cure-real
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The off topic thread where we CAN go off topic ..lol

Blog Entries
    I love my dog. He's half horse, half dog. He will jump the fence if we forget to let him in and go out for a bit, only to sit in the front yard and wait for us to return. He mostly just lays around, or comes to check out what food we're making, or sticks his face in ours cause he wants to be petted. And he barks every time there is a human being (or dog or cat) in a 25-yard radius from our house, because of course, somebody is out there wanting to visit with him, and he has to let them know he's here!

He's got a bitch of an itchy skin situation going on right now (it's not related to fleas or other bugs), and I found out today that olive oil sprinkled on their dog food a couple times a week is a very good remedy for that. Gonna try it and see what happens. Poor chap. I hate having dry, itchy skin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Same guy who decided abbreviation was an appropriate word for it's meaning.
    I often wondered how people remember the spelling of mnemonic. And how you plant seedless grapes.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    I think its funny you made a joke with your own joke...that is like telling yourself a joke then laughing about it, then telling yourself another joke...
    Nah, I have a terrible short term memory due to several nasty blows to the head and years of drug use. I tell myself the same joke over and over and laugh every time!
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhayes View Post
    My dogs are delightful and gentle - unless to decide to raise your voice to me. They reaaallllly don't like that. Nope, they don't.
    Last time woman... those are not dogs. If they were down on the farm we would put saddles on them.
    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I often wondered how people remember the spelling of mnemonic. And how you plant seedless grapes.
    The same way you plant seedless watermelons silly...

OK, so I reckon some folk remember the spelling of mnemonic by use of a special mnemonic device, perhaps a short poem of some kind about itchy dogs, seedless grapes, and pitless olive oil.

I think the Kingdom of God is like a seedless grapevine, and Satan is like an itchy dog.

Blog Entries
    boy..you guys just can't stay on topic at all can you?

great!!!
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    boy..you guys just can't stay on topic at all can you?

great!!!

Sorry moonglow, what was the topic again?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Sorry moonglow, what was the topic again?
    uh...beats me...
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniHansen View Post
    I love my dog. He's half horse, half dog. He will jump the fence if we forget to let him in and go out for a bit, only to sit in the front yard and wait for us to return. He mostly just lays around, or comes to check out what food we're making, or sticks his face in ours cause he wants to be petted. And he barks every time there is a human being (or dog or cat) in a 25-yard radius from our house, because of course, somebody is out there wanting to visit with him, and he has to let them know he's here!

He's got a bitch of an itchy skin situation going on right now (it's not related to fleas or other bugs), and I found out today that olive oil sprinkled on their dog food a couple times a week is a very good remedy for that. Gonna try it and see what happens. Poor chap. I hate having dry, itchy skin.
    I had a dog like that once...the vet said she was allergic to grass! Bendrile helps alot with that but check with your vet first...

Live-Orlando, Fl. Spirit.-near Christ. Mental-out to lunch
    Blog Entries
    Mod. Hat On,

I realize that this is a light hearted thread but there are a few posts here that are sound quite rude. Please remember that though we are joking around please do not be insulting. It is not an attitude we should be exhibiting. Thank you.

Cloudwalker
    Facilitator for Lighter Side

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudwalker View Post
    Mod. Hat On,

I realize that this is a light hearted thread but there are a few posts here that are sound quite rude. Please remember that though we are joking around please do not be insulting. It is not an attitude we should be exhibiting. Thank you.

Cloudwalker
    Facilitator for Lighter Side
    Ok...I didn't see any rude posts but we will keep a better eye on things..thanks.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember "rude posts" being the topic of discussion, but ok...

Why I hate rude posts, let me count the ways...

Blog Entries
    I had a dog like that once...the vet said she was allergic to grass! Bendrile helps alot with that but check with your vet first...
    Should we really prolong the life of an outdoor critter that is allergic to grass???

Maybe we should send them to AZ where a lot of people put painted river rock in their yard as opposed to grass...

Thread Information