul dies. (Ezekiel 18:4)
    King Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20: "For there is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust."

Animals are not promised eternal life, they die and return to the dust, just like we do, but they breathe the same air we do. (one spirit)
    The soul and the spirit are two separate things. The 'soul' is the person, with everything that makes them who they are...their personality traits, their talents, tastes, etc. The 'spirit' is the breath that animates them. When breathing stops, the soul dies. We then 'bury' that one in some sort of a memorial place. (It doesn't matter if people are cremated or buried or have their ashes scattered or even if their bodies are lost somehow; God does not need a single molecule of that person in order to resurrect them. They are all living in his memory and he will fashion a new body for them out of the elements of the earth, like he did for Adam.)
    The 'spirit returns to God' in that God is the only one who can put the breath back into that person when he resurrects them.

So those who go to heaven will rule those of us who live on earth. It will take 1,000 years to undo all the damage that has been done to mankind and the earth, but after that it will be just as God intended at the start. A paradise earth, filled with righteous humans who will take care of the earth and each other.

That's gotta be good news!!

Cheers Mozza

Hmm, interesting point about aborted babies, that is above my comprehension.
    Possibly they will be resurrected and given back to the parents in the new earth?
    I know that sounds pretty out there.
    The bible doesn't say but some believe the babies will no longer be babies but will be who God always meant for them to be. We have to remember, God knows us first to last, whenever the last is. Perhaps they will be grown or even be as little children. Regardless God is good and cares for every last one of us and every part of us. I know He will do what is best! He is the Creator.
    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Hi Mozza,
    However people put it I believe when we die the real US, call it soul or spirit, departs and actually is with Christ.
    There have actually been many resurrections so the spirit had to go back into their bodies. One case being those who rose from graves after the Lord Jesus arose. Surely we don't think these being different personalities after rising from the dead then the ones who died? I think when Lazarus was raised, he was the same Lazarus who had died. He didn't become someone else.
    Having said that there is no reason to believe that it could not have really been Moses and Elijah on the mountain. The disciples certainly believe they were. I believe it could have been symbolic as well though.
    I have a Blog. Please visit!

My Blog http://bibleforums.org/forum/blog.php?b=537

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Thanks in advance.
    Josie,

I think that jayne's answer (2nd post) was excellent. I would add 1 Thessalonians 4:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who have no hope. Since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, in the same way God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep through Jesus. For we say this to you by a revelation from the Lord: We who are still alive at the Lord's coming will certainly have no advantage over those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangel's voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

BD
    3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Mozza Guest

Cool Not different

Quote Originally Posted by My heart's Desire View Post
    However people put it I believe when we die the real US, call it soul or spirit, departs and actually is with Christ.
    There have actually been many resurrections so the spirit had to go back into their bodies. One case being those who rose from graves after the Lord Jesus arose. Surely we don't think these being different personalities after rising from the dead then the ones who died? I think when Lazarus was raised, he was the same Lazarus who had died. He didn't become someone else.
    Having said that there is no reason to believe that it could not have really been Moses and Elijah on the mountain. The disciples certainly believe they were. I believe it could have been symbolic as well though.
    God remembers every detail about everyone. When the resurrection takes place, we will all recognize ourselves and each other. If God remembers every star in heaven and calls each one by name, a few billion people should be a piece of cake. (Isaiah 40:26)

Those resurrected ones mentioned in the Bible did not undergo physical decay. Even though in Lazarus' case his sister did indicate that decomposition may have begun. (John 11:39)

Mozza

Thread Information